Thread: National Champion Celebration Thoughts

vCash

National Champion Celebration Thoughts

I think the fact that we are National Champs really started to set in for me when we had the parade. Unbelievable! Now, while yes, it wasn't perfect I thought MSU did a really good job considering it was the first of it's kind.

Some points:

1. Bart Gregory was a great emcee for the event. Glad to see Jim Ellis be recognized too and I'm glad he got to see this after all these years.

2. I LOVED how fired up John Cohen was. I know how special this has to be because ever since he came back as our head coach he was on a mission to win it all. Even though he ultimately wasn't the coach that won it all he had a big role as AD in the NC happening.

3. I wish Ron Polk had been there or at the very least have left a video message. I'm sure he has to be proud though and it's good that he has mended fences and can be back to enjoy this era of Bulldog baseball that he was a big part of developing.

4. Great to see Will Clark give a speech. Would have liked to have heard from Palmeiro too.

5. I liked how fired up Mark Keenum was. Loved how he talked about how he talked about how he explained to Lemonis how important it was to win the Governor's Cup.

6. The politicians. Everything that has been said about Lynne Spruill has already been said. When she mentioned AJ Brown I was kind of like "huh?". Her whole thing was sort of bizarre and rambling. Tate Reeves was good.

7. Great to see Riley Self. I LOVED TA's speech. "I'd like to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Oh and go to Hell Ole Miss."

8. I hope we have the National Championship logo on the outfield fence next year for at least one year.

Starkville in and of itself wasn't ready though. I wish the Union had been open and they should have had bottled water ready and available at Dudy-Noble just because of the heat advisory. Because there were no concessions and the Union was closed EVERY restaurant was jam packed out the door. And they were understaffed because they just assumed it would be a typical summer day in Starkville. Lesson learned by them hopefully.

Overall- very special day and pretty well done.

vCash
    I wanted to go but no chance to leave Atlanta at 5 pm to get to Starkville in 30 minutes. Really dumb to not have something on Saturday instead of Friday. Of course they would have opened Davis Wade if they did that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I wanted to go but no chance to leave Atlanta at 5 pm to get to Starkville in 30 minutes. Really dumb to not have something on Saturday instead of Friday. Of course they would have opened Davis Wade if they did that.
    That dang having to work for a living thing got me too. All of my kids and my
    Lsu daughter in law went and had a blast! Wish it would've been today instead of a Friday afternoon too.

vCash
    Instead of the 1 national championship on the wall, I’d prefer they put 2021 National Champions. If/when we win another, maybe go with 2 National championships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Instead of the 1 national championship on the wall, I?d prefer they put 2021 National Champions. If/when we win another, maybe go with 2 National championships.
    Agree.

Whoever designed the national championship logo did an amazing job. Great natty logo with the stadium background. They nailed it

CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Instead of the 1 national championship on the wall, I?d prefer they put 2021 National Champions. If/when we win another, maybe go with 2 National championships.
    Agree 100%

vCash
    Instead of the 1 national championship on the wall, I’d prefer they put 2021 National Champions. If/when we win another, maybe go with 2 National championships.
    This.

Banned
    vCash
    Did yall see me at the parade? I was the 58 yr old dude runnin' naked thru the street ringing my cowbell sporting a Margaret Thatcher physique. Sorry for the cold shower.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Agree.

Whoever designed the national championship logo did an amazing job. Great natty logo with the stadium background. They nailed it

Yes they did, that is nice. Gotta give props to our media & graphics guys. They get it done.

vCash
    Kinda agree but we got confidence that number ain't gonna stay 1 for long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Kinda agree but we got confidence that number ain't gonna stay 1 for long.
    Hopefully about 361more days.