Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracking the 2022 MSU Baseball Roster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Mabye it's just me but I'm not that impressed with Jess Davis. Good glove, sure but we're going to need some sticks and if he's only hitting .258 against the competition he's been facing what's he gonna hit in the SEC. We've got a decent glove in Skinner but he can't hit. Why bring in the same thing?
    Kid deserves a 'shot!'

"In Lemonis I trust"
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    I'm worried about Preston Johnson and Stinnett.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I'm worried about Preston Johnson and Stinnett.
    We need both back.

vCash
    I thought Bednar was the No. 2 from the beginning but missed a couple weeks with a “stiff neck”. You guys are talking like he wasn’t a lock for the rotation, or am I misunderstanding?

vCash
    I'm thinking PJ may be gone. That last showing against Vandy may have moved his draft stock a bit.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Even without the newcomers, we'd be serviceable at worst.

Cade
    Fristoe
    Hootie
    MacLeod
    Sims
    Stinnett
    Johnson
    B Smith

Davis CF
    James 3B
    Hancock 1B
    Tanner C
    Clark DH
    Mule RF
    Leggett 2B
    Skinner/McGowan LF
    Forsythe SS

So we basically need to make sure guys like Hancock, Preston, and Stinnett return, and then if we have newcomers that can immediately provide an upgrade to Skinner, Davis, Leggett, or Forsythe...that's major icing on the cake. But even with the above group I feel like we'd be pretty solid. And we all should feel pretty confident that the above is not going to be our best lineup next season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    We can safely assume Lemonis has evaluated Davis and accept his decision.
    "Na, and I can't wait until the game 1 thread in 2022 when we're down in the first so I can bitch more about how Lemon is ****in' up"

- some dipshit, probably

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    "Na, and I can't wait until the game 1 thread in 2022 when we're down in the first so I can bitch more about how Lemon is ****in' up"

- some dipshit, probably
    And you know it's gonna happen, lol!

vCash
    On the SS situation with Lane
    I will be the first to say I was all in on a transfer at the position and moving Lane to 2b
    Not to say I’m still not if the right transfer or even recruit makes it campus

But I doubt they play the position better, Lane is a plus plus defensive SS already and not to make shitty comparisons
    But didn’t Kessinger at OM his freshman year hit like a Buck 70 ??
    Lane should continue to improve offensively

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I will be the first to say I was all in on a transfer at the position and moving Lane to 2b

But I doubt they play the position better, Lane is a plus plus defensive SS already and not to make shitty comparisons
    Polk and Jay Powell both think Lane is still growing and will be much better.

Another thing, the pitching we faced in Omaha was about as good as could be faced in college. Lane may not have looked good batting but not many were going to look good batting versus this competition.

4 games started by a top-10 draft picks (Madden, Madden, Leiter, Rocker) + Quintanilla + McGarrity + Maldonado

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post

If the knock on Lane is his bat, then moving him to 2B doesn't help. Unless we get a better defender at SS, or 2 middle infielders that hit better than him, he should stay at SS.

And for other posters talking about not being bale to replace Allen and Rowdy... well... the same thing was said about Foscue and Westburg the year before, and the same thing was said about Mangum and Mac the year before that. College players leave every year, pitchers and position players. We have a LOT of big game experience coming back in both the lineup and staff, many with room to grow, and we have high ceiling guys coming in. That's as good of a position as anyone in the country. Not everyone will pan out and -like this year- there will be bumps early as we work out who has or hasn't panned out, but ultimately we should be good to go postseason

vCash
    I’ll be surprised if Stinnet, Johnson, and Hancock return.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I?ll be surprised if Stinnet, Johnson, and Hancock return.
    I will not be surprised if Skinner does not get cut in fall. Others feel the same. Does not compete offensively

vCash
    I’ll be surprised if Stinnet, Johnson, and Hancock return.
    I don't see Hancock getting drafted. I guess that doesn't mean he couldn't leave, but he really doesn't project anywhere at the next level.

Stinnett and Johnson leaving would hurt. They would have big roles next year.

vCash
    Stinnett and Hancock are both expected back.

PJ has a good chance of being drafted. He pretty much is what he is. He might could see a slight tick up in velo, but I don't expect him to stay if drafted.

Stinnett wants a shot at starting next year. He's got to work on control this summer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I don't see Hancock getting drafted. I guess that doesn't mean he couldn't leave, but he really doesn't project anywhere at the next level.

Stinnett and Johnson leaving would hurt. They would have big roles next year.
    Agree on Hancock. It was just mentioned he may move on. Would be good to have him back. A Natty can always change some minds. Stinnett and Johnson likely will be drafted. Only question is how much they will be offered.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Agree on Hancock. It was just mentioned he may move on. Would be good to have him back. A Natty can always change some minds. Stinnett and Johnson likely will be drafted. Only question is how much they will be offered.
    Yep.

Banned
    vCash
    Sims, Cade s, and fristoe is one heck of a rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Polk and Jay Powell both think Lane is still growing and will be much better.

Another thing, the pitching we faced in Omaha was about as good as could be faced in college. Lane may not have looked good batting but not many were going to look good batting versus this competition.

4 games started by a top-10 draft picks (Madden, Madden, Leiter, Rocker) + Quintanilla + McGarrity + Maldonado
    Lane went 4 for 11 against great pitching in the cws finals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post

- some dipshit, probably
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BeardoMSU again.