Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The reception has been unreal

vCash

The reception has been unreal

I?ve been in south Alabama for over 20 years. The congratulations, well wishes, attaboys, has been unbelievable.

Im so proud, so proud, to the point of damn near constant tears.

If ever there was a university, administration, alumni group, or fan base more deserving, I?ve yet to see it.

Here?s to all of YOU!

HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!

HAIL STATE!

vCash
    Happening up here in Mass, too. I have a State flag on our front porch, so people know our house's allegiance (A "house sigil", if you will). Today while I was working in the garden, a car stopped on our street and the guy yelled "Congrats to your baseball team!", gave me a thumbs up, and said "Hail State". It was pretty cool.

Banned
    vCash
    2 awesome stories, thank you both. Been keeping up with this program for about 45 years or so. What a damn good feeling and I'm still having to occassionaly pinch myself.

vCash
    There's already a billboard up here in Jones county congratulating the Msu National Champs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    There's already a billboard up here in Jones county congratulating the Msu National Champs!
    Now this is what I like to here!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Happening up here in Mass, too. I have a State flag on our front porch, so people know our house's allegiance (A "house sigil", if you will). Today while I was working in the garden, a car stopped on our street and the guy yelled "Congrats to your baseball team!", gave me a thumbs up, and said "Hail State". It was pretty cool.
    Same here in TX. All the Aggie fans followed us religiously because they wanted us to bounce Texas. Ended up falling in love with our team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Same here in TX. All the Aggie fans followed us religiously because they wanted us to bounce Texas. Ended up falling in love with our team.
    Good stuff. This was an easy team for folks to love. Just grinders and kids who showed joy in playing the game. They played hard and hustled and that's in short supply these days.

vCash
    Love reading these stories. Y?all keep them coming.

vCash
    When I check in every morning at MD Anderson, I'm greeted by a young man named James. He checks me in each morning. James has been pulling for us the entire CWS. Thursday morning when I walked in he was grinning from ear to ear and yelled Hail State as I walked through the doors!!! He gave me a fist bump and it was just another awesome feeling!!!

vCash
    My neighbor is a diehard Razorback - it really hurt him when they lost but he immediately text me and said he was a dawg to finish the season. Couldn't stand to see Tennessee, vandy, or Texas win it. He was at my house celebrating with me on Wednesday. Razorback fans know all to well what's it's like to be so close but not finish it.

vCash
    Live in Houston, I won a lunch bet with a UT coworker and he wanted the same bet going forward but we washed. He was cool about losing the first because Bednar had such a game. Also got congrats texts from A&M and LSU people mainly. I did get a couple of likes on FB from Hogs.
    Last edited by IMissJack; 07-03-2021 at 11:56 PM.

vCash
    Just flew into Hawaii today wearing a state hat. Had several folks tell me congrats on the natty.

vCash
    I went to the grocery store this afternoon in Meridian and ran into several MSU fans. Only one that I knew but everyone was all smiles and we talked to each other like we had been friends for life. I can't see this going away anytime soon.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg496 View Post
    Just flew into Hawaii today wearing a state hat. Had several folks tell me congrats on the natty.
    Damn, that's strong. Thanks but I wish we could trade and I was in Hawaii and you were in Fort Woth , Lol

vCash
    I actually live in the DFW area ha. Flew out earlier today.

vCash
    People say no one was watching.....wrong friends from all over the country were watching and pulling for us.

Now when we win win 4 out 6 they will probably hate us like Alabam football. I?ll take it though.

vCash
    Lots of people in the Lubbock area were pulling for State. I live in a small town outside of Lubbock and have been following Leach since he coached here. Ya'll have a great fan base and a great team.Loved every minute of games 2 and 3. Hail State!
    Last edited by Catfish; 07-05-2021 at 08:22 AM.

vCash
    I've got friends in Utah, Idaho, California, Washington, Nevada and Montana that have texted and messaged me with congrats. It really has been something to behold.

vCash
    There was a family of Razorbacks at the celebration last night, whole family had hog shirts on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chainedup_Dawg View Post
    There was a family of Razorbacks at the celebration last night, whole family had hog shirts on
    Only way they could see a national champion in baseball.