Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: CWS Finals Game 2 Thread: State vs. Vandy

vCash

CWS Finals Game 2 Thread: State vs. Vandy

McBuckethead passed me the baton for tonight's game thread. It's do or die time; backs against the wall...exactly where our team seems to thrive. Lets get the win tonight!

vCash
    I think our team shows up tonight with fire and grit. Backs to the wall, they get it done. Hail State!

vCash
    Thanks for starting Beardo / it's a new day.

vCash
    So anyone want to take a shot at who we start tonight? I imagine it's Harding, but I could see us going bullpen to try to keep them off balance early and then getting the ball to Landon.

vCash
    Yep we are in our element now. We get it done tonight.

vCash
    LETS GO BOYS!!! Can't win it in game 3 if you don't lose 1.

PS - Still looking for 4 tickets for tonight.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Got to hit the damn baseball tonight.

vCash
    I kinda hope they're stupid and start Rocker tonight. It won't happen because he's on short rest, but if they pitched him and we some how won, we'd win tomorrow. It's like a band aid imo. Just rip it off now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I kinda hope they're stupid and start Rocker tonight. It won't happen because he's on short rest, but if they pitched him and we some how won, we'd win tomorrow. It's like a band aid imo. Just rip it off now.
    Maybe, maybe not. First if we are going to lose, i'd like to go down fighting and at least win one.

Second, we can get Rocker with right approach at plate. We swung at too many balls he threw first time. And if Bednar is on, it could be like a 3-2 game. Get Rocker pitch count up and him out and we can get it done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. First if we are going to lose, i'd like to go down fighting and at least win one.
    Haha I'm the opposite. If we're going to lose, I'd rather not pay $300+ per ticket for another game. Of course, I'd do it, but my bank account is suffering up here lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Haha I'm the opposite. If we're going to lose, I'd rather not pay $300+ per ticket for another game. Of course, I'd do it, but my bank account is suffering up here lol
    You can always sell your other prosthetic leg****

vCash
    They can't afford to start Rocker tonight on short rest. They have to keep him for tomorrow v Bednar. Honestly they probably feel confident they can beat Hootie today without him though.

vCash
    Who is vandy starting

vCash
    Let's hope Sims can give us 7 innings of shutout baseball. Just fill up the zone and let the stuff do work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Who is vandy starting
    Christian Little if I had to guess.

4.87 ERA, 47 Ks, 18 BBs in 40.2 IP. Just a freshman, but his stuff is good.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Just don’t feel like we can pull it off. If we had bednar avalaible we prob could but I just think we have done all we can do
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    McBuckethead passed me the baton for tonight's game thread. It's do or die time; backs against the wall...exactly where our team seems to thrive. Lets get the win tonight!

Thanks, Beardo!

To McBuckethead, your track record of 4 out of 5 was commendable. 🙂

vCash
    I feel great about tonight... which means we'll lose by 6.

But this team has responded with it's back against the wall all year. I just don't see them laying down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I think our team shows up tonight with fire and grit. Backs to the wall, they get it done. Hail State!
    I agree with this 100%. I was there last night and will be there again tonight. We basically played them evenly for 8 innings. Game 1 against Leiter was not an anticipated victory anyways. I still think we win the next 2. After attending in person both the 2013 and 2021 finals, we have got to get an early lead and keep the crowd engaged somehow. UCLA and Vandy have both killed our homefield advantage in Omaha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Stare View Post
    I agree with this 100%. I was there last night and will be there again tonight. We basically played them evenly for 8 innings. Game 1 against Leiter was not an anticipated victory anyways. I still think we win the next 2. After attending in person both the 2013 and 2021 finals, we have got to get an early lead and keep the crowd engaged somehow. UCLA and Vandy have both killed our homefield advantage in Omaha.
    Bert in the house. Give us a good rumor