Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MSU Baseball Mt.Rushmore, Who you got?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Allen, Rowdey, Bednar, Sims, Mangum, Palmero, Clark, B Rocker, Brantley, Mitch Moreland, Thigpen, Polk, Lemonis, Cohen

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Our MT Rushmore candidates are so good we have two triple crown winners that can?t get on! Lol

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Our MT Rushmore candidates are so good we have two triple crown winners that can?t get on! Lol
    How did Rooker not get the Golden Spike? I forget.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    How did Rooker not get the Golden Spike? I forget.
    Brendan McKay at Louisville.

Hit .341, 18 HRs, 51 RBIs and went 8-3, 2.22 ERA, and 116 Ks on the mound

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Brendan McKay at Louisville.

Hit .341, 18 HRs, 51 RBIs and went 8-3, 2.22 ERA, and 116 Ks on the mound
    Wait a minute. A starting pitcher who played every day? When he pitched was another player DH'd for? What an advantage for a team. I admit that is impressive and quite Ruthian.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    Here's my reasoning on why Bednar should be included. We could not have won this without him. There was no backup on that roster that could have done what he did. He put the team on his back. Bednar has to be there because he was the one pitcher we had that gave us a chance to break the curse. We have no natty without Bednar.
    Agree. Bednar is the first name on my list. Allen and Mangum next. Then you have a choice of Polk, Lemonis, Rooker, Clark, Palmeiro, Renfroe, etc.

Banned
    vCash
    I will admit, Mangum touched my Bulldog Heart as much if not the most as any.

vCash
    I don’t think there are any wrong answers here but I think it is a consensus that Allen, Mangum and Raffy are top 3. I get that Clark is the GS winner, I just can’t put him on there before those 3. Bednar was phenomenal as well, but I really believe Ron Polk should get the nod, and yes I think Lemo has or is about to pass him up. But Polk was a founding father.

vCash
    Bednar is a tough one. 2 weeks ago he's not even top 50. But he went god mode to help us secure a natty.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    I don’t think there are any wrong answers here but I think it is a consensus that Allen, Mangum and Raffy are top 3. I get that Clark is the GS winner, I just can’t put him on there before those 3. Bednar was phenomenal as well, but I really believe Ron Polk should get the nod, and yes I think Lemo has or is about to pass him up. But Polk was a founding father.
    You can't put Polk on there if you don't put lemonis on there. Polk built college baseball, but Lemonis won it. I will always rank someone on this team over those before this team, cause they are champions and yes all those before helped us get there, but they didn't do it. This team did.

vCash
    but I think it is a consensus that Allen, Mangum and Raffy are top 3.
    Not quite

vCash
    You put Polk on their just like you put Washington on Rushmore. He was the founding father. He would go first. And Rex if you don’t think that Allen and Mangum are 1 and 2 you are crazy. Legacy wise it would be Raffy or Clark on throwback but I really believe that Allen and Mangum legacy wise are superior to Raffy and Clark. And that is not knocking Thunder and Lightning but they already have a statue. Polk is on the stadium along with Dudy. That is why I go Allen, Mangum as 1 and 2.

There are no wrong answers to this hypothetical.

This is not like when you were advocating in trying to throw Bednars arm off of his body or Bring Sims into a cruise control game. It all worked out according to your master Lemos plan. He and Foxhall did a phenomenal job this year and post season of managing the chess pieces he had.

vCash
    You put Polk on their just like you put Washington on Rushmore. He was the founding father. He would go first. And Rex if you don’t think that Allen and Mangum are 1 and 2 you are crazy. Legacy wise it would be Raffy or Clark on throwback but I really believe that Allen and Mangum legacy wise are superior to Raffy and Clark. And that is not knocking Thunder and Lightning but they already have a statue. Polk is on the stadium along with Dudy. That is why I go Allen, Mangum as 1 and 2.

There are no wrong answers to this hypothetical.

This is not like when you were advocating in trying to throw Bednars arm off of his body or Bring Sims into a cruise control game. It all worked out according to your master Lemos plan. He and Foxhall did a phenomenal job this year and post season of managing the chess pieces he had.
    Allen and Mangum are 2-3 behind Bednar. I have Polk 4.

Since you brought it up my "wanting to throw his arm off" was pitching on 4 days rest. He ended up going on 3 and was fine, loser.

vCash
    How about this, I was saying it jokingly but since you like to throw names out there here we go. As a professional trainer you DO NOT put strain or stress on an arm that will have to have it done again inside of a week. Meaning, you wanted to throw Bednar on 4 days rest in order to get to the NC series, the problem with that IS. Say he throws when you wanted him to, his arm which has been trained with set days of rest, would have torn more pieces of muscle than normal due to insufficient rest. It is recommended by every physician including Andrews that if you have “abnormal stressors” to limit it to 1 time every 21 weeks. By throwing Bednar early you were guaranteeing to throw him again on abnormal rest. His injury likelihood is something around 35 percent higher than normal the second time around. That is way too high for a kid that is being drafted a month later. Lemonis would have been professionally irresponsible to do this. HENCE WHY HE DID NOT.

I can appreciate your fandom and I truly was making a joke with you, but you are so far beyond your depth here that you need to back off. You don’t jeopardize a kids future for a title.
    Last edited by SilentSteel16; 07-02-2021 at 09:27 PM.

vCash
    How about this, I was saying it jokingly but since you like to throw names out there here we go. As a professional trainer you DO NOT put strain or stress on an arm that will have to have it done again inside of a week. Meaning, you wanted to throw Bednar on 4 days rest in order to get to the NC series, the problem with that IS. Say he throws when you wanted him to, his arm which has been trained with set days of rest, would have torn more pieces of muscle than normal due to insufficient rest. It is recommended by every physician including Andrews that if you have “abnormal stressors” to limit it to 1 time every 21 weeks. By throwing Bednar early you were guaranteeing to throw him again on abnormal rest. His injury likelihood is something around 35 percent higher than normal the second time around. That is way too high for a kid that is being drafted a month later. Lemonis would have been professionally irresponsible to do this. HENCE WHY HE DID NOT.

I can appreciate your fandom and I truly was making a joke with you, but you are so far beyond your depth here that you need to back off. You don’t jeopardize a kids future for a title.
    This is the reason coaches only do it when it is absolutely necessary(unless you're an idiot or bianco/Corbin). Notice rockers struggles the last week.

vCash
    AJ Brown has to be on there somewhere.**

Too soon?

vCash
    Mountain 1:
    Tanner Allen, Will Bednar, Rafael Palmeiro, Will Clark

Mountain 2:
    Ron Polk, Jake Mangum, Chris Lemonis, John Cohen

vCash
    With all of this being said? does anyone know why Will Clark is so distant from the program? I mean, you see him here and there at some big events like the opening of the new Dude and one or two fan pics from the opening ceremony at the CWS but no pics of him from the final game, no ESPN shots of him like Palmeiro jumping up and down during the game, no pics of him with the team, no athletic facilities with his name, no big tweets about state congratulating them, etc. I realize he isn?t the most pleasant of people but has the program done something to piss him off?