Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't shoot the messenger and no idea if it is true

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    If you catch COVID now, buy the ticket take the ride. If the vaccination rate does not improve, we will go through hell again this fall and winter.
    Everybody I know who has gotten covid this summer is vaccinated

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I'm fully vaccinated, but I respect the decision for those who aren't. That's completely up to you and it should be.

However, don't get mad or upset if a variant causes an outbreak and effects our lives and possibly MSU sports again.
    It's already doing that. Among the vaccinated. The majority of the 8 nc state players who tested positive were vaccinated.

I do agree with you that is a personal choice. I support getting vaccinated if that is what is right for you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokennotfractured View Post
    3 billion people have been given the vaccine with virtually no problems at all yet you choose to not get vaccinated because of possible side effects? While knowing that millions of people have died and millions of more lives ruined from the side effects of covid. I can not wrap my head around this. I'm not a democrat. I'm an ER physician that has seen the horrors of covid. I honestly don't care if you get vaccinated or not but don't bury your head in the sand and think this is a "never let a crisis go to waste" type event. Complete ignorance.
    The fact that politicians are exploiting it is not incompatible with it being a real crisis. While there are certainly politicians and bureaucrats trying to do the best they can with the information they have, that is not what has dominated our policy decisions w/r/t covid.

And you can criticize people all you want, but we need credible institutions with credible leaders for instances like this. Not everybody is going to be able to do their own research. Unfortunately, we don't have either so we're going to end up muddling through this in a very suboptimal manner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The 3rd shot is confusing me. It's being reported that the vaccine is highly effective, and the numbers support that. It's also being reported that the vaccine is highly effective against the delta variant. What is the 3rd booster for?
    Money

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    The fact that politicians are exploiting it is not incompatible with it being a real crisis. While there are certainly politicians and bureaucrats trying to do the best they can with the information they have, that is not what has dominated our policy decisions w/r/t covid.

And you can criticize people all you want, but we need credible institutions with credible leaders for instances like this. Not everybody is going to be able to do their own research. Unfortunately, we don't have either so we're going to end up muddling through this in a very suboptimal manner.
    Medical journals, CDC, etc weren't that controversial before 2020. There's plenty of good info out there that medical professionals trust. Most people are just emotionally biased based on who they hear it from

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    I'm 58 , eat a South Beach diet and usually get in 50 push ups a day. My unhealthy vice is vodka but hadn't had the flu in over 10 yrs and never a flu shot. This Covid thing has "never let a crisis go to waste" aspect and I don't take too kindly being a government guinea pig.
    It's basically a choice WHICH government you want to be a guinea pig for. Take the vaccine and you are one for the US (at VERY low risk) or don't take it and you choose to be one for China. Like it or not that is your choice. I take it you chose China.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknut View Post
    He didn't say that. Some people are leery of a vaccine that was rushed through production and is still not approved by the FDA. I'm vaccinated, but I'll defend anyone's right if they don't want it.
    YES, that is EXACTLY what he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    So, they flat out lied when they said TWO shots would protect you. Not me .. especially when the drug companies have 'zero' liability and make big bucks promoting them.

Why not FOUR shots?
    No they didn't. They never said that at all. They have said from the very beginning that boosters or an annual shot similar to the flu shot would be needed. Good grief.

vCash
    Hey guys let's get back to the natty talk, it was a lot more fun than this. We spend almost a year with the covid thread, lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Medical journals, CDC, etc weren't that controversial before 2020. There's plenty of good info out there that medical professionals trust. Most people are just emotionally biased based on who they hear it from
    Exactly. How this became political I will NEVER understand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    It's already doing that. Among the vaccinated. The majority of the 8 nc state players who tested positive were vaccinated.

I do agree with you that is a personal choice. I support getting vaccinated if that is what is right for you.
    Then you support almost everyone being vaccinated. There are VERY few legitimate reasons not to get this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokennotfractured View Post
    3 billion people have been given the vaccine with virtually no problems at all yet you choose to not get vaccinated because of possible side effects? While knowing that millions of people have died and millions of more lives ruined from the side effects of covid. I can not wrap my head around this. I'm not a democrat. I'm an ER physician that has seen the horrors of covid. I honestly don't care if you get vaccinated or not but don't bury your head in the sand and think this is a "never let a crisis go to waste" type event. Complete ignorance.
    Bravo sir.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Then you support almost everyone being vaccinated. There are VERY few legitimate reasons not to get this.
    For young adults and kids, I think there's few reasons to get it. For mid-adults there's a real decision. For older people and preexisting conditions, there is no decision, get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
    so what you're saying is, people do dumb stuff that negatively affects their health???
    such as smoking. such as refusing to take a vaccine despite the fact that it appears to be a much better option that dying from covid...
    We know smoking is bad and will likely eventually kill you. We know Covid can kill you. People make bad health decisions every single day.
    I had Covid and didn't die. I also don't plan to take the vaccine. People get sick. Some might die. Vaccines don't determine who lives and who dies. What's your point?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Hey guys let's get back to the natty talk, it was a lot more fun than this. We spend almost a year with the covid thread, lol!
    Unfortunately the numbers don't lie. We are heading into another surge with all that means. The sad thing is this one was mostly preventable. We had a choice this time. People chose to let this one happen. There are still around 1/4 of the over 65s not vaccinated in Mississippi. One more thing: Everyone I know that actually has to treat COVID is saying that this time it's affecting WAY more younger people, and the younger people are getting much sicker. Get your damn shots. It isn't some kind of political statement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    I had Covid and didn't die. I also don't plan to take the vaccine. People get sick. Some might die. Vaccines don't determine who lives and who dies. What's your point?
    Numbers don't lie. If you are vaccinated and you get it you are a heck of a lot less likely to die than if you aren't vaccinated. It also ain't all about dying. I know several people who will never be the same after getting it.

vCash
    Oh, I understand how and why it became political. When Populism rears it?s ugly head, situations like this become inevitable. Fifty years from now, this dynamic will be the topic of several dissertations.
    See ?The Dipping Vat War?.

vCash
    For young adults and kids, I think there's few reasons to get it. For mid-adults there's a real decision. For older people and preexisting conditions, there is no decision, get it.
    I have a friend whose 28 year old daughter died from it.

vCash
    You might spread it to someone else. That was reason enough for me to get it back in March. The vaccine dramatically reduces the chances of that.

Also, I don't want to have to take a couple weeks off work, which is what I'd have to do if I ever caught the disease, regardless of how mild and survivable it would likely be in my age group. I bank my time off to use for fun things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Unfortunately the numbers don't lie. We are heading into another surge with all that means. The sad thing is this one was mostly preventable. We had a choice this time. People chose to let this one happen. There are still around 1/4 of the over 65s not vaccinated in Mississippi. One more thing: Everyone I know that actually has to treat COVID is saying that this time it's affecting WAY more younger people, and the younger people are getting much sicker. Get your damn shots. It isn't some kind of political statement.
    Wow, just wow. I'm not making any kind of political statement. I'm saying we've had enough covid discussions.