Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans eats

Banned
    vCash

New Orleans eats

Overnight in new Orleans tonight. What?s the one restaurant you MUST go to if you only had one night in New Orleans. Price doesn?t matter from cheapest to most expensive. Im game for whatever.

Banned
    vCash
    I’m staying at the Hilton at riverside if that helps

vCash
    Not sure about supper but breakfast MUST is Court of Two Sisters…..

vCash
    They have a breakfast buffet that you won’t see the likes of anywhere else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I?m staying at the Hilton at riverside if that helps
    Down ST Charles a bit is Herb Saint... and peppercorn seared Tuna
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Do not do antoine's. Was awful a few months ago and terrible service too. G.W Finns was pretty good. Check out the menu. We had a bad server but the meal was good. If you like a breakfast eggs benedict, I highly recommend Stanley's. The crab cake eggs benedict was excellent. It comes with two and is a pretty large serving so you can split it if you like. And it's not far at all from cafe du monde if you want beignets.

vCash
    Cochon is awesome in my opinion. Appetizers are amazing and great selection of entrees

vCash
    Overnight in new Orleans tonight. What?s the one restaurant you MUST go to if you only had one night in New Orleans. Price doesn?t matter from cheapest to most expensive. Im game for whatever.
    Are you trying to stay near your hotel, or no? NOLA is re-opened, I think. Don't go to Mulate's. Mother's may already be closed, but that's ok. GW Fins gets good reviews, Bourbon House is good. Felix's for oysters is on Bourbon. If you can get in, Commander's Palace uptown a bit, is great. New Orleans Seafood and Hamburger is good to just get your grub on. Redfish Grill is excellent, it's near GW Fins and Bourbon House. Deanies Seafood, I'd skip. Sadly, K-Pauls closed last year. It was our fave. Happy hunting!

vCash
    Atmosphere? Food type? By yourself? With family or friends? Just you and your wife?

We like going to Irenes for an evening out. The atmosphere at irenes is quiet with great food. You can stroll around for drinks afterwards.
    Dickie Brennan?s used to be a great steak. I haven?t been in a long time. Seafood pretty much most places is good in New Orleans. Most places have a decent gumbo. oceana grill usually has good fried seafood.
    One of the better ones a little further away is Jacques Imos in Carrollton area.

Just depends on what you want. Gumbo Shop is always busy and well known. If you just want to walk and stay down in the Canal to quarter area, GW Fins or Irenes.
    Last edited by trojandawg; 07-10-2021 at 06:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    Are you trying to stay near your hotel, or no? NOLA is re-opened, I think. Don't go to Mulate's. Mother's may already be closed, but that's ok. GW Fins gets good reviews, Bourbon House is good. Felix's for oysters is on Bourbon. If you can get in, Commander's Palace uptown a bit, is great. New Orleans Seafood and Hamburger is good to just get your grub on. Redfish Grill is excellent, it's near GW Fins and Bourbon House. Deanies Seafood, I'd skip. Sadly, K-Pauls closed last year. It was our fave. Happy hunting!
    Redfish grill menu looks pretty tasty to me.

Banned
    vCash
    Thanks guys!

vCash
    Vincent's

vCash
    Superior seafood then walk next door to fat Harry's

vCash
    Mother's on Poydras. Palace Cafe on Canal.

vCash
    I love the redfish at Estrella on Decatur

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Danko View Post
    Cochon is awesome in my opinion. Appetizers are amazing and great selection of entrees
    This. And a good place for a family, too, as is Cochon Butcher next door (both owned/operated by Donald Link; someone else already mentioned Herbsaint, which is his flagship restaurant).

If you make your way to Magazine, Parasols is THE spot for po-boys. Tracy's has good food (the hamburger po-boy is choice), but it is more of bar vibe, if that ain't your thing. In the quarter, a great off the path place for dinner is EAT on Dumaine (the cochon and BBQ shrimp are amazing).

vCash
    Really can't go wrong anywhere. If you like Italian There is a place call Venezias on N Carrolton headed toward City Park. 2 blocks from there is Brocatas Italian Gelato.

vCash
    Luke

vCash
    G W Fins ...even though a large restaurant it’s menu changes daily and is an incredibly well run establishment and never had a mediocre meal there, always outstanding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Not sure about supper but breakfast MUST is Court of Two Sisters…..
    My wife swears that Court of Two Sisters is the best brunch/breakfast place that you will find anywhere. I have never eaten there but she convinced me that next time we are there we will go.