Thread: TA Merchandise

vCash

TA Merchandise

TA cashing in! Great for him, with some great shirts offered.

https://www.tannerallen5.com

vCash
    Good for him. Love the idea.

and he is giving part of the proceeds back to the MSU foundation.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 07-07-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Bump for awesomeness

vCash
    Good for him however I wish he would take down the "Except Oxford " shirts. Do we really have to reference them anytime we accomplish something.

We have beaten them 16 of the last 19 and have played for more national titles in baseball in the last 8 years than they've been to the CWS. The records should speak for itself

As the saying goes, lions don't concern themselves with the opinion of sheep. They are not on our level and should be ignored.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    Good for him however I wish he would take down the "Except Oxford " shirts. Do we really have to reference them anytime we accomplish something.

We have beaten them 16 of the last 19 and have played for more national titles in baseball in the last 8 years than they've been to the CWS. The records should speak for itself

As the saying goes, lions don't concern themselves with the opinion of sheep. They are not on our level and should be ignored.
    I agree with you but... just laughed when I saw that on the shirt. Let little kids run around with them and have fun.
    Love the legends shirt. but I have enough shirts already. Did grab a maroon autographed card though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    I agree with you but... just laughed when I saw that on the shirt. Let little kids run around with them and have fun.
    Love the legends shirt. but I have enough shirts already. Did grab a maroon autographed card though.
    Someone commented on the Twitter post about it and mentioned he needed to offer the shirts in youth sizes.

Great idea, as he'll make a killing as some of the designs are awesome for a kid to wear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post

I've been saying this for a week. Let's enjoy our national championship and stop worrying about them. We're really feeding into the narrative that we're obsessed with them.

vCash
    We are obsessed with them, and they are obsessed with us. It's a rivalry, that's how it works. There's no use pretending it isn't. And you could argue that ignoring them actually makes it more likely they catch you; keep focusing on them and pummeling them. It eats them up.

Of course they'll claim we're obsessed and little brother, etc. etc. They'll always use anything they can to claim that. Who cares what they think or say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    We are obsessed with them, and they are obsessed with us. It's a rivalry, that's how it works. There's no use pretending it isn't. And you could argue that ignoring them actually makes it more likely they catch you; keep focusing on them and pummeling them. It eats them up.

Of course they'll claim we're obsessed and little brother, etc. etc. They'll always use anything they can to claim that. Who cares what they think or say.
    That's true. But IMO we've went overboard with it the last week. We've left them in the dust in the last 9 years so let's leave them exactly there. We won a national championship while they have to celebrate keeping a coach that half their fan base wants gone. That should be enough.

vCash
    I love it because it bothers them so much. Any time an Ole Miss fan types "RENT FREEEEEEEE!!!!!" they die a little inside.

vCash
    THIS is how programs are going to allow kids to make money. Team them up with merch designers, give them rights to us school logos, and sell that shit.
    If Virgil can make a living off of $20 signed polaroids 30 years after he and Ted Dibase were relevant, then just about every D1 athlete will be able to too.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    THIS is how programs are going to allow kids to make money. Team them up with merch designers, give them rights to us school logos, and sell that shit.
    If Virgil can make a living off of $20 signed polaroids 30 years after he and Ted Dibase were relevant, then just about every D1 athlete will be able to too.
    If you look at the stuff TA put out, anything MSU has been scrubbed (example - the front uniform on the trading card) - so I'm not sure if he was given any rights from MSU. I think he could have done this prior to the NIL, as we all know he's leaving and the school nor NCAA could stop him from doing it.

I don't know how quickly any school will give athletes rights to use their logos, as brands are hard and expensive to build. If you give the rights to the wrong person, you give up a certain amount of control. I do think it would be a great idea for them to help the student athletes market and brand themselves, as there is definitely a market.

I hold out hope that when the dust settles with the NIL, college athletes still sign for kids. I would hope that they wouldn't instead point them to their site and tell them to go buy one. You still see the pros signing, but how much of that is because of franchise expectations or the $20 for an auto doesn't come close to the millions they make from their contract?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Can't use school logos. Can't have anything to do with the school.

Banned
    vCash
    Just saw on google where he's cashing in on autographs with a high percentage going to STATE. Dogs win again.