Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lemonis

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash

Lemonis

Regardless of what happens All you Lemonis haters need to admit your insanity. What this man is doing is legendary. I?ve been saying since we hired him, he will be the next Dan McDonnell. The list of things hes done here in two full years is Literally staggering. Pay this man 1.2 mil and leave him alone.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    This all day. Best tactician and reader of a team that we've had over the last 2 decades I think.

He pushes the right buttons and knows his players. Constantly trying to see what works best so that when it's go time, he's got a fair evaluation of what he has to work with.

I do think he will have his work cut out for him next year but you have to be impressed with what he's done so far.

vCash
    Louisville seems to be in a decline since the players Lemonis has recruited have left.

This team even though they are clearly better and the situation isn't the same is in some ways similar to our 2011 team that Cohen had that went to a SR. We have a mix of recruits from Cann and Henderson and are playing some freshman and have a transfer at second base. It's basically a hodge podge of scrappy players. Based on recruiting Lemonis is bringing in more power hitters and power arm pitchers like Fristoe, Cade Smith, and Tepper. I think some of our pitching struggles are because some of our guys don't quite completely fit Foxhall's philosophy and we need guys that can run it up there with a little more velo for it to work like it's supposed to. See Landon Sims. Defense does need to improve but we're also playing our corner infielders out of their natural positions and have a freshman shortstop. That's kind of a recipe for shaky defense.

In short- the future if very bright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Regardless of what happens All you Lemonis haters need to admit your insanity. What this man is doing is legendary. I?ve been saying since we hired him, he will be the next Dan McDonnell. The list of things hes done here in two full years is Literally staggering. Pay this man 1.2 mil and leave him alone.
    I think there are no Lemonis "haters", just some non Lemonis "worshipers".

Nobody has said he is a bad coach (find the post?), some have wondered if he is not a "great" coach. He has a great demeaner and I certainly like the stability, all solidly "very good".

It was in the context of deciding between: Player Motivation, Team Focus, SEC Championship not being a Motivation, Defensive Crispness, and 2021 Pitching staff development.

"Staggering" is a stretch in my opinion. He inherited 3 First Round Picks, 6 overall single-digit draft picks, maybe another two this year, an SEC POY, Jake Mangum, New Stadium, and an Omaha Team. Yeah, he could have Moorehead'ed the program, that would be a "bad" coach.

Is MSU beating Notre Dame at Home in a Super Regional staggering to you? Then you must thing somebody that beat Vanderbilt in a Super Regional in Nashville should be coaching the Yankees, like Henderson.

He is putting together accomplishments and pieces of achievement that is trending to "Greatness", I can concede that. He's doubled the Omaha trips of Bianco and did not need 50 years to do it. Due to baseball recruiting practices, he does not have a true Lemonis class yet, this year is probably 75% Lemonis, they have not played yet.

vCash
    We have 12 CWS trips ever. In 2 years Lemonis has 2 of them.

We act like the CWS is our birthright, but it really isn't in terms of our history. Our program is in the best shape it's ever been in by far. Cohen is primarily the person to credit, but several others deserve a lot of credit as well, and Lemonis seems to have refined the train.

vCash
    Pay the man. Make sure the buyout is such that he isn?t even being looked at by other schools.

Then if things are still good in year 4 with a team full of his guys, make him the highest paid Baseball coach we?ve ever had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Pay the man. Make sure the buyout is such that he isn?t even being looked at by other schools.

Then if things are still good in year 4 with a team full of his guys, make him the highest paid Baseball coach we?ve ever had.
    What other schools would realistically walk into Starkville and take our baseball coach? What job is better? Dudes dad went to State, he played at the citadel and they ain’t paying him what we pay now. Not a single team is gonna come after our coach and poach him. We are ****in college baseball dude… (in my opinion of course)

Banned
    vCash
    Good thread Preach. I wouldn't trade with any other college baseball program despite no nattys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    What other schools would realistically walk into Starkville and take our baseball coach? What job is better? Dudes dad went to State, he played at the citadel and they ain’t paying him what we pay now. Not a single team is gonna come after our coach and poach him. We are ****in college baseball dude… (in my opinion of course)
    You are not wrong.

vCash
    This.

vCash
    What other schools would realistically walk into Starkville and take our baseball coach? What job is better? Dudes dad went to State, he played at the citadel and they ain?t paying him what we pay now. Not a single team is gonna come after our coach and poach him. We are ****in college baseball dude? (in my opinion of course)
    I?m not even saying that he would leave, I don?t think that?s the case. My point is you want to move forward in a way that it isn?t even in the cards, because even rumors can have an impact on your teams and recruiting. You don?t want his name out there every year like McDonnel, Tadlock, Sully, etc? Only paying a coach, who has gone to Omaha in his first 2 years, 600k is begging for his agent to keep his name out there to test the water and negotiate a raise.

That being said, nothing is ever for sure. McMahon left, Florida is constantly having to sweat the threat of losing Sully, Ole Miss is about to lose Bianco (albeit to his alma mater). Hell, Vandy is still having to fight Corbin rumors on an annual basis. He wouldn?t be the first coach to keep their name on the market even though they had no intent of ever leaving, hello Tim Tadlock.

Again, I don?t think Chris is going anywhere. My point was to try and make sure it isn?t even a possibility.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-15-2021 at 02:12 PM.

vCash
    I'm anxious to see what Lemonis does with teams made up entirely of his recruits, but I feel confident he'll do great based on the fact that his classes are ranked highly and he's done a great job with the group he inherited. This year's team to me was going to be a more improbable Omaha team than Lemonis' first team in 2019, but he took us to a national seed and got us there again anyway. That has to say something about his coaching ability, doesn't it? If he's really the recruiter that Cohen and everyone else claims Lemonis is, then this program should be set up for a long haul of success that we never even experienced under Polk. As it is, we're going to Omaha for our third straight full season. A THIRD of our trips all-time have happened since and including 2013. Throw in the best stadium and atmosphere in college baseball and the "Dude Effect," and I see no reason why we can't expect to keep making fairly regular trips to Omaha. The more trips, the better the chance we finally get a title.

One last note. I've had my concerns about John Cohen as AD, but one thing I'll never question is what he did to save MSU baseball. Everything from reviving the team when he was coach to the stadium getting built, just everything. He set us on a path for unprecedented success.

Archimedes
    vCash
    The whole staff is getting big bumps. Chris Will be over 7 figures and Jake and Foxhall will be north of what most mid level schools pay hc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    The whole staff is getting big bumps. Chris Will be over 7 figures and Jake and Foxhall will be north of what most mid level schools pay hc.
    Sounds right - Lemonis is now a Multi-CWS guy. The SEC wins are also standout. I especially like the staff

Cheese is basically awesome with catchers. He’s stewarding Logan Tanner to 1st round pick status. He fixed Skelton as a fast turnaround.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Sounds right - Lemonis is now a Multi-CWS guy. The SEC wins are also standout. I especially like the staff

Cheese is basically awesome with catchers. He’s stewarding Logan Tanner to 1st round pick status. He fixed Skelton as a fast turnaround.
    If Gautreau ever leaves I expect we would promote Cheese to hitting coach as well (which he was at Indiana) and hire a new volunteer assistant. Cheese does a great job and he’s Lem’s boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I think there are no Lemonis "haters", just some non Lemonis "worshipers".

Nobody has said he is a bad coach (find the post?), some have wondered if he is not a "great" coach.

Here ya go... and before you say "Okay one guy", save it, there are more but I'm not wasting my time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    I'm anxious to see what Lemonis does with teams made up entirely of his recruits, but I feel confident he'll do great based on the fact that his classes are ranked highly and he's done a great job with the group he inherited. This year's team to me was going to be a more improbable Omaha team than Lemonis' first team in 2019, but he took us to a national seed and got us there again anyway. That has to say something about his coaching ability, doesn't it? If he's really the recruiter that Cohen and everyone else claims Lemonis is, then this program should be set up for a long haul of success that we never even experienced under Polk. As it is, we're going to Omaha for our third straight full season. A THIRD of our trips all-time have happened since and including 2013. Throw in the best stadium and atmosphere in college baseball and the "Dude Effect," and I see no reason why we can't expect to keep making fairly regular trips to Omaha. The more trips, the better the chance we finally get a title.

One last note. I've had my concerns about John Cohen as AD, but one thing I'll never question is what he did to save MSU baseball. Everything from reviving the team when he was coach to the stadium getting built, just everything. He set us on a path for unprecedented success.
    There is a reason Louisville has been gradually trending down since Lemonis left. He recruited most of the guys there when they were a power. He is gonna recruit lights out here. Just baseball has such a large window with recruits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post

Here ya go... and before you say "Okay one guy", save it, there are more but I'm not wasting my time.
    Fast reply, looks like your right and I'm wrong. "Doggie_Style" said it and he invoked Moorhead. There is a Lemonis "Hater" among us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post

He should at the very least surpass the salary we pay the women's basketball coach, and he doesn't.

vCash
    I'm not sure why you feel the need to make a brand new post about the guy after every successful weekend. Like I've said before, the guy inherited a program that is white hot regardless of how many coaches blah blah excuse whatever. There's been some lifetime type players on each of his teams. Is he a bum? No. Is he elite? Idk. When every single moving part of the program has his signature on it and he continues to win 40-50, play in Supers, go to Omaha, or win it all then you'll know.