Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Don't shoot the messenger and no idea if it is true

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    You're implying that it's black people, but surveys and actual vaccination data show that rural whites have the lowest vaccination rate.
    Not according to the department of health. It actually tracks along racial lines. I think it is a combination of libertarians and black people.

https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static...rces/12130.pdf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Not according to the department of health. It actually tracks along racial lines. I think it is a combination of libertarians and black people.

https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static...rces/12130.pdf
    You just linked the same page I linked at you. Look at the map and compare the Delta and other majority black counties to the white rural counties in the Eastern part of the state.

Yes, white vaccination rates compare favorably because of white suburbans and white liberals like me getting it at extremely high rates. But there is a huge gulf in vaccination rates between white suburbans and white rural, or white Biden supporters and white Trump supporters, or however you want to label it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    So, they flat out lied when they said TWO shots would protect you. Not me .. especially when the drug companies have 'zero' liability and make big bucks promoting them.

Why not FOUR shots?
    Nope, no one lied when they said two shots would protect you at all. They always said that most likely there would have to be booster shots. These type claims are what is wrong with social media.

vCash
    You just linked the same page I linked at you. Look at the map and compare the Delta and other majority black counties to the white rural counties in the Eastern part of the state.

Yes, white vaccination rates compare favorably because of white suburbans and white liberals like me getting it at extremely high rates. But there is a huge gulf in vaccination rates between white suburbans and white rural, or white Biden supporters and white Trump supporters, or however you want to label it.
    I'm just looking at the second page where it says 58% of vaccinations in MS are to whites, who make up 57% of the population, while 36% are to blacks who make up 37% of the population.

And considering the overwhelming number of whites in MS are conservative, the white vaccination rate has to be driven by conservatives, not liberals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Nope, no one lied when they said two shots would protect you at all. They always said that most likely there would have to be booster shots. These type claims are what is wrong with social media.
    Who is they? The cdc and fda said yesterday, literally, that vaccinated Americans "do not need" booster shots

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/07/08/health/pfizer-waning-immunity-bn/index.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I'm just looking at the second page where it says 58% of vaccinations in MS are to whites, who make up 57% of the population, while 36% are to blacks who make up 37% of the population.

And considering the overwhelming number of whites in MS are conservative, the white vaccination rate has to be driven by conservatives, not liberals.
    You should look at the whole document instead of the one number that appears to confirm your preexisting notions. All of the white rural counties are very low, but places like Madison and Rankin (not liberal counties, but suburban ones) are pulling it up, as are the college towns. Those may not be liberal, but they're not the white rural counties that are refusing vaccination at the highest rates in every state.

Basically every county with the a rate in the 20s is rural and mostly white. The Delta is doing better than those.

vCash
    As someone who works around it daily and has yet to get it… masks work, the vaccine works, distancing works. GET. THE. VACCINE. PLEASE!!! For us healthcare workers that are stretched so thin… please!!!!! If you don’t want a total and complete collapse of the healthcare system in the United States, we have to vaccinate the population and stop this. If we have another outbreak like we did before, there will be no 911 system to respond to your calls, no nurses to help you, no money to run the hospitals, etc. the healthcare system as you know it will cease to exist. Trust me. It is currently teetering on imploding as it sits now due to the first pandemic, it won’t survive a second.

vCash
    You should look at the whole document instead of the one number that appears to confirm your preexisting notions. All of the white rural counties are very low, but places like Madison and Rankin (not liberal counties, but suburban ones) are pulling it up, as are the college towns. Those may not be liberal, but they're not the white rural counties that are refusing vaccination at the highest rates in every state.
    What? There is no way from that county chart for you to know which people (black or white) in which counties are getting vaccinated. For example, there is no way from that chart to tell if the 30% of people in Scott county who have received a shot are black, white, liberal, or conservative.

But the chart im directing you to literally tells you how many blacks and many whites have received the shot.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Social media shutting out other opinions in Jack Booted fashion creates skepticism.

vCash

Not sure where you live, but in Mississippi, you cannot label white suburbans and white rural as white biden supporters and white trump supporters. You can call them white trump supporters and ardent white trump supporters maybe? But I'm not sure trump support really breaks down on those lines.

Also, the white rural counties in the eastern part of the state used to be where a lot of the white democrats were. Not positive, but I think those were the latter state house and senate seats to flip from democrat to republican. Maybe they've got a bunch of trump crossover voters now; not sure.

vCash
    Y'all arguing about white and black are basically missing the REAL split. It's education level more than anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    What about personal responsibility? If you are at risk, you should get the vaccine to protect yourself. Forgive me if I don't get the vaccine to protect those that should have the vaccine because they are high risk. That's not my responsibility. Lol at comparing condoms to a "vaccine".
    So you don't want to take responsibility for your actions but you want others to take responsibility for theirs, and yours. Got it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    But I thought all we had to do was shut down for two weeks, or wear mask or not see people for a year. It never stops. Hey dude, nobody said covid isn't real, but it's a virus, all this shit we've done and it still hasn't stopped it.
    Actually we have slowed it down a lot. Y'all just don't want to take responsibility for your actions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    This thread was ok til Liverpool came up with his made up stories and theory's. He is still in his basement getting excited about this new thread and then variants Dude is a propaganda machine and gets off on these Covid threads. Notice how he has been absent til now. Called him out on 247 and he disappeared .

Did y'all hear we won a Natty???
    LOL, I'm vaccinated and out and about. Was in Starkville shopping today. I haven't posted on 24/7 in YEARS. You have the wrong guy dude. I have never posted there about COVID. You are hilarious!
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 07-09-2021 at 03:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Wow, just wow. I'm not making any kind of political statement. I'm saying we've had enough covid discussions.
    I quoted the wrong post, sorry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This is how it should be, but there's all too few who can respect others decisions. For the vast majority, if I got, you should get, and if I didn't get it, you shouldn't either.
    So if I'm comfortable with getting smashed and getting behind the wheel and going for a drive then its all good then. Me being comfortable is all that matters. That is exactly the same thing as you just said. If your decision only affected you then your statement would be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    So if I'm comfortable with getting smashed and getting behind the wheel and going for a drive then its all good then. Me being comfortable is all that matters. That is exactly the same thing as you just said. If your decision only affected you then your statement would be fine.
    DUI is against the law. Being unvaccinated isn't. Got another crap analogy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    DUI is against the law. Being unvaccinated isn't. Got another crap analogy?
    It's the same thing. You said it was about feeling comfortable with yourself. You choosing not to be vaccinated can be very detrimental to others. It's called taking responsibility for your actions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    It's the same thing. You said it was about feeling comfortable with yourself. You choosing not to be vaccinated can be very detrimental to others. It's called taking responsibility for your actions.
    If I don't take my 13-year-old to be vaccinated, it's the same as DUI? Just stop

vCash
    Ok. I'm closing this sh!T-Show.

Y'all just can't behave and go talk about our natty