Thread: Aggressive Baserunning Monday?

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash

Aggressive Baserunning Monday?

I loved us taking multiple bases early in the game. It set the tone. It let everyone know we were there to win. We weren?t playing to lose. We weren?t going to be passive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    I loved us taking multiple bases early in the game. It set the tone. It let everyone know we were there to win. We weren?t playing to lose. We weren?t going to be passive.
    TA and Rowdy set the tone. TA is always looking for extra bases. I don't know why outfielders would be lazy getting the ball in when he is running because he will make them pay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Great point, I remember thinking the same thing during the game. Rowdey, TA, Kam, and Dubrule were all out to get that extra base, and it was putting serious pressure on them. Even LoTan stretched that one long single into a double. That one extra base makes such a difference in a game like that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    TA and Rowdy set the tone. TA is always looking for extra bases. I don't know why outfielders would be lazy getting the ball in when he is running because he will make them pay.
    I will always hold Tanner Allen in higher regard than some that have equal or better career numbers than him, because of what you just said. He's the type of guy that keeps the winning tradition going at MSU. He's a dirtbag, and the young guys see what kind of effort it takes from your very best players to reach the promised land, and they develop those habits. I always loved how Cody Brown played that same way, and now we have TA doing it as a guy with even more raw talent. The TA's of the world are what will always separate MSU from the OM's of the world. One is worried about the uniform getting dirty, the other is mad when there is a clean spot on his after the game.