Thread: Your single biggest play of this CWS Natty run?

vCash

Your single biggest play of this CWS Natty run?

Mine is the Kellum Clark two run homer against Virginia to break up the no no and totally change the momentum of the game.

vCash
    Skinner stealing 2nd.

vCash
    There was just too many huge moments.

The 2 you guys mentioned
    Bednar's game 1 performance to get a big W & save arms
    TA's HR to give us the lead vs Virginia
    Scotty Debrule's great AB's & the hit to extend the lead vs Virginia and win by 1
    Preston Johnson in game 2 vs Vandy
    Bednar again
    Sims multiple times shortening games
    The entire team grinding ab's and wearing pitchers out. Had to be miserable trying to get us out all week.

vCash
    Landon Jordan quitting the team. Whatever his reasons were for leaving, it allowed the infield to work through their opportunities and all come up clutch in the postseason.

vCash
    The pop up to shallow left where nobody could find it until Forsyth finally found it and was able to get under it. I was scared if it dropped then they'd follow up with a big hit like when rowdy lost that fly ball.

vCash
    In all seriousness, I would have to say everything Lane did at short, how many rockets did he field? I am telling you, this kid is going to be special, once his bat comes around and it will he will be top 3 easy SS we ever had.

vCash
    The tanner Allen 3 run bomb was pretty clutch, hard to pinpoint just one play. Bednar saving arms is another, PJ game 2, the list just keeps going.

vCash
    Tanner Allen's 3-run HR against UVA. I think we'll look back on that as the single biggest play in the history of MSU sports. It was unreal and is the only massive play that didn't ultimately lead to heartbreak somewhere.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Kam over the rail. Scotty/Hancock play in the championship series. Skinner running down the line shot to lc. Logan tanner throwing the Texas guy out stealing.

vCash
    For me it was a combination of Leggett's walk off and the stolen base just prior off to get the finals
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 07-05-2021 at 10:46 AM.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    My favorite play was Kellum's HR against Vandy. That was the "it's over" moment.

vCash
    The double play in the first inning of game 3 that got us out of the inning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    My favorite play was Kellum's HR against Vandy. That was the "it's over" moment.
    Yeah, even us negative MSU fans knew it was Championship Time when Clark hit that nuke

Banned
    vCash
    Our pitcher waiving by by. to The Vandy HR and the Vandy's s.s. equipment failure.

vCash
    The TA homer against Virginia was most orobably THE play. But there were so so many other big moments and even more clutch less flashy moments that lead to the big stuff.

Go back and re watch the dubrule AB to lead off the 8th against Virginia that set the stage for Clark’s homer. He was down 0-2 and battled and battled to work a walk. That and the numerous Hancock two out ABs really exemplified this teams approach.

Rowdey leading off game 3 with a knock.
    Clark’s homer to basically end it.
    James going over the rail.
    The numerous plays by the infield that were all huge. As we saw, any mistake on what should be an out can lead to big innings.

But I’m going all the way back to the regional finals. With 2 outs and the tie run in 3rd they hit a missile to forsythe, the only ball hit to him all game, and he nuts up despite struggling at the plate and ends the regional.

vCash
    Too many to count. A few of my favorites:

- The Dubrule AB to put us up 2 against UVA
    - The back to back K?s by Hootie in the 4th in G2
    - The DP to get out of the 1st in G3
    - The Rowdey double down the line with 2 outs in G3

vCash
    Dubrule’s AB against VA was so huge. Allen HR the biggest tho.

vCash
    It is just impossible to pick one. Or even two or three. All the ones listed here were really big. Take away any of them and we are sitting here talking about nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    The double play in the first inning of game 3 that got us out of the inning
    Big time play and the one I was thinking of.