Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lemonis

vCash
    Maybe that helps offset the mess JC has made of the football program...(but not really).

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monroedawg5646 View Post
    I'm not sure why you feel the need to make a brand new post about the guy after every successful weekend. Like I've said before, the guy inherited a program that is white hot regardless of how many coaches blah blah excuse whatever. There's been some lifetime type players on each of his teams. Is he a bum? No. Is he elite? Idk. When every single moving part of the program has his signature on it and he continues to win 40-50, play in Supers, go to Omaha, or win it all then you'll know.
    Stop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monroedawg5646 View Post
    I'm not sure why you feel the need to make a brand new post about the guy after every successful weekend. Like I've said before, the guy inherited a program that is white hot regardless of how many coaches blah blah excuse whatever. There's been some lifetime type players on each of his teams. Is he a bum? No. Is he elite? Idk. When every single moving part of the program has his signature on it and he continues to win 40-50, play in Supers, go to Omaha, or win it all then you'll know.
    Exactly?..and the thing is this board and others have become so sensitive to anything that doesn?t adhere to the super positive narrative that it?s actually more fun to troll ya?ll than to try to have an intelligent conversation?..I?m not invested here so scooby or whoever can delete my account since y?all have capitulated to this current cancel culture BS??see y?all in Omaha

vCash
    If we lost last night I think the responses are different. Unfortunatelty fans don?t look at the growth they look at the mistakes that are going to happen. We aren?t competing against weakness usually top tier talent. I?m not gonna look back but check the melts after Mizzou and in the SEC tournament. The dissatisfaction was there and it was strong. Now 1 win last night attitude changes for some. Funny thing is the hate will show up again in next 2 weeks if we don?t win it all. Then if we do win it all we will have several bitching next year if we aren?t top tier. Fans be fans and it?s actually a shame sometimes

vCash
    He could win our first national title in school history and people would still try to argue he’s not that great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    He could win our first national title in school history and people would still try to argue he’s not that great.
    I don't know about that. MSU fans tend to be extremely loyal to coaches that reach or exceed expectations. See Vic Shaeffer and Ron Polk. Heck- Rick Stansbury and Jackie. That's why it takes a long time to get rid of a MSU coach who is in obvious decline sometimes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I think there are no Lemonis "haters", just some non Lemonis "worshipers".

Nobody has said he is a bad coach (find the post?)
    During his first season, resident baseball expert Todd4State posted: ?Lemonis is a bust and he will run the program in the ground in 2 years.?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tibbons View Post
    During his first season, resident baseball expert Todd4State posted: ?Lemonis is a bust and he will run the program in the ground in 2 years.?
    Really?? That's too funny.

vCash
    He should have had Harding in the Game 3 role all year, and Cumbest should have been playing LF all year like I said many times on this board. Other than that, he did a great job this season.

As far as being elite, as the Zen Master said, we'll see.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't know about that. MSU fans tend to be extremely loyal to coaches that reach or exceed expectations. See Vic Shaeffer and Ron Polk. Heck- Rick Stansbury and Jackie. That's why it takes a long time to get rid of a MSU coach who is in obvious decline sometimes.
    Edited to delete. Posted under misunderstanding.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 06-17-2021 at 09:20 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    All you Lemonis haters are either retards or trolls.
    FIFY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    If we lost last night I think the responses are different. Unfortunatelty fans don?t look at the growth they look at the mistakes that are going to happen. We aren?t competing against weakness usually top tier talent. I?m not gonna look back but check the melts after Mizzou and in the SEC tournament. The dissatisfaction was there and it was strong. Now 1 win last night attitude changes for some. Funny thing is the hate will show up again in next 2 weeks if we don?t win it all. Then if we do win it all we will have several bitching next year if we aren?t top tier. Fans be fans and it?s actually a shame sometimes
    Fans put too much weight into individual post seasons in general. 2019 or this year could have ended differently pretty easily. If Notre Dame had made fewer errors in game one and we got swept, how much differently would people feel about Lemonis, even though he'd essentially be the same coach? Now obviously those what ifs can be played on either side and tend to balance out over time, but they certainly don't balance out in one series.

vCash
    If he wins the NC he will be the greatest coach in Mississippi History. Not Mississippi State but Mississippi.

vCash
    Lem is a great coach and I don't think anyone could or would doubt that. He makes some head scratching decisions at times, but more times than not he's been proven right. I really feel like this season could go down as his best coaching job for years to come regardless of how it ends. I mean just think of what we've gone through as a team that he's guided us through: COVID, Bednar being injured the first 5 weeks, Cerrantola issues, The Hatcher situation, Skinner/Cumbest debates, Mizzou, SECT shellacking, and finally the Sunday game against ND. That's a ton of crap that's been thrown at him just to get the team to Omaha.

I've been hard at times this year on him, and deservedly so on a couple of things such as Hatcher still playing and Cumbest not playing, but to step back and take a look at what all we've made it through it's pretty impressive we're one of the last 8 teams standing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Fans put too much weight into individual post seasons in general. 2019 or this year could have ended differently pretty easily. If Notre Dame had made fewer errors in game one and we got swept, how much differently would people feel about Lemonis, even though he'd essentially be the same coach? Now obviously those what ifs can be played on either side and tend to balance out over time, but they certainly don't balance out in one series.
    But it didn’t happen. They made those errors just like we shit the bed against Mizzu. Who gives a shit, we’re going to Omaha…

This shit about yea but what if this and that would have happened we would be sitting at home right now. I swear we are our own worst enemy then wanna bitch about not getting respect from anyone.

Only 8 teams make it to Omaha. We are one of them. Nothing else matters now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    But it didn?t happen. They made those errors just like we shit the bed against Mizzu. Who gives a shit, we?re going to Omaha?

This shit about yea but what if this and that would have happened we would be sitting at home right now. I swear we are our own worst enemy then wanna bitch about not getting respect from anyone.

Only 8 teams make it to Omaha. We are one of them. Nothing else matters now.
    ^^This. Every team makes errors. Heck, we've dropped some games this season because of Errors from the left side of our infield. So I don't feel sorry for Notre Dame. They had three chances to prove they were the better team and couldn't get it done.

vCash
    ?Only 8 teams make it to Omaha. We are one of them. Nothing else matters now.?

Indeed.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Lemonis is good. He makes mistakes, but all baseball coaches do. We cannot miss the forest through the trees here. The dude has put us in position to win not one, but two national championships in the same amount of years. That is impressive, especially coming off of the 3 previous coaches in 3 years business. Regardless of talent that is here or isn't here. Regardless that he didn't start Cumbest for over half the season. Even with all of that, we are still 4-5 wins away from winning the entire dang thing for the second year in a row.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    ^^This. Every team makes errors. Heck, we've dropped some games this season because of Errors from the left side of our infield. So I don't feel sorry for Notre Dame. They had three chances to prove they were the better team and couldn't get it done.
    Hell, they probably are the better team. Arkansas is better than NC State. No doubt. But, you have to do it on the field. And neither did.
    Arizona is better than Ole Miss though. We can all agree with that.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Bunko did a pretty good coaching job getting his team within a game of Omaha after losing his #1

Lemon did an even better job getting this team to Omaha with the hitting line-up we have. This Punch and Judy squad found a way to get it done.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is