Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MSU Baseball Mt.Rushmore, Who you got?

vCash

MSU Baseball Mt.Rushmore, Who you got?

Boy this is a tough one.

Polk, Jake, Tanner, Lemo, Raffey, Clark, Bednar or Rowdey move up?

Do you count pro career in?

Polk and Tanner Allen are there to me. Too many great players, hard to settle on two more.

vCash
    Cohen needs to be on there too.

vCash
    You gotta get a bigger mountain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You gotta get a bigger mountain.
    That’s the truth.

At this point I don’t see how Allen isn’t there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    That’s the truth.

At this point I don’t see how Allen isn’t there.
    Tanner #1 Bulldog of all time right now imo .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Tanner #1 Bulldog of all time right now imo .
    Looking back now…was his HR against Virginia the single biggest swing in our baseball history? Sports history as a whole?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Looking back now…was his HR against Virginia the single biggest swing in our baseball history? Sports history as a whole?
    If it's not it don't take long to call roll. Yeah I think so.

vCash
    Tanner Allen Ron Polk Jake Mangum Cohen

vCash
    I think Mangum had his legacy cemented last night. He willed that first Lemonis team to the CWS and helped make this possible.

And I don't think it can be understated that he literally told Lemonis to his face in that press conference that he would bring the first title to MSU.

To me I think Polk, Raffy, Mangum, and TA

vCash
    Riding this high I'm on, I'm going with lemonis, tanner Allen, sims, will bednar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I think Mangum had his legacy cemented last night. He willed that first Lemonis team to the CWS and helped make this possible.

And I don't think it can be understated that he literally told Lemonis to his face in that press conference that he would bring the first title to MSU.

I agree Mangum belongs due to having a record that will probably never be broken and his loyalty and contributions to the program off the field and I honestly expect him to come back and be part of the program in the future in a major way due to his loyalty and love for the school.

vCash
    Polk, Cohen, and Lemonis all had a huge part in this, but I don't think any of them are on Rushmore.

If you're looking at players, I don't think you can leave off Thunder & Lightning. Even though they didn't bring home a championship, they were iconic and a huge part of our history. Then I think it's Mangum. Four year starter, great all four years. Even pitched some when we were in a pinch. And then I think it's Tanner Allen. SEC POY. First National Championship. 3 for 3 on getting to the CWS, starting as a freshman, being a big part of the lineup as a sophomore, and then being a leader on the one that brought it all home.

People will say that's recency bias, but I just don't know that you're going to find players that were such big contributors on big winning teams over three and four years. I'd probably drop one of thunder or lightening before I dropped Mangum or Allen.

ETA: Bednar's performance this world series was incredible, but he's going to be essentially a one year player for us. Just can't put him on Rushmore for one year, even as incredible as his CWS performance was. I can understand why some might disagree. I think that accounts for the lack of pitchers period. Just so few are big time contributors for three years.
    Last edited by Johnson85; 07-01-2021 at 11:50 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

It was a powerful moment when Mangum did that..and it's even more so now that it's lived up to it in the NEXT SEASON that a cws was played.

More chills and tears...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bgover4 View Post
    I agree Mangum belongs due to having a record that will probably never be broken and his loyalty and contributions to the program off the field and I honestly expect him to come back and be part of the program in the future in a major way due to his loyalty and love for the school.
    I hope he puts it together and has a long pro career first. That guy deserves it. I know he won't be outworked. if it's in the plan.. it will happen for him to make the big show.

vCash
    Man thats tough... I would go Clark, Palmiero, Rooker, Mangum, T. Allen

vCash
    I would have to go in order … Polk, Mangum, Allen, Lemonis and Raffy

To me, Clark is over hyped and Mangum and Allen went all out for more than 1 year. Heck I would put Macnamee in before will Clark. Bednar was great but overall legacy wise I don’t think he is in same light as Allen and Mangum.

Don’t get me wrong, Bednar is phenomenal and deserves at least ring of Honor but you look at what they did here. Much like Dak and football and Vivens basketball.

vCash
    I really believe Lemonis retires here with more than 3 titles. He seems to really understand how to manage a team. He did a phenomenal job since he has been here. Just can’t wait to see a complete team of his choosing to be on field. What he did with James and Forsythe and Hatcher was genius.

I told y’all that Forsythe was going to be special he is an ELITE SS and his bat will come around once the game slows down for him in the box. He will be SPECIAL. I really hate to lose Scotty Dabrule though. That kid is the definition of a baseball player along with Tanner Allen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Heck I would put Macnamee in before will Clark. .
    Wow. Some of you are really showing your youthful age. Holy recency bias, batman!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Stare View Post
    Wow. Some of you are really showing your youthful age. Holy recency bias, batman!
    Yeah no credibility after that.

vCash
    I am over 40 but Clark does not have that alumni feel that Raffy and Dak have. Will Clark is and always was all about Will Clark. That is why I didn’t list MacNamee on the mountain, but I feel he has done more for our program than Clark. Not taking away what Clark did in the field, I am talking about True Maroon baseball. And sorry but Clark has a statue and that is enough. No bias just facts based on actions.