Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jess Davis transfers to MSU

vCash

Jess Davis transfers to MSU

Good get?

vCash
    Yes a good get. Great outfielder no errors, gold glove winner who can fly. Didn't have a great year at the plate this but did the previous year. Lot of stolen bases.

vCash
    He would be out starting CF and leadoff hitter if we started the season today. Very good get.

Banned
    vCash
    never understood how a senior regresses from his junior season.

vCash
    Who is Jess Davis?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Who is Jess Davis?
    Transfer from uab. Centerfielder great glove and can fly, very good addition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Who is Jess Davis?
    UAB CF. Dang good pick up. Will more than likely be our starting CF and hit at the top of the order… Like someone said above, he can flat out fly. He had 40 something stolen bases one year…

Banned
    vCash
    We'll give him some Willie Mays Hayes training if need be.

vCash
    Good get but I don't understand the thought that he will lead off or bat top of the order. He batted like .270 at UAB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Good get but I don't understand the thought that he will lead off or bat top of the order. He batted like .270 at UAB
    He had an off year this year because of some nagging injuries that he played through. Last year he hit .290 the year before 296. He's got some pop, good obp doesn't strike out much and stole 28 bases this year 6 last year in covid shortened season and 48 the year before

vCash
    Don't look at avg for a leadoff hitter. Their job isn't to get hits. It's to get on base.

This guy does that. He puts the ball in play and has good speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Don't look at avg for a leadoff hitter. Their job isn't to get hits. It's to get on base.

This guy does that. He puts the ball in play and has good speed.
    This! And He's tough as nails and a grinder too. He fits our culture to a tee. He could've skipped some games this year and got completely healthy but he played every single game. I like that mentality and toughness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    He had an off year this year because of some nagging injuries that he played through. Last year he hit .290 the year before 296. He's got some pop, good obp doesn't strike out much and stole 28 bases this year 6 last year in covid shortened season and 48 the year before
    And I understand that, but historically we have kids hitting much better than that as leadoff

vCash
    And I understand that, but historically we have kids hitting much better than that as leadoff
    And where has that gotten us? Oh wait....

vCash
    I'm not saying he's another rowdey, I'm saying he's a solid pickup and could very well be a great player for us. Lemonis wouldn't have picked him up if he was slug.

vCash
    Who else would lead off as of now?

vCash
    Put yet again we have amazing talent evaluators crapping on our players. Some need to shut the hell up. It?s ridiculous

vCash
    But not put. But you get my point. We have several who are always looking to bitch. Yep bitch. Grow a pair and shut up. A huge get and you look stupid complaining before he steps on the field. Funny thing is the same few will screen shot any compliment of said players. Lane Forsythe and others say hey. The complaints are a joke. The game is battle to be the best BELOW failure. Yep failure happens way more than success

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    But not put. But you get my point. We have several who are always looking to bitch. Yep bitch. Grow a pair and shut up. A huge get and you look stupid complaining before he steps on the field. Funny thing is the same few will screen shot any compliment of said players. Lane Forsythe and others say hey. The complaints are a joke. The game is battle to be the best BELOW failure. Yep failure happens way more than success
    No one Here is crapping on the guy. I said he was a good get. I actually watched him play for UAB some this year. I just hope we have someone batting 320+ leading off. Scotty Debrule is a good example. Great player but not a leadoff guy for us.
    Last edited by Cowbell; 07-03-2021 at 11:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I'm not saying he's another rowdey, I'm saying he's a solid pickup and could very well be a great player for us. Lemonis wouldn't have picked him up if he was slug.
    CC - go back to my original post that you responded too. I love the pickup personally. Polk was super high on this kid early in the season. I just "hope" he is not our best option for lead off.