Thread: Disney World of College Baseball

vCash

Disney World of College Baseball

vCash
    broken link

vCash

vCash
    He's a cocky son of a gun ain't he? I'll be honest, I kinda like that though. He's not a bad coach at all.

vCash
    He's gonna be like Vitello at Tennessee, if they don't commit to facility improvements then he's going to bolt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    He's a cocky son of a gun ain't he? I'll be honest, I kinda like that though. He's not a bad coach at all.
    That didn't come off as cocky to me at all. Sounded really good. And agree with poster above who says he's going to leave without investment in facilities.

vCash
    He used the opportunity to send a message to the administration and fan/donors as he should have. He has seen the promised land of what is possible with support from the University and he intends to get there one way or the other.

vCash
    That AD of his is wishing like hell they hadn't been sent to the Dude for a Super, haha

vCash
    Nothing wrong with what he said. He put his fanbase, supporters, and administration on notice. He's saying they just played in the best college stadium in America and the best crowd support.
    He wants better.

Ain't a damn thing wrong with that. and I like him a lot more after listening to this interview.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 06-16-2021 at 10:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    That AD of his is wishing like hell they hadn't been sent to the Dude for a Super, haha
    Indeed. He better get to work on securing something major this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Nothing wrong with what he said. He put his fanbase, supporters, and administration on notice. He's saying just played in the best place in America and the best crowd support.
    He wants better.

Ain't not a damn thing wrong with that. and I like him a lot more after listening to this interview.
    I agree. And he's spot on about other programs wanting him. If you don't have others trying to poach your coach, is he really doing a great job? Love that mentality

vCash
    If he doesn't get the things he asks for, I could see him leaving for the SEC or ACC if the right job opened. He was an assistant at Auburn under John P in 2010-12.
    He grew up in Tallahassee and played for Florida State. Wonder how many years they will give Jr there.

vCash
    I agree. And he's spot on about other programs wanting him. If you don't have others trying to poach your coach, is he really doing a great job? Love that mentality
    At Notre Dame's level. As mentioned. there aren't too many programs that would dare try to come get Lemon from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    At Notre Dame's level. As mentioned. there aren't too many programs that would dare try to come get Lemon from us.
    Their level is kind of like us in football. People are either trying to hire you or trying to fire you. Oddly enough, their football level is where we are in baseball.

vCash
    But even if they improve their facilities for baseball, would fans come? I believe the announcers said the combined 3-game total for the Super was something like twice ND's total attendance for the entire home season. Apparently just a few hundred fans show up for a home game.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    But even if they improve their facilities for baseball, would fans come? I believe the announcers said the combined 3-game total for the Super was something like twice ND's total attendance for the entire home season. Apparently just a few hundred fans show up for a home game.
    ND HC Deserves credit. But he's lucky if a fraction of the fan base knows ND plays baseball. He will land elsewhere and do fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Exactly. their stadium holds 2500. they squeezed 3,927 in for the record in 07 per wiki
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Eck_Stadium
    Sad thing is they have a LOT of room that can be reclaimed and expanded upon. Adding some suites or club seats would be my first choice over the existing grandstand but they dont have the enthusiasm for it...
    Of course. they built that one back in 94. might be easier to start over.. that way they can incorporate the clubhouses and other things underneath.

It will never happen though.. and he will leave for a better place within 5 years I would say.