Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Concerning LSU coach search...

vCash
    Uh, we haven't had Vanderbilt's success......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Obviously there's a difference between football and baseball, but you can't consider yourself the best program in the country if you have no titles. It's ridiculous.

As far as lemonis leaving, if homedawg says he isn't, then I don't think he is. Regardless though, lsu is a better program than us
    For the last 5-7 years or so? I'm thinking we've overtaken LSU for now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    For the last 5-7 years or so? I'm thinking we've overtaken LSU for now.
    Pretty even. If you do that time period, us, ark, and LSU all have a claim to #3 in the sec behind Florida and vandy
    Last edited by msstate7; 06-19-2021 at 08:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Baseball isn't football and Lemonis ain't going anywhere. Enjoy the CWS. 17 the rest!
    Succinct and well said!

vCash
    You don't leave Miss State baseball to go somewhere else. If Coach Mac had it to do over again he wouldnt have left.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You don't leave Miss State baseball to go somewhere else. If Coach Mac had it to do over again he wouldnt have left.
    EXACTLY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Uh, we haven't had Vanderbilt's success......
    Vanderbilt is just a different animal given they are a private school that gives scholarships that public schools can't. Its really apples and oranges.

Banned
    vCash
    Moan Zona

Banned
    vCash
    Bull shit umps.

vCash
    Article concerning Jay Johnson and LSU.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/arizon...eries-contract

I don't see Corbin leaving.

vCash
    Corbin has a better job. He aint leaving. LSU is probably going to make Vitello say no before they offer Bunko or someone else. Tennessee better start building the shit he wants immediately.

vCash
    Corbin has a better job. He aint leaving. LSU is probably going to make Vitello say no before they offer Bunko or someone else. Tennessee better start building the shit he wants immediately.
    Agree. Pretty much how I think.
    ETA vitello better get the hell out of there while the iron is hot.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 06-19-2021 at 10:39 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Agree. Pretty much how I think.
    ETA vitello better get the hell out of there while the iron is hot.
    Yup

vCash
    Like Kendall Rogers said recently, States coaching staff ain?t going anywhere this year minus a late pull for Foxhall out of left field but if that happens it will take him by surprise Bc he knows nothing about it and also he said Cohen is about to drop some coin on this staff to make them very wealthy men and out of reach by a lot of programs out side of the ?blue bloods?.

Another thing he said, pulling an SEC coach from a top tier SEC program to another top tier SEC program is near impossible UNLESS they want out. If you have to court them and make promises and so forth, it ain?t happening. He has made some good points lately and one was big bucks ain?t talking in college baseball right now and LSU might be finding that out the hard way. If a big name coach isn?t ready to leave a program, money isn?t going to help.

If I had to bet, I bet at the last minute, after all the hoopla (just like State had with the big names tied to the search) an assistant to a big name HBC comes in and gets the gig and turns it around and becomes a big time HBC. Just my gut feeling but I bet LSU doesn?t pull a big name ?blue blood? HBC away from their program. The name being floated are being floated by Kendall Rogers and agents to get $$?. Per usual?. In my opinion.
    Last edited by Medic601; 06-19-2021 at 11:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic601 View Post
    Like Kendall Rogers said recently, States coaching staff ain?t going anywhere this year minus a late pull for Foxhall out of left field but if that happens it will take him by surprise Bc he knows nothing about it and also he said Cohen is about to drop some coin on this staff to make them very wealthy men and out of reach by a lot of programs out side of the ?blue bloods?.

Another thing he said, pulling an SEC coach from a top tier SEC program to another top tier SEC program is near impossible UNLESS they want out. If you have to court them and make promises and so forth, it ain?t happening. He has made some good points lately and one was big bucks ain?t talking in college baseball right now and LSU might be finding that out the hard way. If a big name coach isn?t ready to leave a program, money isn?t going to help.

If I had to bet, I bet at the last minute, after all the hoopla (just like State had with the big names tied to the search) an assistant to a big name HBC comes in and gets the gig and turns it around and becomes a big time HBC. Just my gut feeling but I bet LSU doesn?t pull a big name ?blue blood? HBC away from their program. The name being floated are being floated by Kendall Rogers and agents to get $$?. Per usual?. In my opinion.
    Kendall Rogers tends to do that. He has a list of names that he always throws out when a gig comes open. Rinse and repeat every time. Schloss was coming here, but Cohen decided against it since what happened with Cann and I don’t blame him.

LSU should have wrapped him up before he went to A&M. He wanted out big time.

I think it’s gonna be Vitello or Bianco. Vitello isn’t stupid. He knows there is really no future and TN baseball and LSU is a premier job. You don’t stay at TN and turn down LSU baseball. We can make all the excuses we want. LSU is LSU and they are prolly the college baseball job besides us…

The whole Lemonis to LSU is bullshit and by a writer reaching. If you notice, he said maybe LSU is courting a Omaha coach, if I was LSU, my first call would be Lemonis. He never said they had interest.

And while I have the floor, I also think it is absolutely hilarious that Ole Miss thinks McDonnell would crawl back to Oxford if Bianco leaves. There is no chance of that happening. They will be lucky to get Godwin, but even I don’t think that happens. Godwin is building a huge program there, he went there, his dad went there and coaches there, and his family is there. That’s home for him just like LSU is home for Bianco. They aren’t a blue blood or blue chip or whatever the he’ll they wanna call themselves. Coaches look at that job and see what they have to go up against in LSU, State, and now A&M.

**** Ole Miss and Kendell Rogers lying ass. I have really come to dislike Kendell…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    **** Ole Miss and Kendell Rogers lying ass. I have really come to dislike Kendell…
    While I think Kendall has a wealth of insiders and knowledge about what’s happening, I also think he is very heavily compensated to float names and get chatter going to boost money and contracts and he does it like a champ. He knows good and well some of the names he ties to job openings have NO ties to them other than him working contacts and getting them more money.

I think he does have inside knowledge and does let some stuff leak out on purpose and he lets it leak out when he is supposed to and when he is told to. I don’t think he breaks news that he isn’t supposed to either.

With all that being said, I think he is a puppet for many of the big programs as a ‘news breaker’ so they can break news and make it look leaked and also I think he is used by coaches/agents as a money maker. But hey… who knows. But besides the names he drops (which you gotta take with a grain of salt) most of what he said is pretty much spot on.

vCash
    I wouldnt necessarily say that Vitello would bolt for LSU. Tennessee has plenty of money and can support baseball if they want. Tenn crowds have been showing up and they even had block parties for the Super. If they promise to upgrade things like he wants- I wouldnt be surprised at all if he stayed. He is going to get a good bump in pay after this season.

I could see Bunko leaving for LSU because he has done all he can for that shithole job after 20 years. Plus he played for LSU. But even he wont be swayed too easily. Job security for 1 CWS appearance in 20 years is hard to find in the SEC

As far as our guys:

Lemon will coach at State as long as he wants or until he fails to make some NCAA Supers for an extended period
    Foxhall wont leave until he gets a pro job or a HC job in college
    GoTro will leave when he gets a quality HC job or he pisses Lemon off
    Cheese will leave when he gets a chance to move up or if he pisses Lemon off
    Last edited by Coach34; 06-20-2021 at 12:35 AM.

vCash
    I wouldnt necessarily say that Vitello would bolt for LSU. Tennessee has plenty of money and can support baseball if they want. Tenn crowds have been showing up and they even had block parties for the Super. If they promise to upgrade things like he wants- I wouldnt be surprised at all if he stayed. He is going to get a good bump in pay after this season.

I could see Bunko leaving for LSU because he has done all he can for that shithole job after 20 years. Plus he played for LSU. But even he wont be swayed too easily. Job security for 1 CWS appearance in 20 years is hard to find in the SEC

As far as our guys:

Lemon will coach at State as long as he wants or until he fails to make some NCAA Supers for an extended period
    Foxhall wont leave until he gets a pro job or a HC job in college
    GoTro will leave when he gets a quality HC job or he pisses Lemon off
    Cheese will leave when he gets a chance to move up or if he pisses Lemon off
    I agree. But I don't think LSU wants Bianco. I do think he would go if given the opportunity but I just doubt he gets it.

vCash
    I live in TN country. The fan support will be there as long as Vitello keeps winning. It's a populated area and they're starved for a wining program to support. Kinda like how we showed up when Vic won
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 06-20-2021 at 08:03 AM.