Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: CWS Finals Game 2 Thread: State vs. Vandy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Bert is just what the team needed to get us a win tonight.
    If we win tonight, I'm giving the credit to Bert. Big players show up in big time moments!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Comic relief does nothing to our team's pitching/hitting... or dumb coaching decisions for that matter.
    You're always so negative

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Comic relief does nothing to our team's pitching/hitting... or dumb coaching decisions for that matter.
    <<<<(The joke)>>>>>

*Your Head*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I've heard if he gets drafted he's gone.
    He's gonna have to hope someone takes a flyer on him as a catcher imo. I don't think he's good enough as a hitter to be drafted as a 1b, and other than catcher, I don't see a spot

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I kinda hope they're stupid and start Rocker tonight. It won't happen because he's on short rest, but if they pitched him and we some how won, we'd win tomorrow. It's like a band aid imo. Just rip it off now.
    If we would have won yesterday, Rocker would have started tonight, but they have the advantage now. Except for the distinct possibility our hitting gets red hot over the next 18 innings. We are in there blind spot boys. As Jack Reacher says, "I am the one you didn't see coming, I (we are) am in your blind spot."
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post
    Thanks, Beardo!

To McBuckethead, your track record of 4 out of 5 was commendable. 🙂
    Even me, doing everything in my power, wasn't enough to overcome 4 straight walks to open the 1st inning along with 3 hits and 7 runs. I mean, shit guys.... right.
    I did everything I could.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    If we would have won yesterday, Rocker would have started tonight, but they have the advantage now. Except for the distinct possibility our hitting gets red hot over the next 18 innings. We are in there blind spot boys. As Jack Reacher says, "I am the one you didn't see coming, I (we are) am in your blind spot."
    I love Jack Reacher. I'm not much of a reader, but I read those books

vCash
    I love Jack Reacher. I'm not much of a reader, but I read those books
    My favorite line comes from the first Jack Reacher movie.
    He is in the bar and the girl Sandy comes up to talk to him.
    He says to her, that he is sorry, but he cannot afford her.
    She is like, "I am not a Hooker."
    He goes, "Well then I definitely cannot afford you. Women you pay for in advance is usually cheaper."

Dude comes up and is like, "Is this guy bothering you, Sandy?"
    Sandy says, "He called me a whore."
    Reacher says, "She said whore, I implied hooker."

Guy from the back, "Hey you cannot talk our sister that way!"
    Reacher looks, "Is she a good kisser?"

Best line of the movie. Roll Tide.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Even me, doing everything in my power, wasn't enough to overcome 4 straight walks to open the 1st inning along with 3 hits and 7 runs. I mean, shit guys.... right.
    Lol, indeed you did. Your efforts will echo through the Halls of Valhalla.

vCash
    Looks like Harding. Should have been expected, Lemonis has bundled the pitching like hell the last 4 games.

vCash
    <<<<(The joke)>>>>>

*Your Head*
    The saddest thing is I don't get your "surely genius" reply... but that's on me. Sorry, should've added some <<>> & ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You're always so negative
    When facts are negative... I guess. I also don't believe in karma or luck. Although, I don't watch many games b/c I think I'm a jinx. True story. (Eye rolling emoji)

vCash

No asterisk, therefore no sarcasm there, my friend. Apologies if it read that way. Also, not superstition either, really. Only saying I appreciate your efforts no matter the outcome.

And besides, when you picked up the ball and ran with it, I just knew we were in for the win. ...... so much for the Not Superstitious comment. 🙄
    Last edited by Dawg_Lover; 06-29-2021 at 05:47 PM.

vCash
    Weather delay - not much on radar but the tarp is still out on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post
    No asterisk, therefore no sarcasm there, my friend. Apologies if it read that way. Also, not superstition either, really. Only saying I appreciate your efforts no matter the outcome.

And besides, when you picked up the ball and ran with it, I just knew we were in for the win. ...... so much for the Not Superstitious comment. 🙄
    Naw man, we are good. I seriously thought I was bringing the mojo. I do feel really calm tonight though. I was all covered in anxiety yesterday. If we have learned anything about this team, they fight. Even last night. Shut those asshats down, except the 1st inning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Looks like Harding. Should have been expected, Lemonis has bundled the pitching like hell the last 4 games.
    Damn....it's such a shame you aren't our baseball coach. You are great as an armchair coach.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Naw man, we are good. I seriously thought I was bringing the mojo. I do feel really calm tonight though. I was all covered in anxiety yesterday. If we have learned anything about this team, they fight. Even last night. Shut those asshats down, except the 1st inning.
    That's only because you are a veteran and used to losing. Same thing happened to me... it's not zen or some sorta foresight... it's just what we know. Unfortunately....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Weather delay - not much on radar but the tarp is still out on the field.
    I don't see this getting started before 730 with the way those boundaries are popping off storms and they are just bounching around with little steering

vCash
    Hello my brothers of being Maroon. Swami has to been very busy since last posting. Taking on of another wifes who was Swami's nurse in hospital from nasty snake bite has been keeping Swami very busy laying all of the piping. Swami is father of 18 now!

I am of being very excited to be seeing the baseball dawgs playing for World Series. Swami is very hopefulls that tonight is going to be very much good victory for the dawgs. Good Lucks going out to our players from India. May Jobu be giving his blessings to our bats tonight.

"Even the greatest fool can accomplish a task if it were after his or her heart. But the intelligent ones are those who can convert every work into one that suits their taste." - Swami Vivekananda

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swami Dawg View Post
    Hello my brothers of being Maroon. Swami has to been very busy since last posting. Taking on of another wifes who was Swami's nurse in hospital from nasty snake bite has been keeping Swami very busy laying all of the piping. Swami is father of 18 now!

I am of being very excited to be seeing the baseball dawgs playing for World Series. Swami is very hopefulls that tonight is going to be very much good victory for the dawgs. Good Lucks going out to our players from India. May Jobu be giving his blessings to our bats tonight.

18?