Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rank These Top 5 MSU Moments

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    I agree with C34 on this one. In the gist of the sports world WBB is a speck of dust. I was glad we won, but didn't move the needle much at all.
    Heck 1992...

Alabama (#2) vs Mississippi State in Scott Field was the most rocking game I ever experienced in my life. We lost and it is still many Log Scales greater than WBB

When Barker fumbled (the refs blew the call) ... I thought Scott Field would collapse. That moment was pure joy. Watch it on YouTube

https://youtu.be/aZARKLB68-0
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 07-04-2021 at 06:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    I agree with C34 on this one. In the gist of the sports world WBB is a speck of dust. I was glad we won, but didn't move the needle much at all.
    A lot more people saw us beat UCONN than saw us beat Vandy. This years Mens CWS Championship viewership according to Sports Media Watch
    Game 1 400K
    Game 2 1.4M
    Game 3 1.67M
    Our upset of UConn drew almost 2.8M viewers. The Women?s CWS average 1.2M per game for all games while the Mens CWS average 755K viewers per game for all games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    A lot more people saw us beat UCONN than saw us beat Vandy. This years Men?s CWS Championship viewership according to Sports Media Watch
    Game 1 400K
    Game 2 1.4M
    Game 3 1.67M
    Our upset of UConn drew almost 2.8M viewers?The Women?s CWS average 1.2M per game for all games while the Men?s CWS average 755K viewers per game for all games.
    If you care about who watched then yeah, but even Renfroe's HR and victory over Oregon State in 2013 ranks higher to fans that always watch. No diss to the WBB fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Happy 4th everyone. Got to thinking about the top moments in our school's history. I know there are others that deserve to be on the list, but I was curious how everyone would rank these 5. Have at it.

-2021 Baseball wins the National Championship

-2014 Football beats Auburn to jump to #1 in the country

-2017 WBB upsets #1 UCONN and ends the streak

-1998 Football wins the SEC West and plays for the SEC Championship

-1996 Men's Basketball plays in the Final 4
    Natty
    Final 4
    SEC West
    Win over UCONN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Get out
    and yours?
    Last edited by MoreCowbell; 07-04-2021 at 07:39 PM.

vCash
    Im sorry but going 7-5 and backing into 1st in west division and losing in SEC championship game just doesnt do it for me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    See I'm not so sure on this. A lot of folks have this view and I can see why. But if you watched the national attention this got when it happened, nationally it was a massive event.

I think a lot of this fan base would feel different if Vic was still here and the WBB team was still near the top of the sport. But every year on the anniversary of that game it gets a ton of social media play from a lot of nationally prominent people.

It was one of the most influential and meaningful moments in the history of women's basketball, which is why it's #2 more me.
    After we won that WBB game none of my State friends or any other called to discuss it or congratulate. I was in Starkville when we got to the Final 4 in 96. It was a madhouse. Grown men crying. I was young for 6-3, but I saw grown men cry. Same when we beat Auburn in 2014 to get to number 1. I saw no grown men cry when we beat UConn. Not many even mentioned it at my place of employment. Nice win, but again it's Women's Basketball. I'm not spending 200 dollars on National Championship merchandise if we'd won the title. It's nice to win but not a needle mover. It's just not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Heck 1992...

Alabama (#2) vs Mississippi State in Scott Field was the most rocking game I ever experienced in my life. We lost and it is still many Log Scales greater than WBB

When Barker fumbled (the refs blew the call) ... I thought Scott Field would collapse. That moment was pure joy. Watch it on YouTube

https://youtu.be/aZARKLB68-0
    I was there. If we had sleepy we would've won. That Bama def was a great one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    and yours?
    I was kidding, but not having this title #1 deserves getting the boot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    -2021 Baseball wins the National Championship

-2014 Football beats Auburn to jump to #1 in the country

-2017 WBB upsets #1 UCONN and ends the streak

-1998 Football wins the SEC West and plays for the SEC Championship

-1996 Men's Basketball plays in the Final 4
    This is my rank as well. Spot on, KO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I was kidding, but not having this title #1 deserves getting the boot.
    Best accomplishment for sure but for some reason, I guess because it was an ass whooping and the game was over in 3rd inning it took some of the craziness out of it. 2014 Auburn I was nervous the whole game so the payoff was huge. Our baseball title was a long drawn out win over 3 hours

vCash
    [QUOTE=parabrave;1348556]

This is my order too.

vCash
    As you left out some of the biggest I'll do my own.
    1980 6-3 over Bama football
    1935 MSU over Army Football
    2014 MSU over Auburn Football
    1996 Final Four Men's Basketball
    2021 CWS title

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    2021 CWS title
    !941 ring a bell and don't forget that famous 1926 cow incident!

vCash
    In this discussion is confusion about biggest moment vs biggest achievement. 1998 SECW was a big achievement but there wasn't a big moment. I guess beating OM in oxford was good but not top 5 moment. To measure the moment, think about how many non MSU people acknowledged what happened? NC, Uconn,1980, and 2014 ring the bell on big moments.

2021 NC no brainer #1 moment and achievement.

1980 Bama was a top 5 moment no doubt, achievement not as much maybe

WBB win over Uconn was another top 5 moment right there with 1980. These are probably the top 3.

Beating Auburn in 2014, college gameday, and going to #1 was certainly a top 5 moment in MSU history.

MBB Final 4 was a big moment and achievement.

All great memories that we can all debate. Great to have so many to discuss.

vCash
    I do not know how they tracked how many folks watched CWS games but I would wager there were a lot more than 400,000 for game one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    2021 CWS title
    "I know there are others that deserve to be on the list"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Im sorry but going 7-5 and backing into 1st in west division and losing in SEC championship game just doesnt do it for me
    1st of all- we went 8-3. Secondly- being there watching State come out of the tunnel for the game was the greatest moment of my life as a Bulldog. That feeling was unbelievable. Nothing has compared to it since.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    1st of all- we went 8-3. Secondly- being there watching State come out of the tunnel for the game was the greatest moment of my life as a Bulldog. That feeling was unbelievable. Nothing has compared to it since.
    It was so loud that my eyes vibrated. Refs screwed us again.. only time to Play in championship game so got to be in top 5.

vCash

Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 07-06-2021 at 12:35 AM.