Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Are they still planning on doing something with the South End zone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    If you take your maroon glasses off and look at college baseball its a minor sport. No fanbase loves it as much as we do and very, very few even come close. It's no surprise at all than the bowl game had more TVs tuned in than the baseball final.
    I love baseball, it's fun, the CWS was awesome. But football pulls the wagon and it's not remotely close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    I guess it boils down to whether or not you care if we're competitive or not in the West. Dude goes on crootin visits and we are the only open end zone. That sucks.
    E
    Our stadium is currently better than that of Vandy, Ole Miss, and Mizzou. If we just simply bowled-in the SEZ our position in the SEC stadiums probably stays the same spot. I'd rather wait and do something innovative but see if fan support warrants such an investment first. I see a lot of people making excuses not to go to games, and that's not good.

vCash
    You guys are missing the point, no one is saying Baseball is the most important sport and we all know football pays the bills. But Msu is a Baseball School, nothing wrong with this being the case! Wake me up when football at Msu dominates like baseball, and it ain't the stadium, it's about quality Coaches who can recruit and coach guys up!

vCash
    Wouldn?t it make more sense to close it in and to reconfigure the whole stadium with chairback seats all the way around the lower bowl, cutting seating capacity back down to around 60,000 max? 18,000 on each side and 12,000 corner to corner in each end?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Wouldn?t it make more sense to close it in and to reconfigure the whole stadium with chairback seats all the way around the lower bowl, cutting seating capacity back down to around 60,000 max? 18,000 on each side and 12,000 corner to corner in each end?
    Wasn't there a logistics problem with this and they couldn't do it?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    You guys are missing the point, no one is saying Baseball is the most important sport and we all know football pays the bills. But Msu is a Baseball School, nothing wrong with this being the case! Wake me up when football at Msu dominates like baseball, and it ain't the stadium, it's about quality Coaches who can recruit and coach guys up!
    UGA's last natty was baseball. Were they saying then they were now going to be a baseball school? I would even bet their hoops never sacrified $1 after the baseball natty. I'm sure we definitely prioritize baseball more than anybody else when looking at Athletic Budgets and the perentages I would assume. From a fan pride angle, yep, we are a baseball school. But to just say "We are a baseball school" makes as much sense as saying Amazon is a book bidness.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Our stadium is currently better than that of Vandy, Ole Miss, and Mizzou. If we just simply bowled-in the SEZ our position in the SEC stadiums probably stays the same spot. I'd rather wait and do something innovative but see if fan support warrants such an investment first. I see a lot of people making excuses not to go to games, and that's not good.
    Having an open end zone in the SEC makes you look weak. Reduce northern capacity and bowl in the south. It would improve the aesthetics X 100 and help crootin' X 100.

vCash
    UGA's last natty was baseball. Were they saying then they were now going to be a baseball school? I would even bet their hoops never sacrified $1 after the baseball natty. I'm sure we definitely prioritize baseball more than anybody else when looking at Athletic Budgets and the perentages I would assume. From a fan pride angle, yep, we are a baseball school. But to just say "We are a baseball school" makes as much sense as saying Amazon is a book bidness.
    Not even a close comparison. Georgia caught lightning in a bottle that year. We?ve been good a long time and so many Msu folks say ?can?t wait till baseball starts?.

Banned
    vCash
    Not even a close comparison. Georgia caught lightning in a bottle that year. We?ve been good a long time and so many Msu folks say ?can?t wait till baseball starts?.
    good catch and you make sense. It's definitely, especially now the sport that brings tons of more fan pride than the other 2. I still say our next investment needs to bowl in that ugly south endzone. Football has and will always be the financial foundation of our Athl Dept.

vCash
    good catch and you make sense. It's definitely, especially now the sport that brings tons of more fan pride than the other 2. I still say our next investment needs to bowl in that ugly south endzone. Football has and will always be the financial foundation of our Athl Dept.
    Only way I see bowling the south end zone is how much the Pirate wins the next few years. We don’t necessarily need mor seating right now. Like someone stated the east stands need improvements like the west side.
    Gonna be interesting to see how many season tickets are sold this year.

I’m not seeing a hotel wanting to invest in south end zone. Why would they want something that only is attractive except a few weeks out of the year. Not sure basketball or even. Aseball would attract much attention for them.

Banned
    vCash
    Only way I see bowling the south end zone is how much the Pirate wins the next few years. We don’t necessarily need mor seating right now. Like someone stated the east stands need improvements like the west side.
    Gonna be interesting to see how many season tickets are sold this year.

I’m not seeing a hotel wanting to invest in south end zone. Why would they want something that only is attractive except a few weeks out of the year. Not sure basketball or even. Aseball would attract much attention for them.
    Good points. Starting the project tomorrow would be a bad look and ill-advised. A decision needs to be made after this year; one way or the other pending on field results.

vCash
    Good points. Starting the project tomorrow would be a bad look and ill-advised. A decision needs to be made after this year; one way or the other pending on field results.
    Let’s see how this year goes. Also the Hump needs improvements. Btw I’d rather see indoor practice facility for football before work on the south end zone. Maybe Dak will contribute and we put his statue in front.

Banned
    vCash
    Let’s see how this year goes. Also the Hump needs improvements. Btw I’d rather see indoor practice facility for football before work on the south end zone. Maybe Dak will contribute and we put his statue in front.
    That's an interesting take. I would like to know about our IPF, how it compares to others and what the current drawbacks are. Oh, and yes, I'm a dumbass on these matters. But I do remember Tuberville holding practice in a parking lot. I jerked to it. LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Doing that would certainly be nice, but ticket prices would have to increase substantially via seat access fees.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Doing that would certainly be nice, but ticket prices would have to increase substantially via seat access fees.
    No, they wouldn't HAVE to.

vCash
    Having an open end zone in the SEC makes you look weak. Reduce northern capacity and bowl in the south. It would improve the aesthetics X 100 and help crootin' X 100.
    Reduce North endzone capacity? How? Why? That's the new part of the stadium and the only part that makes ours better than the ones I mentioned. Bowling in didn't do shit for Ole Miss because they did it to increase capacity over Davis-Wade. Mission accomplished and nothing gained but more empty benches. I want something that others will want to copy, just like with NEZ. That was innovative.

Banned
    vCash
    Reduce North endzone capacity? How? Why? That's the new part of the stadium and the only part that makes ours better than the ones I mentioned. Bowling in didn't do shit for Ole Miss because they did it to increase capacity over Davis-Wade. Mission accomplished and nothing gained but more empty benches. I want something that others will want to copy, just like with NEZ. That was innovative.
    Ask any fan or Athletic Department Head how they would feel if they would like to tear down an endzone and replace it with a Davis Wade Southern zone. I don't accept Bush League attitudes and our endzone looks like total shit. First Impressions and Shit.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 07-16-2021 at 10:58 PM.

vCash
    Ask any fan or Athletic Department Head how they would feel if they would like to tear down an endzone and replace it with a Davis Wade Southern zone. I don't accept Bush League attitudes and our endzone looks like total shit. First Impressions and Shit.
    What the hell are you talking about?

vCash
    We really need to cut the top off the west side and make it match the East. The top tier is terrible and press box is last due for an upgrade.

However if we are air castling, I want to tear the whole thing down and build and English soccer type stadium. Such as Emirates but top capacity at 65K.

Something should be done with the south end zone. I feel like it was a mistake to do the scoreboard club on the north. We should have left that part off and put that money to the south end zone. Auburns stadium was like that before they expanded.

Banned
    vCash
    What the hell are you talking about?
    What part of "looks like total shit" do you not understand?