Thread: CadaverDawg, KOdawg1 & the Rebels

vCash

CadaverDawg, KOdawg1 & the Rebels

CadaverDawg made a great post about OM being broken. Then KOdawg1 made a great post regarding the five best MSU sports moments.

Lets's compare KOdawg1's "Top 5 MSU Sports Moments" with the "Top 5 OM Sports Moments".

Note all moments are post integration.

Top 5 OM sports moments.
    1. 2003 Football: Tied for SEC-W title (but still didn't make it to SEC Title game)
    2. 2014 Baseball: Made it to Omaha and went 2-2 best CWS finish.
    3. 2001: Men's basketball Sweet 16
    4. 2008 Football: Beat #4 Florida and Tim Tebow who eventually won the Natty
    5. tie 2015 Football: Beat Ok State in Sugar Bowl
    5. tie 2021 National title in women's golf.

The Top 5 moments for each school doesn't fare well for the Rebels. MSU's Top 5 list is far more impressive.

Feel free to add your Top 5 for the Rebels.
    The Plantation has never won an SEC regular season Championship in ANY men's sport with an integrated team. That defines irrelevance.

vCash
    They would say their Bama wins in football.

vCash

vCash
    Ole Miss fans may list the back to back Bama wins by Freeze but the rest would all be pre-integration football related. And they think this makes them better than us.

vCash
    1. Beating Bama at Oxford
    2. Beating Bama at T- town
    3. The Sugar Bowl won
    4. The recruiting class of Nkedmiche
    5. The recruiting class of Patterson

This isn’t trying to be funny, this is accurate
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 07-06-2021 at 10:04 AM.

vCash
    Their top 5 recruiting class a few years ago is definitely a part of their top 5, and that in and of itself, tells you all you need to know about that athletic program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    1. Beating Bama at Oxford[*]
    2. Beating Bama at T- town[*]
    3. The Sugar Bowl won[*]
    4. The recruiting class of Nkedmiche[*]
    5. The recruiting class of Patterson[*]
    I am sorry but I changed it up a little because all five got them on probation for cheating to do all five. Just saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Ole Miss fans may list the back to back Bama wins by Freeze but the rest would all be pre-integration football related. And they think this makes them better than us.
    Even Croom had back to back wins against Bama ... just remind them of that
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Even Croom had back to back wins against Bama ... just remind them of that
    I realize beating Bama is always a feather in anyone's cap - but we should also remind them that since the SEC went to Divisions in '92 (which forced OM to actually play Bama every year instead of dodging them) they are 4-24 while we are 6-22.
    When they talk about how awesome they are, remind them that for 80 years, they dodged Bama while we lined up and faced them every year since 1939.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Maroon-colored glasses notwithstanding, Sugar Bowl doesn't count in my opinion since there's no good reason they didn't have to vacate it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Their top 5 recruiting class a few years ago is definitely a part of their top 5, and that in and of itself, tells you all you need to know about that athletic program.
    I'll admit that class had me melting hard. If they had gotten Chris Jones, I might have moved into isolation on ship island or somewhere

ETA... you can probably rank their best moments by how hard it hit you (me, us)

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'll admit that class had me melting hard. If they had gotten Chris Jones, I might have moved into isolation on ship island or somewhere

ETA... you can probably rank their best moments by how hard it hit you (me, us)
    On that Chris Jones recruitment, let?s hope this board is around after his pro career is over. Waiting until then to break it all down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    On that Chris Jones recruitment, let?s hope this board is around after his pro career is over. Waiting until then to break it all down.
    You could just make it an anonymous story about a hypothetical kid named Cristobal James and the recruiting battle between Big State and Magnolia University

vCash
    The Bama victories should not count on any actual record. Either one of them. Most of their starters in those games shouldn't have been eligible, plain and simple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    1. Beating Bama at Oxford
    2. Beating Bama at T- town
    3. The Sugar Bowl won
    4. The recruiting class of Nkedmiche
    5. The recruiting class of Patterson

This isn’t trying to be funny, this is accurate
    So basically every one of their best moments involves cheating in one way shape or form directly or indirectly?

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    You could just make it an anonymous story about a hypothetical kid named Cristobal James and the recruiting battle between Big State and Magnolia University
    Too many people involved and the Bucky and Merlin nicknames would give it away.

Banned
    vCash
    I remember lots of WTF ESPN moments. On Ole miss crootin class. Draft Night. AJ talking bag of cash. Probation. They suck at what they do best.