Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Bednar vs Madden official

  1. #1
    Super Moderator CadaverDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    31,666
    vCash
    3000100

    Bednar vs Madden official

    I think if we're tied or ahead when Bednar has to come out, we should bring Harding in. Whatever it takes to start 2-0. What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    13,132
    vCash
    110
    Sims pitched 4 vs Texas and shut them down. So it depends on the situation but I would be thinking Bednar-Sims for the win.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,500
    vCash
    700
    This is a match up of first round picks. Kiley McDaniel has Madden going 11 to Washington and Bednar 24th to Atlanta.

  4. #4
    Senior Member smootness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    14,389
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I think if we're tied or ahead when Bednar has to come out, we should bring Harding in. Whatever it takes to start 2-0. What do you guys think?
    No, not Harding. You have your full pen at your disposal.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,738
    vCash
    500
    Bednar, PJ, Sims - possibly just Bednar:Sims if he can give us 6+.. remember no matter what we get a rest day before the next game.

    I think you HAVE TO win this game. Remember, if you win the first two you get a 2 day break

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,945
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Bednar, PJ, Sims - possibly just Bednar:Sims if he can give us 6+.. remember no matter what we get a rest day before the next game.

    I think you HAVE TO win this game. Remember, if you win the first two you get a 2 day break
    Tend to agree, go for the jugler right out of the gates. They don't want to see Sims.

  7. #7
    Senior Member KOdawg1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    7,481
    vCash
    2674
    We've seen Madden. They haven't seen Bednar. Advantage us.

    I just hope Foxhall doesn't get too predictable calling pitches. ND was sitting fastball and when they got it, they didn't miss. If he can throw his slider for strikes, I think he has a good day.

    Let's also hope his velo is back to normal. Last week, he was sitting around 93, but during the season it was around 95-96. Hopefully, it's not arm fatigue. Could just be a crappy radar gun though.

  8. #8
    Senior Member shoeless joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,485
    vCash
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    We've seen Madden. They haven't seen Bednar. Advantage us.

    I just hope Foxhall doesn't get too predictable calling pitches. ND was sitting fastball and when they got it, they didn't miss. If he can throw his slider for strikes, I think he has a good day.

    Let's also hope his velo is back to normal. Last week, he was sitting around 93, but during the season it was around 95-96. Hopefully, it's not arm fatigue. Could just be a crappy radar gun though.
    His problem against ND was that he couldn’t locate the fastball. He will also have to control his emotions and body language. Stuff wise he’s the best we got so if he’s on I like our chances.

  9. #9
    Senior Member MetEdDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    7,645
    vCash
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    His problem against ND was that he couldn’t locate the fastball. He will also have to control his emotions and body language. Stuff wise he’s the best we got so if he’s on I like our chances.
    His other problem was too many balls on the slider too. You might get some swinging strikes, but you have to put your slider in the zone some the first couple innings. If you don't, the adjustment becomes don't swing at slider.

    If you are going to set up the swing and miss slider, it's either got to be really damn good, or you have to give the batters some in the zone looks at it so they can't eliminate it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.