Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grad transfers Anastasia Hayes and Raven Farley have arrived (Women's Basketball)

vCash

Salty is 100% correct

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Yeah, asshole it's got absolutely nothing to do with her being an absolute shitty coach who sits on her ass during the game. Yeah, it's got shit to do with the fact that her players are lazy and routinely get beat in transition because of lack of effort. Yeah, it's got nothing to do with the fact that she has ruined a top 5 program in one year. That isn't "spin" as you say, it's the truth. You, on the other hand, resort to race, wokeism and other bullshit. That's what weak people do when they don't have anything or anyone else to blame their problems on.
    Coach absolutely destroyed a top five program in no time at all. The potential and hope that we are looking for in the program now is based on TRANSFERS. Transfers? We're talking transfers? The only thing she has proven in one year is that she is a program destroyer and can't recruit.

vCash
    Coach McCray Penson (2020 Conf USA Coach Of The Year and 24-6 her final season at at Old Dominion/ Won National Championship, 2 Final Fours appearances, 4 SEC Regular Season Championships, 3 SEC Tourney Championships. as an assistant coach at South Carolina)

That said, she had a really tough, underwhelming start to her first season as head coach at Miss. State. Even appeared to lose control of the team to an extent, underachieved and frustration set in, some players showed signs of giving up. Appeared some of her players were unable to successfully execute the level of effort and play that she needed out of them despite everything that she and the staff taught and tried. Still, in my opinion she has potential to bounce back in season 2, and surprise a lot of people.

Huge keys for this upcoming season are maintaining control of the locker room, the team's adjustments (including approach to the game), and overall team toughness (physical and mental), especially with the post players.

Again...the coaching staff must gain and maintain control of the locker room. I already sense 2 different camps....Rickea Jackson and her group (Rickea, Jessika, Myah, few others), and newcomers as a different camp (Hayes sisters, other newcomers, and some returnees). Coaching staff needs to get a handle on this...bring this team to 1 unified camp, 1 unified team. Rickea Jackson will need to be more inclusive to these new players, and not try to step on Coach McCray Penson's toes, her authority as head coach. Also, she will need to be accepting of the Hayes sisters, and Anastasia Hayes as another great talent to the lineup...work together to help them be successful. Additionally...equal opportunity for all the players regarding playing time, starting positions, and play as a well tuned unit/team.

I pulled hard for Coach Johnnie Harris to get the job, but have supported this current coach ever since she was announced....and still support. The bashers have their right to criticize, but why not instead show much more support for your women's basketball coach and the program? Also, the women's basketball program showed much public support. for the baseball team during their national championship run and afterwards....appeared very excited, proud.These aren't bad people, the boogeyman. Just give them a chance. Best to pull back together as a unified fanbase.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 07-10-2021 at 02:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Coach McCray Penson (2020 Conf USA Coach Of The Year and 24-6 her final season at at Old Dominion/ Won National Championship, 2 Final Fours appearances, 4 SEC Regular Season Championships, 3 SEC Tourney Championships. as an assistant coach at South Carolina)

That said, she had a really tough, underwhelming start to her first season as head coach at Miss. State. Even appeared to lose control of the team to an extent, underachieve, frustration set in, some players showed signs of giving up. Appeared some of her players were unable to successfully. execute the level of effort and play that she needed out of them despite everything that she and the staff taught and tried. Still, in my opinion she has potential to bounce back in season 2, and surprise a lot of people.

Huge keys for this upcoming season are maintaining control of the locker room, the team's adjustments (including approach to the game), and overall team toughness (physical and mental), especially with the post players.

Again...the coaching staff must gain and maintain control of the locker room. I already sense 2 different camps....Rickea Jackson and her group (Rickea, Jessika, Myah, few others), and newcomers as a different camp (Hayers sisters, other newcomers and some returnees). Coaching staff needs to get a handle on this...bring this team to 1. unified camp, 1 unified team. Rickea Jackson will need to be more inclusive to these new players and not try to step on Coach McCray Penson's. authority as head coach. Also, she will need to be accepting of the Hayes sisters, and Anastasia Hayes as another great talent to the lineup...work together to help them be succesfull.

I pulled hard for Coach Johnnie Harris to get the job, but have supported this current coach ever since she was announced....and still support. The bashers have their right to criticize, but why not instead show much more support for your women's basketball coach and the program? Also, the women's basketball program showed much public support. for the baseball team during their national championship run and afterwards...and appeared very excited, proud.These aren't bad people, the boogie man. Just give them a chance. Best to pull back together as a unified fanbase.
    No one wants to see any sport at Msu fail, but when things you mentioned such as control of the locker room, players giving up, unify the team and I will add quit acting like one of the players and Coach them up, It's a HUGH task for her, it didn't look good because she lost all control but yet stayed with whatever misfits occurred. She should have started culling and let those on the team know she is in control, not those that didn't give 100% control her. It's a major problem and concerning moving forward.

I hope she succeeds I just have my doubts from her actions or lack of actions. Oh, on the outside looking in, I thought it was a good hire, but what I saw from her last year, it's a bust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    No one wants to see any sport at Msu fail, but when things you mentioned such as control of the locker room, players giving up, unify the team and I will add quit acting like one of the players and Coach them up, It's a HUGH task for her, it didn't look good because she lost all control but yet stayed with whatever misfits occurred. She should have started culling and let those on the team know she is in control, not those that didn't give 100% control her. It's a major problem and concerning moving forward.
    Lots of people on this board have been explicitly rooting for NMP to fail, ever since some players made Tik-Tok videos (which they were already doing under Schaefer and every other team also does) and expressed support for Black Lives Matter and other political stances associated with the Left (which they were already doing under Schaefer and a huge chunk of players at every team also do).

vCash

LOL

At this point....the 3 main offensive options
    - Anastasia Hayes
    - Jessika Carter
    - Rickea Jackson

No particular order, but note...Anastasia Hayes can really fill it up.

My opinion...posters on here like 99jc are disrespectful trolling, intolerant, partly social/politically biased ideology related, motivated with racist hateful views towards Coach McCray Penson and her players speaking out, protesting, ect...against issues, views, ect (including the state flag)..that contradict certain ideology. They usually tend act out, (including troll, bash, trash, curse spin narratives, ect) on this board, other boards. People like this...past times, even unto these days..have litterally committed way numerous murders, acts of terror ect....standing up these type beliefs.

Also, (note) How many times has 99jc brought up concerns with these people and others being woke? Other names as well.

How many time has this poster been allowed to come on the women's basketball related threads and attempt to trash, ambush, attack, destroy the thread? Try to spin narratives? Answer...Many

Again...one of his key calling card words is....woke
    Are you Pong Dawg from Gene's Page?

vCash

I hope she succeeds I just have my doubts from her actions or lack of actions. Oh, on the outside looking in, I thought it was a good hire, but what I saw from her last year, it's a bust.
    I disagree, ALOT of MSU fans want to see NMP and this team fail, alot of them have come on multiple times stating just that! The hatred for NMP started last year when she was asked by Cohen to speak at the change of the flag ceremony... it was over for her after that. It's immaturity but it happened. I'll be pulling for her and the program regardless. Hopefully the younger fans and students will join in support. Most of the hatred is coming from the older fans and alumni stuck in their old ways.. its just reality

vCash

That said, she had a really tough, underwhelming start to her first season as head coach at Miss. State. Even appeared to lose control of the team to an extent, underachieved and frustration set in, some players showed signs of giving up. Appeared some of her players were unable to successfully execute the level of effort and play that she needed out of them despite everything that she and the staff taught and tried. Still, in my opinion she has potential to bounce back in season 2, and surprise a lot of people.

Again...the coaching staff must gain and maintain control of the locker room. I already sense 2 different camps....Rickea Jackson and her group (Rickea, Jessika, Myah, few others), and newcomers as a different camp (Hayes sisters, other newcomers, and some returnees). Coaching staff needs to get a handle on this...bring this team to 1 unified camp, 1 unified team. Rickea Jackson will need to be more inclusive to these new players, and not try to step on Coach McCray Penson's toes, her authority as head coach. Also, she will need to be accepting of the Hayes sisters, and Anastasia Hayes as another great talent to the lineup...work together to help them be successful. Additionally...equal opportunity for all the players regarding playing time, starting positions, and play as a well tuned unit/team.

I pulled hard for Coach Johnnie Harris to get the job, but have supported this current coach ever since she was announced....and still support. The bashers have their right to criticize, but why not instead show much more support for your women's basketball coach and the program? Also, the women's basketball program showed much public support. for the baseball team during their national championship run and afterwards...and appeared very excited, proud.These aren't bad people, the boogeyman. Just give them a chance. Best to pull back together as a unified fanbase.
    Where are you getting your information from regarding sensing two camps? Naturally, anytime New players are brought into a program they have to learn the old players. I wouldn't call that 2 camps. I don't see NMP having an issue maintaining control of the locker room... her biggest challenge will be keeping everyone happy because she has ALOT of talent to work with, who does she start? Who gets the most minutes etc. She brought in alot of transfers who are used to playing alot of minutes but she has mentioned that she wants to play fast paced and that requires having alot of bodies

vCash

I pulled hard for Coach Johnnie Harris to get the job, but have supported this current coach ever since she was announced....and still support. The bashers have their right to criticize, but why not instead show much more support for your women's basketball coach and the program? Also, the women's basketball program showed much public support. for the baseball team during their national championship run and afterwards...and appeared very excited, proud.These aren't bad people, the boogeyman. Just give them a chance. Best to pull back together as a unified fanbase.
    I?ve seen no evidence of two different camps forming in the current locker room. From the interviews and videos to date it appears everyone is going in the same direction and getting along great. What are you referencing?

vCash
    For you guys blaming old folks wanting Nikki gone swung and missed, it’s most seeing how she couldn’t manage her team. Quit blaming certain groups and making excuses for her, I may not like her politics but I ain’t blaming that on her lack of being a Head Coach!

I’m hoping she wins big, not sure I’m as interested in the women’s basketball program as before. Same with Joe when he was our HC, not as hyped about Leach as most either but at least he ain’t gonna let the misfits ruin his team.

One can either coach or they can’t. Now I will watch from afar and see if she can reel many back on board.

HailState!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Where are you getting your information from regarding sensing two camps? Naturally, anytime New players are brought into a program they have to learn the old players. I wouldn't call that 2 camps. I don't see NMP having an issue maintaining control of the locker room... her biggest challenge will be keeping everyone happy because she has ALOT of talent to work with, who does she start? Who gets the most minutes etc. She brought in alot of transfers who are used to playing alot of minutes but she has mentioned that she wants to play fast paced and that requires having alot of bodies
    Not saying she has/she'll have trouble maintaining control of the locker room, just to keep an eye on things, catch the early makings of issues...nip them. Rickea, Myah, Jessika, some others are still in the process of feeling these newcomers out, and are currently much more comfortable playing, and dealing with familiarity at this early point. This what Im seeing, what Im hearing. Though, indicated in a recent video release...looking forward to getting more comfortable with the newcomers over the summer.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 07-10-2021 at 04:25 PM.

vCash
    Not saying she has/she'll have trouble maintaining control of the locker room, just to keep an eye on things, catch the early makings of issues...nip them. Rickea, Myah, Jessika, some others are still in the process of feeling these newcomers out, and are currently much more comfortable playing, and dealing with familiarity at this early point. This what Im seeing, what Im hearing. Though, indicated in a recent video release...looking forward to getting more comfortable with the newcomers over the summer.
    I saw the same hailstate clips your talking about on Twitter, they were just answering questions that were asked. I wouldn't call it an issue, that's normal when bringing in new players

https://twitter.com/HailStateWBK/sta...582866435?s=20

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindog View Post
    I?ve seen no evidence of two different camps forming in the current locker room. From the interviews and videos to date it appears everyone is going in the same direction and getting along great. What are you referencing?

What you see and hear, and what I see and hear can often be different things, if not totally different...that's fine. Still, nothing abnormal about having 2 or more camps (cliques?) at these early stages of workouts and practice. Also, young people often run in small groups (cliques?). Them coming together in sports settings can often be a gradual process. Just want to make new friends, positive relations, and ultimately build these groups into a cohesive team unit basketball wise
    Last edited by jdelta02; 07-10-2021 at 05:29 PM.

vCash
    For you guys blaming old folks wanting Nikki gone swung and missed, it’s most seeing how she couldn’t manage her team. Quit blaming certain groups and making excuses for her, I may not like her politics but I ain’t blaming that on her lack of being a Head Coach!

I’m hoping she wins big, not sure I’m as interested in the women’s basketball program as before. Same with Joe when he was our HC, not as hyped about Leach as most either but at least he ain’t gonna let the misfits ruin his team.

One can either coach or they can’t. Now I will watch from afar and see if she can reel many back on board.

HailState!
    Whether you like it or not, the older fan base is the main fanbase (some younger also) who have verbally stated they are done supporting Women's basketball... again most of this started after her speech she was asked to give about the flag. Im not just making this up, you can do the research yourself. Even on this board..... But that same fanbase is taking up for Leach and his views when it shouldn't be that way. Support every program if you are a true fan of MSU! Even when we are down! Even if you don't agree with the HC political views.. Im not the biggest Leach fan and I'm not sold on the Air raid in the SEC just yet, but I'll support him, our team and cheer for them like I have every other program

vCash
    What you see and hear, and what I see and hear can often be different things, if not totally different...that's fine. Still, nothing abnormal about having 2 or more camps (cliques?) at these early stages of workouts and practice. Also, young people often run in small groups (cliques?). Them coming together in sports settings can often be a gradual process. Just want to make new friends, positive relations, and ultimately build these groups into a cohesive team unit basketball wise
    That is what I asked. What have seen that you are referencing about a split? Please be specific.

vCash
    When you go from best to shitty as quick as this program did and you have players openly doing that kind of shit then you make yourselves an easy target and it's easy to exploit. Had we continued to win at the levels we were used too, the amount of complaining about that BS would have been negligible at best. I think we all understood there was going to be some transition but the overall lack of effort and discipline is what chaps my ass and that's a direct reflection on the coach. No IFS, ANDS or BUTS.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    When you go from best to shitty as quick as this program did and you have players openly doing that kind of shit then you make yourselves an easy target and it's easy to exploit. Had we continued to win at the levels we were used too, the amount of complaining about that BS would have been negligible at best. I think we all understood there was going to be some transition but the overall lack of effort and discipline is what chaps my ass and that's a direct reflection on the coach. No IFS, ANDS or BUTS.
    So there is no room for player adjustments to coaching? Coaches learning their players? Covid stopage? Meeting players initially through zoom? I can keep going.........but on the other end alot of people say "Give Leach time to get his players to run this Air raid"..Well hell give NMP the same respect, And I'm tired of everyone saying that team was top 10 she inherited because it wasn't, even if Vic was still there. He even admitted to the frustration he had with them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Coach absolutely destroyed a top five program in no time at all. The potential and hope that we are looking for in the program now is based on TRANSFERS. Transfers? We're talking transfers? The only thing she has proven in one year is that she is a program destroyer and can't recruit.
    Are you serious? EVERY school in the Nation is going to the portal pulling transfers! Hell Ben Howland just pulled Garrison Brooks, D.J Jeffries, Rocket Watts and Shakeel Moore out of the transfer portal. What are you even talking about, it is a great tool to get really good and fast!... NMP did Great in the portal, now you guys are finding ways to find fault in her recruiting. I would take a seasoned proven transfer over an unknown freshman.... just look at other programs, especially in basketball.

vCash
    Her players are lazy and don't play with effort. That's shitty coaching and a direct reflection of NMP. What more you need Slick?
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Her players are lazy and don't play with effort. That's shitty coaching and a direct reflection of NMP. What more you need Slick?
    Who the hell is slick?? She has a whole new team she brought in! You said "Her players are lazy"? Those were not Her players. She has her players in now.

vCash
    Salty you can't win a battle against these 2 racist knuckleheads. They have tried to bait us with their comments through this whole thread. They have tried to spin this with flag issues and BLM. A bad coach is a bad coach now if she can take us too the sweet sixteen this season we will support her but if she falls on her ass again this WBB program will be the walking dead.
    Last edited by 99jc; 07-10-2021 at 09:24 PM.