Thread: Been a long road and we ended it the right way.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Been a long road and we ended it the right way.

Vandy did not deserve to be there. Sure, they had a great season, and by the rules they got there.......BUT the baseball gods knew it. Karma hit them like a dump truck. We were due. We answered the call. We ended the bullshit by curb stomping them. Outside one terrible inning, we kept the foot on the gas.

I feel bad Mac didn't get it done. He has taken a beating by the fanbase this week. Mac is a large part of the reason we got there. I know he will get another chance in life and I hope he answers the call. I have been critical, but this man is my brother. Like so many times this season, our team rallied and had his back.

Watching Rowdey and Allen for 4 years has been special. Those guys are pure competitors and have delivered great memories through the years.

Every player on the entire team had a moment in the regional-championship journey. Lane Forsythe's defense was superb. He had big hits yesterday when we needed it. Kamren James, same story. Absolutely fantastic defense the entire tourney. Scotty was just solid at bat, scored a bunch of runs and RBIs when we needed it. Luke, Cumbest, Rowdey, and T Allen all did their jobs and led us to the victory. Hatcher beating out the throw to first was a dang important at bat. Clark with maybe the single most important swing of the tourney against VA. Skinner stealing second base leading to Leggett's legendary hit.

Pitching, literally every person did their job. Ate up innings, setting the single game K record, single season k record and damn Preston Johnson and the Smiths dominated.

Vandy did not belong there, and MSU left no doubt.
    Finally.
    Last edited by Lord McBuckethead; 06-30-2021 at 11:37 PM.

vCash
    Great post, dude.

vCash
    Well said. Incredible team effort.

How many of us have said "in our lifetime" when talking about this Natty? They won a National Championship in my lifetime. In our lifetimes! Buy the shirts!

vCash
    I got to see the SAINTS win a Super Bowl and the “DOGS win a national championship,,,,,,,cheers Big John......this one is for you...

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I like how sixpackspeak finally got to update his 23 year old website signature. Updated for the Saints superbowl win and now this.
    Downvotes_Hype