Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    bitch hasn't posted about the new dandy dozen signee Debreasha Powe in WBB
    Well Now!!!

vCash
    Too much baseball talk

vCash
    Maybe be because nobody really gives a damn now. She literally sucked the life outta this program.....
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Notice he didn't come here and tell us ole miss beat us on a player from in state.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Maybe be because nobody really gives a damn now. She literally sucked the life outta this program.....
    This. Perfect storm. She destroyed the program in one year then Lemonis won a National championship in baseball. Nobody gives a crap about women's basketball anymore unfortunately. I would love to win in that sport too but oh well.

vCash
    It's really sad what happened so quickly. Vic built a program and had the entire fan base behind him and they gave us so much fun and excitement. Then in less than a
    year we watched a team that played like they would rather be doing something else and a coach who looked like she would rather be doing something else during our games. We didn't play hard and we didn't coach hard and it was hard to watch. Really hope it changes but the lack of effort showed last year leaves me very doubtful of that.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Yeah. It really didn't worry me. I just stopped watching after a couple games. Seemed like we entered 2010 again.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Taking a knee up 50 on a directional school > WBB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    This. Perfect storm. She destroyed the program in one year then Lemonis won a National championship in baseball. Nobody gives a crap about women's basketball anymore unfortunately. I would love to win in that sport too but oh well.
    And on top of this, the men's team has brought in some blue chip transfers that will create all the buzz going into the season. Sad to say it, but the women's team is close to falling all the way back to pre-Vic era interest level.

vCash
    That program had its moment in the sun, afraid that time has passed now. It was never going to take much for our fans to move onto something else, Nikki made that decision very easy for many people last year.

It will be almost impossible for her to ever get the fans all the way back now. Some of the diehards will stick with her, but the vast majority of the casual fans are done spending time and money on women?s basketball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    That program had its moment in the sun, afraid that time has passed now. It was never going to take much for our fans to move onto something else, Nikki made that decision very easy for many people last year.

It will be almost impossible for her to ever get the fans all the way back now. Some of the diehards will stick with her, but the vast majority of the casual fans are done spending time and money on women's basketball.
    This post sums it up completely. The sad thing that those of us that supported this team so completely are done. Yet we will be called raciest because she is black not due to the fact she is a shitty head coach. Just like Moorhead was over his head and we got rid of him in an expedited manner this season should be her last unless we see a miracle. We have had good head coaches here Vic and ******* and JUST because they moved on doesn't mean we have to settle for shit.

HAIL STATE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    This post sums it up completely. The sad thing that those of us that supported this team so completely are done. Yet we will be called raciest because she is black not due to the fact she is a shitty head coach. Just like Moorhead was over his head and we got rid of him in an expedited manner this season should be her last unless we see a miracle. We have had good head coaches here Vic and ******* and JUST because they moved on doesn't mean we have to settle for shit.

HAIL STATE!
    I don't know why.. but I'm giving her this year to show progress. they have recruited very well this spring..and will have a ton of talent.. her team.
    So no excuses.
    But even if she fails. we won't fire her till after year 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    I don't know why.. but I'm giving her this year to show progress. they have recruited very well this spring..and will have a ton of talent.. her team.
    So no excuses.

I don't want her to fail because that means state fails....I just lost total confidence in her coaching ability. I have the same feeling with her i did with Moorhead right after the Kentucky disaster.

vCash
    So no excuses.
    I agree. Her resume was great but last season was a disaster. However I also agree she has done an outstanding job of recruiting the spring. I?m further very impressed that she was willing to change coaches. I am very high on the coach she got from Arizona. Let?s hope she can turn this around. Based on her previous records this is when we should see a giant step forward. Again, I am skeptical but hopeful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindog View Post
    I agree. Her resume was great but last season was a disaster. However I also agree she has done an outstanding job of recruiting the spring. I?m further very impressed that she was willing to change coaches. I am very high on the coach she got from Arizona. Let?s hope she can turn this around. Based on her previous records this is when we should see a giant step forward. Again, I am skeptical but hopeful.
    Agree. I think she needs to get to the Sweet 16 at least for me to feel good about the direction of the program.
    I'm very concerned about what Auburn is going to be able to do now.

vCash
    Agree. I think she needs to get to the Sweet 16 at least for me to feel good about the direction of the program.
    I?m not concerned about Auburn. There is a reason Johnnie Harris has been an assistant all these years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjax View Post
    And on top of this, the men's team has brought in some blue chip transfers that will create all the buzz going into the season. Sad to say it, but the women's team is close to falling all the way back to pre-Vic era interest level.
    Dude we are at pre Sharon Fanning level already. I hope we move up the pre Vic era.

vCash
    Must be a huge bounceback year. I agree sweet 16 or time to start looking for next coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindog View Post
    I agree with this post. She got a pass from me last year, she brought in a really good class, so she deserves at least this year to prove herself, but I will continue to support her, the team and all of our programs as any true fan would.

I just don't understand the "fans" who say they are done with Women's basketball just because you don't like the coach. I've supported many teams that I wasn't too high on the coach. Thats what you do as fans