Thread: Some of Our fans need to get a grip...

vCash

Some of Our fans need to get a grip...

I'm all for any emotional responses on a community message board such as this, SPS, and 247....but to fans like the sbcmortgageman guy on Twitter, quit making an ass of yourself and our fan base. Losing your shit on Twitter and @'ing Kyle Peterson or Karl Ravech for making a mistake is so stupid and makes you and our fans look like idiots. Get your shit together and take it to a message board or better yet learn to be a functioning human in society. Good grief

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I'm all for any emotional responses on a community message board such as this, SPS, and 247....but to fans like the sbcmortgageman guy on Twitter, quit making an ass of yourself and our fan base. Losing your shit on Twitter and @'ing Kyle Peterson or Karl Ravech for making a mistake is so stupid and makes you and our fans look like idiots. Get your shit together and take it to a message board or better yet learn to be a functioning human in society. Good grief
    I feel ya. Some people need to take a few hundred steps back and think. You know what they say about a few bad apples.

With that being said I will not start a new thread to state the next point(s).

Yes, tonight sucked ass big time. You cannot walk a small village in any inning and expect to win. But.......

This team has something that I haven't seen in any team at any level, in a long time, if ever. They do not quit, no matter what. Even after the debacle in the 1st, they kept battling through AB's. Making the cheaters pitch. They kept trying to break through. They put some great swings on pitches and barrelled up some balls. The way they responded cannot be taught nor coached. It may be difficult for us to see right now, but I saw a group of guys who are not phased by adversity. They never believe they are done until the final out. As a lifelong baseball fan, that is something I appreciate and admire in any team that possesses it. I'm proud that a Bulldog team possesses such a rare quality.

I cannot predict what tomorrow or Wednesday will provide, but I can guarantee that this group will go down with the ship and fight until the end. That's rare these days and we should all appreciate it. These young men have put in a lot of time, effort and sacrifices to make it this far. Who knows how it will end or if it'll pay off in the championship. I'm just rejuvenated by observing a group of guys who never give up and always believe. That's what life is about. That's what makes America what it is. Always having hope and a chance, no matter how bad off or down trodden. What else can you ask for?

So lets shut down the damn pity party, stand up and face what tomorrow brings. As they say, no matter how bad you think you have it, someone somewhere else has it worse. Seize the opportunity and give your best effort.

Signing off and yall be safe tonight. We need you here tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I feel ya. Some people need to take a few hundred steps back and think. You know what they say about a few bad apples.

Yes, tonight sucked ass big time. You cannot walk a small village in any inning and expect to win. But.......

This team has something that I haven't seen in any team at any level, in a long time, if ever. They do not quit, no matter what. Even after the debacle in the 1st, they kept battling through AB's. Making the cheaters pitch. They kept trying to break through. They put some great swings on pitches and barrelled up some balls. The way they responded cannot be taught nor coached. It may be difficult for us to see right now, but I saw a group of guys who are not phased by adversity. They never believe they are done until the final out. As a lifelong baseball fan, that is something I appreciate and admire in any team that possesses it. I'm proud that a Bulldog team possesses such a rare quality.

I cannot predict what tomorrow or Wednesday will provide, but I can guarantee that this group will go down with the ship and fight until the end. That's rare these days and we should all appreciate it. These young men have put in a lot of time, effort and sacrifices to make it this far. Who knows how it will end or if it'll pay off in the championship. I'm just rejuvenated by observing a group of guys who never give up and always believe. That's what life is about. That's what makes America what it is. Always having hope and a chance, no matter how bad off or down trodden. What else can you ask for?

So lets shut down the damn pity party, stand up and face what tomorrow brings. As they say, no matter how bad you think you have it, someone somewhere else has it worse. Seize the opportunity and give your best effort.

This game reminded of the SR game 2 against Notre Dame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post

Yes sir! They never stopped battling in this game. It's why I've enjoyed this team so much this year! They never ever quit! They respond every time they've faced adversity and kept battling and they will tomorrow and hopefully Wednesday. It may or may not be enough but this staff and team have earned my respect. Maybe my favorite Bulldog team ever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Very similar

vCash
    I think we all need to take a step back and really check ourselves for bashing Macleod or any of these players. Myself included. He?s a kid. He?s one of ours. Think of the night he?s having right now. It?s the worst day of his life and his own fan base is shitting on him. It?s sick. I can not begin to think of the hurt he?s feeling or his parents feel right now. Let?s put things in perspective guys. I?ll start with myself. Seeing Mac walk off tonight with that sunk look on his face was hard to watch and made me ashamed to bash any players. Question coaching decisions, fine, but let?s lay off the kids from now on. We?re better than that.

vCash
    Tonight was frustrating but it?s baseball. Lose 2-1 , 8-7 or 8-2. It counts the same. I get the angst but damn y?all suck it up. Even if we get beat tomorrow we are 1 of 2 left out of many. This team is special and I?m gonna call it now. We rally and win 2 straight. For the naysayers kiss my ass I?ll be disappointed to be wrong but I?m knowing we are in the finals. Some of y?all need to quit being whiny asses. We playing talent. Shut up with your no skill attitude

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yep, reminded me of that game, or the TN game in the SEC tournament, or the start of the UVA game in the CWS. So basically every game that CMac has started in post-season minus the VCU game. This game was essentially lost when the starting pitchers were announced because CMac can't locate pitches well enough right now for us to even compete, not even his fastball. Much less when the opposing pitcher is a guy like Leiter. We were just very fortunate against UVA that Lemonis got him out in the nick of time to still be in the game down 4 in a game that we scored the most runs of any CWS game that we've played. So, in my mind, we NEVER had a chance last night. After we blew the Friday game to TX AND Vandy didn't have to pitch Leiter to stay alive on Saturday we were always going to lose this game so we may as well flush it from our minds. It was always going to come down to the next 2 games. Our offense has got to step up though for us to have a chance given we won't have Bednar available except possibly on a limited basis on Wednesday. Beating Vandy two times in a row will be very difficult but not impossible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    What was the mistake that he called them out on?

vCash
    I lifted this from an article ....

~~~~~~
    Michael Jordan

Either he was part of the greatest high school roster of all time or his coach made a huge mistake in cutting Michael Jordan from his high school basketball team. Six Championships and five MVPs later, Jordan became arguably the greatest basketball player of all time.

Jordan famously said:

?I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot, and I missed. I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.?
    ~~~~~~

I am sure the naysayers will find a rebuttal somewhere. That is what they do.

No doubt, Michael Jordan likes teams like this one, because as Commerce said, They never ever quit!

No matter the outcome, this team will have played their hearts out for each other, for this school, and for the love of the game. And because of that, they have my appreciation and respect, no matter the outcome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    What was the mistake that he called them out on?
    He was losing his mind because Peterson said we needed to put in Cerantola to give him some innings and he's not on the CWS roster. It was an honest mistake and it wasn't even a big deal, but that guy lost his mind over it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    He was losing his mind because Peterson said we needed to put in Cerantola to give him some innings and he's not on the CWS roster. It was an honest mistake and it wasn't even a big deal, but that guy lost his mind over it.
    Ok, didn't catch that although I didn't pay as much attention to the audio last night given we were never really in the game. I doubt Peterson has studied our CWS roster although you would think someone on the broadcast staff would have given him that info.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Yeah on another thread I got bashed for saying EC was a preseason top pitcher (all the experts said so, not me). Peterson was just stating what he thought was the obvious. But as we see a potential error by us not taking him. EC could have been a specialty weapon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yeah on another thread I got bashed for saying EC was a preseason top pitcher (all the experts said so, not me). Peterson was just stating what he thought was the obvious. But as we see a potential error by us not taking him. EC could have been a specialty weapon.
    Ehh...that's debatable. If you take him you have to leave someone off the roster and outside of KC Hunt, who like Meche is there as a dugout hype guy, I don't really see another pitcher that you'd have subbed Cerrantola for and been better off.