Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't shoot the messenger and no idea if it is true

vCash

Don't shoot the messenger and no idea if it is true

but I heard today that there are some MSU fans who had been in Omaha that have returned home and are now finding themselves ill with COVID.
    Yall heard about anyone fitting into this category?

Sucks if true, because I really felt like things were back to normal while there. Big crowds, lots of hugs and screaming. It felt like a real sporting event for the first time, in a long time.
    Maybe this was all just a bad rumor or it is being overblown.
    I am mainly curious if you have heard of any cases from those who were there?
    Last edited by RC3; 07-08-2021 at 09:11 PM.

vCash
    I mean. An entire team was removed from
    Competition because of the virus. So no it hasn?t gone away but no one said it did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
    but I heard today that there are some MSU fans who had been in Omaha that have returned home and are now finding themselves ill with COVID.

Sucks if true, because I really felt like things were back to normal while there. Big crowds, lots of hugs and screaming. It felt like a real sporting event for the first time, in a long time.
    I am unvaccinated, went to all 3 games and haven?t experienced a symptom. Same for a buddy who went with me. I guess it?s possible I?m asymptomatic, but I?m not going to go get tested without a single symptom. Would?ve never done that before 2020 when I could?ve been asymptomatic with any other infectious disease.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    When only 31% of the state is fully vaxxed.....

Our world would be so much better if we did not have social media and 24 hour news cycles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMSDog View Post
    I am unvaccinated, went to all 3 games and haven?t experienced a symptom. Same for a buddy who went with me. I guess it?s possible I?m asymptomatic, but I?m not going to go get tested without a single symptom. Would?ve never done that before 2020 when I could?ve been asymptomatic with any other infectious disease.
    Seems reasonable to me. If you aren?t sick, you aren?t sick, right? No reason to get tested for Covid I wouldn?t think.
    And to the above poster, I realize that a team was removed from the tournament. And that it?s still out there.
    I?m just hopeful we have mostly put it all behind us

vCash
    Guess you might need a 3rd shot soon...

https://apnews.com/article/europe-co...80d7359a8de70c

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Guess you might need a 3rd shot soon...

https://apnews.com/article/europe-co...80d7359a8de70c
    I could see the shots being given similar to a flu shot on an annual basis.

vCash
    I was there for all 3 games. Hugged and high fived hundreds. Was at the team hotel where we were all on top of each other like ants. Hit the bars and restaurants. Unvaccinated. Nobody who went in our crew is sick.

vCash
    Between friends and family I know 100 or so that went, most there for the whole run and not a one with covid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC3 View Post

My wife is recovering from Covid now but she wasn't in Omaha. So far, the rest of the family is fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindog View Post
    Our world would be so much better if we did not have social media and 24 hour news cycles.
    This is the only thing I believe in this entire post you replied to. Your sentence.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm 58 , eat a South Beach diet and usually get in 50 push ups a day. My unhealthy vice is vodka but hadn't had the flu in over 10 yrs and never a flu shot. This Covid thing has "never let a crisis go to waste" aspect and I don't take too kindly being a government guinea pig.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 07-08-2021 at 11:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    I'm 58 , eat a South Beach diet and usually get in 50 push ups a day. My unhealthy vice is vodka but hadn't had the flu in over 10 yrs and never a flu shot. This Covid thing has "never let a crisis go to waste" aspect and I don't take too kindly being a government guinea pig.
    Yep, 600,000 people pretended to die and a million more sick just do the government can pull one over on you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Yep, 600,000 people pretended to die and a million more sick just do the government can pull one over on you.
    He didn't say that. Some people are leery of a vaccine that was rushed through production and is still not approved by the FDA. I'm vaccinated, but I'll defend anyone's right if they don't want it.

vCash
    I wasn't going to respond to this.... but since someone has to Democrat ....

Yes. I have seen a Facebook post by a State fan. A guy i semi know. He went to Omaha. He posted he got covid. Didn't say when or where he got the virus but posted this after his trip. He posted that he is fully vaccinated.

vCash
    If you catch COVID now, buy the ticket take the ride. If the vaccination rate does not improve, we will go through hell again this fall and winter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    When only 31% of the state is fully vaxxed.....

You can still catch it.

19. Member
    vCash
    My daughter (age 20) and I (age 48) were both in Omaha for the championship series. We are both fully vaccinated and have had zero Covid symptoms. We were in crowded areas for much of the time we were in Omaha.

However, it would not surprise me that people are catching Covid from the CWS. It was crowded, and most Mississippians still are not vaccinated. I have zero concerns for my own health. Even if I catch it, it will likely be a mild case since I am vaccinated. My daughter caught Covid last summer before vaccines were available, and it was a terrible case. She had to get breathing treatments, and it took months for her lungs to recover, but she does have asthma as an underlying condition. I would not wish Covid on anyone.
    Last edited by TigerMomofaDawg; 07-09-2021 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Typos