Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracking the 2022 MSU Baseball Roster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Lane went 4 for 11 against great pitching in the cws finals
    Yep, as bad as Lane was at the beginning, he had a couple of good games towards the end. He needs to learn to bunt and continue to get better. He is fast enough to make a good bunt a weapon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Sims, Cade s, and fristoe is one heck of a rotation
    Why are people forgetting about McCloud? He's gonna redeem himself

vCash
    I imagine CMac is gone. He'll probably be picked anywhere between the 4-6th rounds and head on to pro ball.

vCash
    If he does it won't be because of Jess Davis. I've read all the hype and they are essentially one in the same. Matter o' fact, I spoke with someone very close to the UAB program and in the know and when I asked if he could hit SEC pitching the response was "it's gonna be a struggle".
    Last edited by Saltydog; 07-09-2021 at 11:51 AM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I imagine CMac is gone. He'll probably be picked anywhere between the 4-6th rounds and head on to pro ball.

From Rosebowls latest pre-draft thoughts..

The latest projections suggest that Bednar along with weekend rotation mate Christian MacLeod, third baseman Kamren James, SEC player of the year Tanner Allen and fireballer Eric Cerantola should not have to wait long to be selected by pro baseball teams.
    When and where they are selected will determine their baseball futures.

On the other side of things, Mississippi State's signing class may lose some members when the pro clubs pick teams. Southpaws Maddux Bruns and Andrew Walling along with Jordan McCants and James Wood are among the most likely to opt for pro baseball. There are some other signees who are expected to be selected, but those picks may not come soon enough to keep those future Diamond Dawgs from attending school.

Banned
    vCash
    Would like to see stats showing lineups and how much $ each turned down to stay in school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post

From Rosebowls latest pre-draft thoughts..

The latest projections suggest that Bednar along with weekend rotation mate Christian MacLeod, third baseman Kamren James, SEC player of the year Tanner Allen and fireballer Eric Cerantola should not have to wait long to be selected by pro baseball teams.
    When and where they are selected will determine their baseball futures.

On the other side of things, Mississippi State's signing class may lose some members when the pro clubs pick teams. Southpaws Maddux Bruns and Andrew Walling along with Jordan McCants and James Wood are among the most likely to opt for pro baseball. There are some other signees who are expected to be selected, but those picks may not come soon enough to keep those future Diamond Dawgs from attending school.
    Thanks guys - I didn't realize he was draft eligible

vCash
    Thanks guys - I didn't realize he was draft eligible
    Same.. I haven't keep up with that stuff. even more complicated with the covid-year.

vCash
    James is going to be the one to watch. If he goes 2nd round or early 3rd- he most likely wont return altho 1 more year of college is 100% what he needs
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Losing James would suck. If he could figure out the slider and show good defense, whether at 3B or in the outfield, he would be a 1st rounder in next year’s draft.

Banned
    vCash
    Not worried bout next year. We will continue to crush everyone in our path and use their intestines to grease the axles of our War Dog Machine. IT has arrived and the pride and emotions of being a Diamond Dog just got even better. I'm convinced that's gonna be a special advantage for us for a very long time. Hail STATE
    Last edited by OLJWales; 07-09-2021 at 06:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Losing James would suck. If he could figure out the slider and show good defense, whether at 3B or in the outfield, he would be a 1st rounder in next year’s draft.
    James would be a massive loss. He's going to be a stud next year at 3B.

vCash
    James is most likely coming back. He's in the Cape I believe and most guys that aren't planning on coming back don't go out there and play before the draft. He also didn't make MLB.com top 200 draft eligible players this year.

MacLeoud is gone.

Of the high school draft risks I'd advise all of them to go to school except for Woods assuming Bruns isn't drafted in the first round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    James is most likely coming back. He's in the Cape I believe and most guys that aren't planning on coming back don't go out there and play before the draft. He also didn't make MLB.com top 200 draft eligible players this year.

MacLeoud is gone.

Of the high school draft risks I'd advise all of them to go to school except for Woods assuming Bruns isn't drafted in the first round.
    The big thing we have to watch with these kids is who other teams draft alongside them. The big one I remember was Gray Fenter. Back in 2015 he fell to the 7th round and a lot of folks thought he might make it to campus. But the Orioles drafted some seniors in front of him, low balled them, and gave Gray a million dollar signing bonus in the 7th round. He took it and went.

I'm concerned about losing James for a similar reason. Team loves him and wants him. Drafts him and is willing to go above slot to get him because his potential is through the roof.

vCash
    It's best for both us and MacLeod if he moves on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah Lemonis adjusted everything from the pitching staff to the lineup til he got what he wanted. Love the fact he's not afraid to tinker early and play a lot of guys to find out what they can do and where they fit. He really does play the long game and sees things down the road instead of instant gratification. It's been amazing to watch him manage the roster and lineup.
    This is very true 👍

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    The big thing we have to watch with these kids is who other teams draft alongside them. The big one I remember was Gray Fenter. Back in 2015 he fell to the 7th round and a lot of folks thought he might make it to campus. But the Orioles drafted some seniors in front of him, low balled them, and gave Gray a million dollar signing bonus in the 7th round. He took it and went.

I'm concerned about losing James for a similar reason. Team loves him and wants him. Drafts him and is willing to go above slot to get him because his potential is through the roof.
    Have to keep recruiting like crazy to make the team robust to these possibilities - he's probably needing that additional year and his age is in his favor to stay one more year. He's a potential 1st rounder like Westburg if he comes back. I hope he does not short his own Stock value

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    It's best for both us and MacLeod if he moves on.
    Agreed. No chance McCloud comes back.

vCash
    aGain- that’s why I said to watch tomorrow where James is drafted. 2nd round- early 3rd....he is likely gone. 5th-6th round? He’ll likely return because he can get himself into the late 1st-early 2nd round next summer.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Will update as drafted. Must sign by 8/1