Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question: Will OUR NATTY

vCash

Question: Will OUR NATTY

Make any difference on football attendance this year?

I think yes, but am curious what others think

vCash
    I think attendance is going to be down just like it will be at other schools. The cost of attending and the availability of TV was putting the hurt on it before Covid and kind of did it in more. The only thing that will get it up is winning a lot of games and competing for SEC championships. Also I think the present situation in college football is horrible. Saban has made college football suck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Also I think the present situation in college football is horrible. Saban has made college football suck.
    This is a huge problem imo. I've quit watching. I haven't followed SEC football in 3 years - I check scores and nothing has changed. Same outcomes, same rankings, same, same, same. It's boring.

vCash
    I think no. I believe football attendance will continue to decline

vCash
    Saban is dealing the cards he is dealt. NCAA is the reason college football sucks. No parity has ruined it.

vCash
    Football attendance will be down nationally from 2 seasons ago pretty much across the college football board. As will ratings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty96 View Post
    This is a huge problem imo. I've quit watching. I haven't followed SEC football in 3 years - I check scores and nothing has changed. Same outcomes, same rankings, same, same, same. It's boring.
    Yep. I watch it but I also missed several games last year and didn?t really care. Same over dominant teams. No parity. What?s the point? And the NCAA will never fix it.

vCash
    The TV networks and money has something to do with the falling interest. Even if you listen to the talking heads on various sports talk radio, blogs, podcasts, TV, the all say the same things. They don?t want parity. They don?t want champions with 3 losses. They want the cream to always be made up of the blue bloods.

I can?t imagine what they would do in a 12 team playoff if a conference champ with 4 losses got on a roll and won a NC. Oh they would talk it up for a season but they would want the blue bloods back on top the next year. If a 12 team playoff all of a sudden has a couple of champions from the 10-12 slots, they will be clamoring for it to go back to 4 teams in a hurry.

vCash
    Nah. When it comes down to it, winning is the only thing that boosts attendance. Unless you are consistently winning, most people would rather save their time and money.

vCash
    Also....gorilla in room...soaring ticket prices for shitty seats are more of a problem than most people realize.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Also....gorilla in room...soaring ticket prices for shitty seats are more of a problem than most people realize.
    Are tickets higher this year than in 2019? I think mine are the same

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    Nah. When it comes down to it, winning is the only thing that boosts attendance. Unless you are consistently winning, most people would rather save their time and money.
    Not winning necessarily, but the thought that winning was even possible.

Also, the outright buying of players now is a turnoff.
    Also, the wokeness culture.
    Also, the cost of attending.

College sports as currently constructed is on a downhill trend for many reasons. Glad we got our Natty but I think that may be the closing door on the college sports as a major cultural factor era. And probably for the best.

vCash
    Wokeness culture?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Wokeness culture?
    It is something that boomers like to complain about, because they are boomers and hate the world they have left the next generation.
    Manufacturing shutting down across the country - boomers fault
    People tired of being treated any less than any other citizen - boomers fault
    Cost of Attending - Boomers fault
    Participation trophies - Boomers fault
    Next generation with an glass ceiling earning potential over them... Boomers that will not retire's fault
    Boomers didn't save for retirement - Boomers fault

People have the nerve to speak out against these things... Boomer like, shut your mouth. I refuse to participate anymore and I will stay home cause some women's basketball coach said some stuff that made me uncomfortable. Boomer.

That wasn't aimed at you Rex. Just boomers.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Well they were worth it, when we were winning and actively competing in games we did lose. Now, the couch is more comfortable and my beer is close.
    Either way, I re-upped my tickets and look forward to the day I can return to the stadium to cheer on the best group of students that fight for my school's pride.
    The co-eds and those skirts/rompers they wear.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I really feel Ike like more people will want to be at Davis wade just due to the high we are on right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Wokeness culture?
    Don't act stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    It is something that boomers like to complain about, because they are boomers and hate the world they have left the next generation.
    Manufacturing shutting down across the country - boomers fault
    People tired of being treated any less than any other citizen - boomers fault
    Cost of Attending - Boomers fault
    Participation trophies - Boomers fault
    Next generation with an glass ceiling earning potential over them... Boomers that will not retire's fault
    Boomers didn't save for retirement - Boomers fault

People have the nerve to speak out against these things... Boomer like, shut your mouth. I refuse to participate anymore and I will stay home cause some women's basketball coach said some stuff that made me uncomfortable. Boomer.

That wasn't aimed at you Rex. Just boomers.
    OK, you asked for it!

If your comments were NOT tung in cheek, then to be blunt (like our moderator), you are full of shit! Excuse my french, but your post is not accurate at all. You see all those over 60 (all Boomers) as the problem, the instigators, the group that wants to change America. Well we are not, we are the exact opposite or at least the portion of Boomers that knows where our salvation comes from - you know, the ones you have problem with. We are trying to keep America centered on it founding principles and what our predecessors died for in multiple wars. We simply do not support organizations or people that do not reflect traditional values and especially those that flagrantly oppose traditional values.

Here is what is wrong with America today!

The Supreme Court expelled God from the public schools in 1962 and 1963, when they ruled that prayer and Bible reading in school had become unconstitutional. Today the moral precepts of the Ten Commandments can no longer hang on the walls of our children's public classrooms. Yet many people can't understand why the generation that reached adulthood in the '60s and '70s turned out so rootless and rebellious. This was a definitive turning point in our nation's history since our nation was founded on the belief of God and Jesus Christ. The laws of God in the Bible, and specifically the Ten Commandments, have been the bedrock of western civilization for 2,000 years. Judeo-Christian concepts of justice and legitimate authority shaped the English Common Law and later the American Declaration of Independence, with its recognition of inalienable rights bestowed upon men by their Creator. Our "values" are based on something ABSOLUTE and objective. This is necessary in order for our "values" to have any enduring strength and binding force. But these foundations have been abandoned in our day even at our highest level of government as this generation is now in a position of authority and influence. The results are that we are abandoning commitment and virtue, and degenerating into an openly hedonistic people with an egocentric philosophy of moral relativism.

This is what is wrong with America, not the "Boomers".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    OK, you asked for it!

If your comments were NOT tung in cheek, then to be blunt (like our moderator), you are full of shit! Excuse my french, but your post is not accurate at all. You see all those over 60 (all Boomers) as the problem, the instigators, the group that wants to change America. Well we are not, we are the exact opposite or at least the portion of Boomers that knows where our salvation comes from - you know, the ones you have problem with. We are trying to keep America centered on it founding principles and what our predecessors died for in multiple wars. We simply do not support organizations or people that do not reflect traditional values and especially those that flagrantly oppose traditional values.

Here is what is wrong with America today!

The Supreme Court expelled God from the public schools in 1962 and 1963, when they ruled that prayer and Bible reading in school had become unconstitutional. Today the moral precepts of the Ten Commandments can no longer hang on the walls of our children's public classrooms. Yet many people can't understand why the generation that reached adulthood in the '60s and '70s turned out so rootless and rebellious. This was a definitive turning point in our nation's history since our nation was founded on the belief of God and Jesus Christ. The laws of God in the Bible, and specifically the Ten Commandments, have been the bedrock of western civilization for 2,000 years. Judeo-Christian concepts of justice and legitimate authority shaped the English Common Law and later the American Declaration of Independence, with its recognition of inalienable rights bestowed upon men by their Creator. Our "values" are based on something ABSOLUTE and objective. This is necessary in order for our "values" to have any enduring strength and binding force. But these foundations have been abandoned in our day even at our highest level of government as this generation is now in a position of authority and influence. The results are that we are abandoning commitment and virtue, and degenerating into an openly hedonistic people with an egocentric philosophy of moral relativism.

This is what is wrong with America, not the "Boomers".
    Well done! I agree100%.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty96 View Post
    I pretty much only watch MSU games now. I used to watch every SEC game possible and any other big games. I barely care anymore about college football. We don't drive in for games like we used to either. We now pick out one game every month or so just to see our friends and tailgate.