Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Bianco and Ole Miss

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    445
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Meh. Ole Miss bagmen will never be able to outbid MLB for a player. That's why you very rarely see booster involvement in baseball. Football it's thousands of dollars. In baseball it's millions in some cases.

    Their problem with recruiting is their footprint. They have to compete with MSU, LSU, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, and now Tennessee for players. Not to mention Alabama appears to be trending up and Butch is a good recruiter at Auburn. So what they're left with are their alums kids in Mississippi and then whatever they can get out of the big three baseball states in Florida, Georgia, Texas, and California. Look at their roster and where their players are from.
    It is about to get even worse for Ole Miss too, Lemonis is killing it getting instate guys for the next three years. They will have a very small footprint in their own state, and that is very bad for them considering he has built relationships with high school coaches for 20+ years while Lemonis has only been here for 2.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,896
    vCash
    700
    Todd - why do you think Gonzalez would follow him if he left?

  3. #23
    Senior Member Todd4State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    34,761
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Todd - why do you think Gonzalez would follow him if he left?
    I think he might because he would be playing for a coach he is familiar with in a better situation to put it bluntly.

    Not saying it will happen but I could see it.

  4. #24
    Senior Member StarkVegasSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,162
    vCash
    95574
    If I'm Scott Woodward then I'm calling Link Jarrett. What he's done with ND in such a short period of time is pretty damn impressive. The way he recruits could be dangerous in that launching pad. And he has SEC experience being on staff at Auburn.

    I think LSU fans need to go ahead and give up the hope that they're going to pull the big fish. We learned it during our search that no matter the program or the facilities, it's really hard to pull a sitting P5 HC with CWS experience (O'Sullivan, McDonnell, Corbin, Tadlock, etc.). The Schloss thing at A&M is different because he's been wanting out of TCU since our job came open in 18. If I'm LSU I'm interviewing Link Jarrett, Jay Johnson, Brad Bohannon, Casey Dunn(a bit of a wildcard, but his philosophy fits their park), Godwin, and then Bianco.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 06-16-2021 at 09:38 AM.

  5. #25
    Senior Member shoeless joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,485
    vCash
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    I was literally about to post this same thing Shoeless. Part of Bianco?sis problem is the type of players that culture attracts. It?s OM, not Bianco. When Bianco was hired, he pulled Pettway, Head, and those boys who would have gone to State but we were extremely lazy recruiters. Had Van Pope qualified, good chance he ended up in that class as well. Go watch gsme 2 of the OM/Arizona. Nickhazy got in a battle and the hitter fouled off like 9 pitches. Nickhazy is talking shit saying ?stop fouling the damn ball off?. Then you have Landon sims battling Kavasos to win the game, basically same AB. But our guys have more of a quiet confidence and professionalism about it. But hose are the guys I want and who can be trusted to not let other distractions and frustrations in. Just my opinion.

    All baseball coaches are dicks to some extent so that?s not a great point. I know former players of his and watched him recruit that early class up close and he comes across as a good guy.
    I?ve been around bianco and his boys a decent amount. Always nice and willing to talk baseball. Heard him speak a few times and the guy knows his stuff. Again I respect the hell out of him.

    And Van was without a doubt going to ole miss had he qualified. If that would have happened they would have had two, two way guys that were flat out filthy.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Dawgbite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Right center actually
    Posts
    1,573
    vCash
    110
    At Hoover I sat next to a lady wearing Kentucky garb. Throughout the games I learned that she was third generation Ole Miss grad and one son played for Bianco and a second son coached or was on the staff for Bianco. She hated him with a passion usually reserved for an ex wife. The Napoleon complex was just what she described. The coach son jumped to Kentucky, thus her attire, first chance he got and couldn’t be happier. Of course people like that aren’t the ones who make the decisions.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2,235
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    At Hoover I sat next to a lady wearing Kentucky garb. Throughout the games I learned that she was third generation Ole Miss grad and one son played for Bianco and a second son coached or was on the staff for Bianco. She hated him with a passion usually reserved for an ex wife. The Napoleon complex was just what she described. The coach son jumped to Kentucky, thus her attire, first chance he got and couldn’t be happier. Of course people like that aren’t the ones who make the decisions.
    Nice story. Makes you wonder what his players think of him overall.

  8. #28
    Senior Member basedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,826
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    At Hoover I sat next to a lady wearing Kentucky garb. Throughout the games I learned that she was third generation Ole Miss grad and one son played for Bianco and a second son coached or was on the staff for Bianco. She hated him with a passion usually reserved for an ex wife. The Napoleon complex was just what she described. The coach son jumped to Kentucky, thus her attire, first chance he got and couldn’t be happier. Of course people like that aren’t the ones who make the decisions.
    You should hear my bro n law who had a son that pitched at OM mid 90’s talk about Bianca. He ruined his son’s arm.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2,235
    vCash
    500
    Bianco has benefited having elite crootin but results have not been elite. Based on that along with a reputation for destroying arms tells me I wouldn't want him running my teams show.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    616
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    I was literally about to post this same thing Shoeless. Part of Bianco?sis problem is the type of players that culture attracts. It?s OM, not Bianco. When Bianco was hired, he pulled Pettway, Head, and those boys who would have gone to State but we were extremely lazy recruiters. Had Van Pope qualified, good chance he ended up in that class as well. Go watch gsme 2 of the OM/Arizona. Nickhazy got in a battle and the hitter fouled off like 9 pitches. Nickhazy is talking shit saying ?stop fouling the damn ball off?. Then you have Landon sims battling Kavasos to win the game, basically same AB. But our guys have more of a quiet confidence and professionalism about it. But hose are the guys I want and who can be trusted to not let other distractions and frustrations in. Just my opinion.

    All baseball coaches are dicks to some extent so that?s not a great point. I know former players of his and watched him recruit that early class up close and he comes across as a good guy.
    My kid has been coached by 2 of the 3 referenced above. Only thing wrong with either of them is the Ole Miss connection. Good guys. Sorry, not really related to the thread.

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    984
    vCash
    600
    How CONSISTENLY good was OM b4 MB got there? I see him as more or less a Dan Mullen type coach.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    650
    vCash
    500
    Mike Bianco took a bottom tier program and made them a program consistently in the top half of the conference. He also took them to the final 4 in Omaha in 2014. This seems like a knee jerk reaction from their fan base. I get if he had completely dropped the ball and did terrible for several years after that run, but he has accomplished a lot at Ole Miss. I don?t really get why they would want him gone. That being said, I?m not sure he is the right fit at LSU. I think LSU would want to go after someone like Corbin. Bianco would be a solid B hire for LSU but I think they can go bigger

  13. #33
    Senior Member StarkVegasSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,162
    vCash
    95574
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Mike Bianco took a bottom tier program and made them a program consistently in the top half of the conference. He also took them to the final 4 in Omaha in 2014. This seems like a knee jerk reaction from their fan base. I get if he had completely dropped the ball and did terrible for several years after that run, but he has accomplished a lot at Ole Miss. I don?t really get why they would want him gone. That being said, I?m not sure he is the right fit at LSU. I think LSU would want to go after someone like Corbin. Bianco would be a solid B hire for LSU but I think they can go bigger
    They only see one stat: 3-16, which is Bianco's record against us since 2016. But remember, we're not their real rival.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    984
    vCash
    600

    You're not wrong

    OM was terrible before he arrived. They'd be smart to hold on to him and just expect MSU to be better every year and perhaps win a game vs MSU. Question is could MB raise LSU like he did OM? or is what he did at OM the ceiling and that's all he can do.

    I wouldn't chance it.

  15. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2,235
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Mike Bianco took a bottom tier program and made them a program consistently in the top half of the conference. He also took them to the final 4 in Omaha in 2014. This seems like a knee jerk reaction from their fan base. I get if he had completely dropped the ball and did terrible for several years after that run, but he has accomplished a lot at Ole Miss. I don?t really get why they would want him gone. That being said, I?m not sure he is the right fit at LSU. I think LSU would want to go after someone like Corbin. Bianco would be a solid B hire for LSU but I think they can go bigger
    If we had been to zero supers the last decade, there would be a statue of him for fulfilling his flagship promise when hired. Its part of the childish sense of entitlement that IS Shitbird

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.