Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Concerning LSU coach search...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We comparing ourselves to Clemson and Bama football?
    Our baseball program? Absolutely

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I think y'all are underestimating where we are at as a program. This isn't 20 years ago. They may have a winning history but a third of the league has caught up to them and they aren't touching our game day atmosphere
    We have the best atmosphere in CBB and have had as much success as anyone in last 10 years. It is baseball, at this moment in time we are a top job

vCash
    If you are a 16, 17 or 18 year old prospect and have watched college baseball in your life, we are a top 3 destination job
    Last edited by MoreCowbell; 06-19-2021 at 04:22 PM.

vCash
    To be fair, 99% of our fan base isn't concerned about this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    No doubt they want Corbin or Vitello first. That's the biggest splashes out there
    Which is why they haven't announced Bianca or Godwin yet. Their top choices are still playing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    If you are a 16, 17 or 18 year old prospect and have watched college baseball in your life, we are a top 3 destination job
    We might be 4th in the sec. LSU and vandy for sure, maybe Florida/ark.

eTA... don't get me wrong, we are a top flight program. We just aren't Bama/Clemson football elite
    Last edited by msstate7; 06-19-2021 at 05:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Our baseball program? Absolutely
    Add up national titles and conference championships for Clemson and Bama football compared to us. Vandy and LSU are quite clearly better programs than us, and Florida and ark have great claims too. We're anywhere from 3rd to 5th best program in the sec... bama anc Clemson are heads and shoulders above everyone else in the country.

We're more Georgia football if you throw out their 1980 season.
    Last edited by msstate7; 06-19-2021 at 06:08 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Add up national titles and conference championships for Clemson and Bama football compared to us. Vandy and LSU is quite clearly better programs than us, and Florida and ark have great claims too. We're anywhere from 3rd to 5th best program in the sec... bama anc Clemson are heads and shoulders above everyone else in the country.

We're more Georgia football if you throw out their 1980 season.
    We are presently just as good as any program in the country with a legendary game day atmosphere unparalleled. Us worrying about another school stealing our coach makes as much sense as bamer and Clemson fans doing the same.

vCash
    Lemonis fits LSU like he fits in a size Large shirt.....not a fit
    Right. You know certain schools look for a certain "type" of coach. Lemonis does not fit that crazy bunches type at all. Now O Sullivan would be a perfect fit he matches the whininess they like lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Right. You know certain schools look for a certain "type" of coach. Lemonis does not fit that crazy bunches type at all. Now O Sullivan would be a perfect fit he matches the whininess they like lol.
    Yep, unfortunately Vitello would fit them like a glove. And he would win big there.

vCash
    Yep, unfortunately Vitello would fit them like a glove. And he would win big there.
    Yes he's another lsu type and you're right he's kill it there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    We are presently just as good as any program in the country with a legendary game day atmosphere unparalleled. Us worrying about another school stealing our coach makes as much sense as bamer and Clemson fans doing the same.
    If we win a natty, you can say that. Arkansas has a great game atmosphere too, but like us, no title. It's time for us to get what it takes to be elite and not just really good

vCash
    If we win a natty, you can say that. Arkansas has a great game atmosphere too, but like us, no title. It's time for us to get what it takes to be elite and not just really good
    I see what you're saying about no titles, and I don't think we're comparable to Bama and Clemson football...but just like Arkansas isn't worried about LSU stealing Van Horn, we shouldn't be worried about LSU stealing Lemonis

vCash
    I see what you're saying about no titles, and I don't think we're comparable to Bama and Clemson football...but just like Arkansas isn't worried about LSU stealing Van Horn, we shouldn't be worried about LSU stealing Lemonis
    Also can't really compare baseball to football, not the same animal. I would say based on the totality of our program we have to be a top 6-8 job in the country.

Banned
    vCash
    This. And I realize we are no Clemson or bamer; just saying worrying about our coach is similar to bamer and Clemson worrying about theirs.

vCash
    Well if Saban retires and they call dabo, you don't think Clemson fans would be "concerned"?

vCash
    Well if Saban retires and they call dabo, you don't think Clemson fans would be "concerned"?
    Of course. But Manieri is no Saban, and Lemonis is no Dabo. And Lemonis didn't go to LSU

Banned
    vCash
    [QUOTE=msstate7;1337491]Well if Saban retires and they call dabo, you don't think Clemson fans would be "concerned"?[

Good point. But with our current situation, I just don't think a thread of us worrying about LSU taking our coach is worthy of discussion. Even though I am discussing it, LOL

vCash
    Baseball isn't football and Lemonis ain't going anywhere. Enjoy the CWS. 17 the rest!

vCash
    Obviously there's a difference between football and baseball, but you can't consider yourself the best program in the country if you have no titles. It's ridiculous.

As far as lemonis leaving, if homedawg says he isn't, then I don't think he is. Regardless though, lsu is a better program than us