Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lemonis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    All you Lemonis haters are either retards or trolls.
    FIFY

vCash
    If he wins the NC he will be the greatest coach in Mississippi History. Not Mississippi State but Mississippi.

vCash
    Lem is a great coach and I don't think anyone could or would doubt that. He makes some head scratching decisions at times, but more times than not he's been proven right. I really feel like this season could go down as his best coaching job for years to come regardless of how it ends. I mean just think of what we've gone through as a team that he's guided us through: COVID, Bednar being injured the first 5 weeks, Cerrantola issues, The Hatcher situation, Skinner/Cumbest debates, Mizzou, SECT shellacking, and finally the Sunday game against ND. That's a ton of crap that's been thrown at him just to get the team to Omaha.

I've been hard at times this year on him, and deservedly so on a couple of things such as Hatcher still playing and Cumbest not playing, but to step back and take a look at what all we've made it through it's pretty impressive we're one of the last 8 teams standing.

vCash
    ?Only 8 teams make it to Omaha. We are one of them. Nothing else matters now.?

Indeed.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Lemonis is good. He makes mistakes, but all baseball coaches do. We cannot miss the forest through the trees here. The dude has put us in position to win not one, but two national championships in the same amount of years. That is impressive, especially coming off of the 3 previous coaches in 3 years business. Regardless of talent that is here or isn't here. Regardless that he didn't start Cumbest for over half the season. Even with all of that, we are still 4-5 wins away from winning the entire dang thing for the second year in a row.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Bunko did a pretty good coaching job getting his team within a game of Omaha after losing his #1

Lemon did an even better job getting this team to Omaha with the hitting line-up we have. This Punch and Judy squad found a way to get it done.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Bunko did a pretty good coaching job getting his team within a game of Omaha after losing his #1

Lemon did an even better job getting this team to Omaha with the hitting line-up we have. This Punch and Judy squad found a way to get it done.
    While I do think Lemonis has done a great coaching job with this group, don't think they get the credit offensively that they deserve sometimes. We have hit more homers as a team this year than any MSU team since the Gorilla Ball era of college baseball.

vCash

One game from Omaha is very far?I did not feel ?one game away? in 1989 or any other year the team was eliminated in a regional final. Either you are Omaha or you are a tread-stone or a head mounted to a wall.

By they go peak at the team stats for 2016 and compare to 2021. Who has more runs, RBI, HRs, and Slugging? JG quietly did a marvelous job while using very limited hitters in some positions. Imagine an alternate universe where Landon Jordan does not lose his mind and Hatcher was as good as his mom (Rex54) says he is.

vCash

even though we have several players with double digit homers--

Archimedes
    vCash

Without the right coach this team could have easily been a 30-35 win team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Misery loving company.
    Feel free to point out anything I said that's wrong.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monroedawg5646 View Post
    Feel free to point out anything I said that's wrong.
    The post is weak and those who support it are weak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    The post is weak and those who support it are weak.
    Like I said, let me know what's wrong.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monroedawg5646 View Post
    Like I said, let me know what's wrong.
    Questioning fan admiration of our coach.

vCash
    You guys that don't want to give lemonis the credit he deserves... name the last coach we had in any sport that inherited talent and didn't screw it up. In some way. I will wait. I would do anything to have a coach like that in every sport. Much less taken us to the promised land.