Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lemonis

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Bunko did a pretty good coaching job getting his team within a game of Omaha after losing his #1

Lemon did an even better job getting this team to Omaha with the hitting line-up we have. This Punch and Judy squad found a way to get it done.
    Without the right coach this team could have easily been a 30-35 win team.

vCash
    Bunko did a pretty good coaching job getting his team within a game of Omaha after losing his #1

Lemon did an even better job getting this team to Omaha with the hitting line-up we have. This Punch and Judy squad found a way to get it done.
    While I do think Lemonis has done a great coaching job with this group, don't think they get the credit offensively that they deserve sometimes. We have hit more homers as a team this year than any MSU team since the Gorilla Ball era of college baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    He should have had Harding in the Game 3 role all year, and Cumbest should have been playing LF all year like I said many times on this board. Other than that, he did a great job this season.

As far as being elite, as the Zen Master said, we'll see.
    the fact he left Hatcher at first for long time is also a head Scratcher. Not bringing in Sims in game 3 of SC game-wasn't smart. The fact that we chocked away the SEC championship coming down the stretch is also not good. The fact we got embarrassed at Hoover-is disturbing.. The fact that he pulled the shift on a guy below the mendoza line leading off an inning( the guy bunted for an easy hit), left me going WTF. And not playing Brad might be the worst . also the fact that we don't have a better SS ready to play SEC ball, is beyond comprehension . So yes we are going to Omaha but it isn't like Coach hasn't done some stuff that caused some people to wonder is he the Guru of all baseball.

vCash

One game from Omaha is very far?I did not feel ?one game away? in 1989 or any other year the team was eliminated in a regional final. Either you are Omaha or you are a tread-stone or a head mounted to a wall.

By they go peak at the team stats for 2016 and compare to 2021. Who has more runs, RBI, HRs, and Slugging? JG quietly did a marvelous job while using very limited hitters in some positions. Imagine an alternate universe where Landon Jordan does not lose his mind and Hatcher was as good as his mom (Rex54) says he is.

vCash

even though we have several players with double digit homers--

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monroedawg5646 View Post
    I'm not sure why you feel the need to make a brand new post about the guy after every successful weekend. Like I've said before, the guy inherited a program that is white hot regardless of how many coaches blah blah excuse whatever. There's been some lifetime type players on each of his teams. Is he a bum? No. Is he elite? Idk. When every single moving part of the program has his signature on it and he continues to win 40-50, play in Supers, go to Omaha, or win it all then you'll know.
    THIS^^^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    the fact he left Hatcher at first for long time is also a head Scratcher. Not bringing in Sims in game 3 of SC game-wasn't smart. The fact that we chocked away the SEC championship coming down the stretch is also not good. The fact we got embarrassed at Hoover-is disturbing.. The fact that he pulled the shift on a guy below the mendoza line leading off an inning( the guy bunted for an easy hit), left me going WTF. And not playing Brad might be the worst . also the fact that we don't have a better SS ready to play SEC ball, is beyond comprehension . So yes we are going to Omaha but it isn't like Coach hasn't done some stuff that caused some people to wonder is he the Guru of all baseball.
    Sims wasn't available in the third game in sc. I'll leave it at that.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    THIS^^^^
    Misery loving company.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Misery loving company.
    Feel free to point out anything I said that's wrong.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Sims wasn't available in the third game in sc. I'll leave it at that.
    I heard this too
    Romans 5:8

Banned
    vCash
    Feel free to point out anything I said that's wrong.
    The post is weak and those who support it are weak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    The post is weak and those who support it are weak.
    Like I said, let me know what's wrong.

Banned
    vCash
    Like I said, let me know what's wrong.
    Questioning fan admiration of our coach.

vCash
    You guys that don't want to give lemonis the credit he deserves... name the last coach we had in any sport that inherited talent and didn't screw it up. In some way. I will wait. I would do anything to have a coach like that in every sport. Much less taken us to the promised land.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Hatcher has power. Hatcher has hit .280 his entire time in college I believe. You happen to believe a guy like that, who gets hits in spots, is going to revert to the mean...... but he didn't. I don't have any issues with Hatcher. I just want people coming to the plate to protect the plate, see the ball hit the ball, and just put the lumber to it. Look the other way. Get bunts down. Make sure we are maximizing our opportunities while making the other team pay for mistakes. We are surrendering too many at bats at the moment.
    Downvotes_Hype