I was fortunate enough to be there and like I told the guy next to me it still feels good to win and go to Omaha. Never gets old.

Now for the wet blanket- I don't think we have the team to win it all this year. BUT I like where our program is headed. This team is like Cohen's 2011 team. It's kind of a collection of players from different staffs but they're gritty and they play hard and they have some talent.

The reason I don't think we will win is because of our starting pitching. We have got to get better outings out of MacLeoud and Bednar period. Harding gutted it out although I think one of his runs could have been possibly avoided if he had been throwing on the side while we were scoring six runs on them in that long inning. Landon Sims was outstanding other than his mistake to Niko. Sims really is fun to watch. Just absolutely electric stuff and he attacks hitters unlike every other pitcher on the staff. Simmons disappointed me. Preston did OK- not sure why Foxhall had a mound meeting after he get strike one on a guy and appeared to be in a groove and then next pitch Johnson gets ripped. Brandon Smith and Chase Patrick weren't great either. Cade Smith looked very promising. I don't think most of our pitchers fit Foxhall's philosophy of pitching up in the zone and that's why we give up so many home runs- and also why we get so many strike outs. I do think that the guys he is bringing in like Smith and Fristoe do fit that mold but they have to just mature as pitchers and they will in time.

Logan Tanner is a future first round pick in 2022. Enjoy him while he is here. I wouldn't be shocked if he hits 20 home runs next year. And clutch too! Game winning home run in game one and then his home run in game three took the wind out of their sails and set off the Dude effect in full force. And he shuts down the running game completely as well. Our corner infield is scary defensively. But we need Kam James and Luke Hancock's bats in the line up. I think Kam will be in the outfield next year and Hancock will be back at DH. Hancock is more of a contact guy even though his batting average is down and he hit 10 home runs. He usually has good at bats though. Kam is still a work in progress and I think he takes off next year once he finds a position and gets even more AB's. Forsyth held his own defensively even though he isn't ready at the plate. He's going to be a good player for us. Dubrule has been solid even though I would have liked to have seen him hit over .300 for us.

TA and Rowdey are special players and they both played like it this SR. Both had big catches in the OF that killed momentum for Notre Dame and both hit big home runs. Rowdey I think went O-for and still scored a run and drove in one in game three. Both have delivered all year long. Brad Cumbest has had a nice year. He's starting for us next year. Kellum Clark may have been another guy to hit 10 home runs for us had he been healthy early in the year. Another guy with a bright future for MSU. I think he's probably an outfielder because that's where we have been playing him instead of first or third where we need help as well.

I have been to every MSU regional/SR championship game since 1985 and that atmosphere was by far the best and craziest I have ever experienced at Dudy Noble. The fans absolutely brought it all series long. And Notre Dame was stupid for saying that they were going to come in here and go 2-0 because they had a "chip on their shoulder". What an idiot. Reminded me of when Clemson was mad that they didn't host in 2007. Pretty much the same result. I think the new stadium us more electric than the old one. I'm not sure why. I remember people being afraid of that not being the case when we changed over. It's awesome to see what our program has become. And thank you Greg Byrne and John Cohen for saving MSU baseball and thanks Cohen for bringing in the right guy in Chris Lemonis. I really can't wait to see what he does when he gets "his" guys in. Gentlemen get second and third mortgages on your trailer and sell your wife's boyfriend's prosthetic legs because I have a feeling we're going to Omaha a lot more. This is just the beginning.