Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which team was the best that we faced?

vCash

Which team was the best that we faced?

either in the regionals or at the CWS? I have a tough time deciding between ND and Texas. I think that other than the 2 dominant pitchers Vandy wasn't all that and the 2 & 3 games in the championship series revealed some character issues with that team, Right fielder, etc.
    Your thoughts?

vCash
    Texas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Texas
    This

vCash
    Doesn't matter much now !!

vCash
    Texas. Easily.

vCash
    Overall Texas but notre dame was the best hitting team by far.

If notre dame would've had better arms they would've been very very tough

vCash
    Texas. Beat them by only 1 run both times in CWS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post

Totally agree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post

Tell you what...if Campbell had solid pitching they would have been hell on wheels. They could flat out rake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Tell you what...if Campbell had solid pitching they would have been hell on wheels. They could flat out rake.
    Yeah our regional was stacked with some teams that could hit just lacked pitching depth

vCash
    Texas was easily the 2nd best team in the CWS this year. Had we not beat them, they would have won it all. And it doesn't matter that NC State had to forfeit. Vandy would have still beaten them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Texas was easily the 2nd best team in the CWS this year. Had we not beat them, they would have won it all. And it doesn't matter that NC State had to forfeit. Vandy would have still beaten them.
    Vandy was an extremely mediocre ball club outside Leiter and Rocker. You take those two out and they struggle to be a two seed in a regional.

vCash
    Yes, Texas. NC State might have given them a run for their money, but they didn't get to finish.

vCash
    I was impressed with Notre Dame. They were disciplined batting and in the field but the Dude effect got to them. If we had played them on a neutral field, it would have been trouble

vCash
    Vandy was an extremely mediocre ball club outside Leiter and Rocker.
    Smoke and mirrors, heavy on the smoke, lol.

Toughest teams we faced:

1. Texas
    2. ND
    3. VA
    4. Vandy

Saying that, I know I was one who was pulling for Vandy to get bounced prior to the finals, and I definitely wanted to avoid them...but I'm very glad it didn't happen. Not because they proved to be supremely mediocre, but because in the future no one will remember that part. What they'll remember is us sending the defending national champs, Vandy...with all the advantages in the world, including Leiter, Rocker, and the suck fest that ensued all season long in every game they played...home with a brand new asshole; lucky for them, they have a whole year to enjoy it's "new car smell".

vCash
    Notre Dame is no worse than a final four team if they had gotten past us. Vandy might have gone two and ‘cue if they were on our side of the bracket.

I tend to agree that Texas was the best team we saw in the postseason. Their pitching was very very elite, and we could not have played three closer games than we played against them. Two one run one games to bookend things and the middle game was tied going into the 9th.

vCash
    Vandy was an extremely mediocre ball club outside Leiter and Rocker. You take those two out and they struggle to be a two seed in a regional.
    I said the same thing at start of the CWS and Shotgun replied, "If you call the 97 mph FR they're pitching today pedestrian, then yeah. Oh, and because of minority scholarships, both he and Rocker are walk-ons essentially."
    We made the 97 mph FR look like a punk. So yeah, aside from Leiter and Rocker, they are mediocre.

vCash
    Notre Dame

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    I said the same thing at start of the CWS and Shotgun replied, "If you call the 97 mph FR they're pitching today pedestrian, then yeah. Oh, and because of minority scholarships, both he and Rocker are walk-ons essentially."
    We made the 97 mph FR look like a punk. So yeah, aside from Leiter and Rocker, they are mediocre.
    We made rocker look like a punk.

ND could swing it better than anyone we played. Texas just had better arms so I’d say Texas was the all around better team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Smoke and mirrors, heavy on the smoke, lol.

Toughest teams we faced:

1. Texas
    2. ND
    3. VA
    4. Vandy

Saying that, I know I was one who was pulling for Vandy to get bounced prior to the finals, and I definitely wanted to avoid them...but I'm very glad it didn't happen. Not because they proved to be supremely mediocre, but because in the future no one will remember that part. What they'll remember is us sending the defending national champs, Vandy...with all the advantages in the world, including Leiter, Rocker, and the suck fest that ensued all season long in every game they played...home with a brand new asshole; lucky for them, they have a whole year to enjoy it's "new car smell".
    Great post!

After we lost game one I really thought we had a good chance to beat them as long as we didn't walk anyone and played good defense. And in the words of Mark Keenum AND WE DID IT!