Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
Yep baseball is a constant chess match and patience is required. Games are long and seasons are long. The best baseball coaches are the ones that see moves ahead and play the long game. Reactionary doesn't play well as a baseball coach
Agree 100%.

I wonder if DVH wishes he would have "developed" more pitching down the stretch so that Arky wasn't so "thin" against the better teams in America at season's end? But kudos to Kevin Kopps, who definitely had an electric year but is now sitting at home as the short-game was chosen by DVH.

I wonder if Bianco wishes he would've pulled Hoglund in earlier innings to maybe not wear his arm out but to also "develop" more pitching for the better teams in America at season's end? But kudos to Nikhazy, who definitely had an electric year but is now sitting at home as the short-game was chosen by Bianco.

I wonder if Manieri wishes he would've not pitched Jaden Hill so much early in the season when winning every game really didn't matter, which came at the expense of not developing additional pitching. Again, the short-game was chosen by Manieri.

I like to think that by Lemonis & Foxhall choosing to play the long game with our pitching staff, we've develop our pitching so that we can make a run... we'll see.