Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Tracking the 2022 MSU Baseball Roster

vCash
    Crickets on our guys and signees signing with pro clubs except for Tanner Allen

vCash
    Adding new grad transfer - RJ Yeager - SS - Mercer

vCash
    NM. Wrong thread.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 07-23-2021 at 04:00 PM.

vCash
    Updated. Next update will be once draftee signing period passes on Aug 1st.

vCash
    What does roster limits go back to this year?

vCash
    So anyone have a run down on who made it to campus from the draft? Both HS and current players coming back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    So anyone have a run down on who made it to campus from the draft? Both HS and current players coming back
    Best I can remember we lost
    TA, Cerentola, MacLeod, Rowdy, Bednar off the current Roster.

McCants, Wood, and Bruns from the signee pool.

We jus reloaded this year seems like. Still havent really gotten Lemonis signing class due to baseball being recruited so far out, but we have some really good players coming in this year.

Also to note, Lemonis and Foxhall have gotten some top pitching prospects committed for the future. A kid from North Carolina and the kid from MS come to mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    What does roster limits go back to this year?
    I don't know but my guess is that anyone affected by that would be allowed to be on the roster like before if they wanted to come back but I think most of that was taken care of naturally because we could only play so many guys and therefore most of the ones that didn't play much just transferred out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Best I can remember we lost
    TA, Cerentola, MacLeod, Rowdy, Bednar off the current Roster.

McCants, Wood, and Bruns from the signee pool.

We jus reloaded this year seems like. Still havent really gotten Lemonis signing class due to baseball being recruited so far out, but we have some really good players coming in this year.

Also to note, Lemonis and Foxhall have gotten some top pitching prospects committed for the future. A kid from North Carolina and the kid from MS come to mind.
    Typically, and I still think that this is mostly true the first two years really don't count because of how the recruiting cycle works. Year one is basically another coach's players. Year two is when the first recruits start to come in. After that the players start to become more and more from the current coach.

vCash
    The 2022 fall roster released a couple months ago had 43 players on it. In the past couple of weeks three guys have put their names in the transfer portal: Freshman Jeffery Ince, Freshman Tyler Haines, and Sophomore Kyte Mcdonald. I believe the roster limit this year is 40 and we are right at that number and the expectation is that 1-2 more will transfer before the season starts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    The 2022 fall roster released a couple months ago had 43 players on it. In the past couple of weeks three guys have put their names in the transfer portal: Freshman Jeffery Ince, Freshman Tyler Haines, and Sophomore Kyte Mcdonald. I believe the roster limit this year is 40 and we are right at that number and the expectation is that 1-2 more will transfer before the season starts.
    Hate to hear Kyte is leaving......He would add some much needed depth in the of......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Hate to hear Kyte is leaving......He would add some much needed depth in the of......
    Not really anywhere for him to go though, his defense is poor and his arm strength isn't great either. He was a good hitter when given the chance though

vCash
    So just to get the ball rolling...who will be our Friday, Saturday, and Sunday starting pitchers? Maybe Landon Sims, Jackson Fristoe, then Stone Simmons. Any thoughts?

vCash
    Sims Fristoe and Cade Smith is my guess. Other guys that I wouldn't rule out would be Stinnett, Walling, and Tullar (he was brought in to be a starter for us last year).

I'm kinda hoping they keep Preston Johnson as a bullpen guy, Closers you will probably see KC Hunt or Jack Walker. Wouldn't rule out Tepper logging some bullpen innings too this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terradawg View Post
    So just to get the ball rolling...who will be our Friday, Saturday, and Sunday starting pitchers? Maybe Landon Sims, Jackson Fristoe, then Stone Simmons. Any thoughts?
    I think it will be Sims, Cade Smith, and I think Andrew Walling will get a shot to start early since that's a big reason why he came to MSU. Walling didn't exactly do that great in the fall but that's the fall and only means so much. I could definitely see KC Hunt getting a starting job too as well as Fristoe of course. Preston Johnson will get a look because he has shown that he can go multiple innings. Jack Walker could win a job as a freshman as well. He's going to be a good pitcher for us.

vCash
    I know he faded towards the end of the year but everyone that’s looked at us (Fitts and company) mention Fristoe almost every time. Makes me think Sims Friday Fristoe Saturday and Walling Sunday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I know he faded towards the end of the year but everyone that’s looked at us (Fitts and company) mention Fristoe almost every time. Makes me think Sims Friday Fristoe Saturday and Walling Sunday
    FWIW:

The buzz from Twitter is Sims, Stinnett, and Cade Smith

Sims is an All American, Stinnett is now an unhittable control pitcher, and Cade Smith was the top-Freshman with CWS proof-testing

If correct, this gives us a RIDICULOUS bullpen, best ever for MSU?

B Smith, P Johnson, Fristoe, Tepper (great at the Cape), Simmons, Walling, Hunt, Tullar

If Fristoe is our wildcard, that's a pretty huge wildcard. He's a 1st Round Candidate in 2022. He is not Cerantola that never actually showed us anything and was a hockey kid most of his life. JF is supposed to be a 1st Rounder, he is supposed to be a Flag Ship. But let's get real, JF did not look good in the Regional but Cade Smith was the Man in the Arena in clutch innings against the best teams in the nation. JF had 4 consecutive bad starts before Harding earned the #3 job.

But Fristoe is not the only wildcard with huge upside. B Smith, Walling, and Hunt are due a leap of performance. How high, could be game changing. I think a Bulldog will be the Kevin Kopps of 2022. Of course, I wear Maroon colored lenses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    FWIW:

Sims is an All American, Stinnett is now an unhittable control pitcher, and Cade Smith was the top-Freshman with CWS proof-testing

B Smith, P Johnson, Fristoe, Tepper (great at the Cape), Simmons, Walling, Hunt, Tullar

If Fristoe is our wildcard, that's a pretty huge wildcard. He's a 1st Round Candidate in 2022. He is not Cerantola that never actually showed us anything and was a hockey kid most of his life. JF is supposed to be a 1st Rounder, he is supposed to be a Flag Ship. But let's get real, JF did not look good in the Regional but Cade Smith was the Man in the Arena in clutch innings against the best teams in the nation. JF had 4 consecutive bad starts before Harding earned the #3 job.

But Fristoe is not the only wildcard with huge upside. B Smith, Walling, and Hunt are due a leap of performance. How high, could be game changing. I think a Bulldog will be the Kevin Kopps of 2022. Of course, I wear Maroon colored lenses.
    I would be surprised to see Stinnett start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    FWIW:

Fristoe's problem was that because of Covid he didn't pitch all year his senior year. He was throwing a lot of innings as a freshman when he hadn't thrown in a game in a while. Sure you could make that excuse for most everybody but I think it effected him more

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think it will be Sims, Cade Smith, and I think Andrew Walling will get a shot to start early since that's a big reason why he came to MSU. Walling didn't exactly do that great in the fall but that's the fall and only means so much. I could definitely see KC Hunt getting a starting job too as well as Fristoe of course. Preston Johnson will get a look because he has shown that he can go multiple innings. Jack Walker could win a job as a freshman as well. He's going to be a good pitcher for us.
    First two correct. Walling has lots of work got do to get a weekend spot. He's not a strike thrower and he's trying to become one. While doing so his velo is down too. He will have to prove himself out of the pen and mid week starts.... walker is going to be good. We shall see who ultimately ends up as Sunday guy. Probably numerous people get a shot.