Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soak this is up...

vCash

Soak this is up...

Over the past 10 season. (not including 2020 of course).

9/10 years in NCAA tournament.

7/10 years have made super regional - including 5 straight

4/10 years made Omaha including 3 straight currently, including a 3rd and 2nd place finish.

4 different head coaches in last 5 seasons.

This ain't the baseball program Polk left us. We are pulling away in the state and in the SEC.

vCash
    We are in the Golden Age of MSU baseball. Sit back and enjoy it fellas.

All that's left is a national championship. We may get it this year. We may not. But I believe we are SO close. This is a helluva ride.

vCash
    A realistic goal for us every year is make a super. Between match ups, teams getting hot, and just the fact that baseball is baseball you can?t expect a trip every year?.but think about the fact that Allen and rowdy have never finished a full season without goin to Omaha.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    And with a more competitive SEC. most other programs care about baseball now and have invested. That makes it even more stunning.

vCash
    The several posts yesterday about Lemonis being a shitty coach are something, though...really makes one wince. The kind of broken brain'ness that can't be explained by science, lol.

The dude has taken us to back-to-back CWS's as back-to-back national seeds. Not only that, but he did it his way this year (I don't think anyone can argue with that): Using the much hated "shift", the "babying" of pitchers, the not yanking guys when he should, the not pitching Sims to win against Mizzou/SC, being run-ruled in the SECT (Oh God, will we ever recover from that embarrassment?*), etc., etc., etc.

The guy knows what he's doing, and "lucky to have him" doesn't really encapsulate it, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    The several posts yesterday about Lemonis being a shitty coach are something, though...really makes one wince. The kind of broken brain'ness that can't be explained by science, lol.

The dude has taken us to back-to-back CWS's as back-to-back national seeds. Not only that, but he did it his way this year (I don't think anyone can argue with that): Using the much hated "shift", the "babying" of pitchers, the not yanking guys when he should, the not pitching Sims to win against Mizzou/SC, being run-ruled in the SECT (Oh God, will we ever recover from that embarrassment?*), etc., etc., etc.

The guy knows what he's doing, and "lucky to have him" doesn't really encapsulate it, lol.
    So many people just don't understand the game of baseball. It's different than any other sport. Can't bring your football mentality to baseball doesn't work. Lemonis is a dang good coach and the players respond to him. He's like a great jockey who knows when to use the whip!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    So many people just don't understand the game of baseball. It's different than any other sport. Can't bring your football mentality to baseball doesn't work. Lemonis is a dang good coach and the players respond to him. He's like a great jockey who knows when to use the whip!
    And yet everybody and there brother is an expert because they made the 8 yr old all star team outta mineral springs back in 87…

Only thing worse than second guessers in baseball are college umps!

vCash
    Word. I also think that the Moorhead debacle just broke some folk's brains when it comes to coaching. Still, as you said, baseball is different; marathon, not a sprint. And Lemo and staff geared this team up perfectly this season.

vCash
    We gotta have a Natty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    And yet everybody and there brother is an expert because they made the 8 yr old all star team outta mineral springs back in 87…

Only thing worse than second guessers in baseball are college umps!
    Yep baseball is a constant chess match and patience is required. Games are long and seasons are long. The best baseball coaches are the ones that see moves ahead and play the long game. Reactionary doesn't play well as a baseball coach

vCash
    Cohen and Byrne saved MSU baseball. The old guard at MSU or would admit that we were right all along.

I'm just glad that we have the baseball program that we all want.

vCash
    Spot. On.

Banned
    vCash
    Yep baseball is a constant chess match and patience is required. Games are long and seasons are long. The best baseball coaches are the ones that see moves ahead and play the long game. Reactionary doesn't play well as a baseball coach
    Well said. Too many of our fans are dumb Bitches who refuse to believe the truth.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 06-15-2021 at 08:19 AM.

vCash
    bUT wHy CuDNt COhNz pULL sChLOSSSSSS?!?!?!?!?!?

vCash
    Now I think we get to see the other side of Lemonis - can you handle the short season of Omaha? He didn't do well the first time out, and I think he learned from it (see his use of our pitchers).
    I'm hoping he is more Joe Torre than Bobby Cox when it comes to this. Both knew how to handle the grind of the season and keep the team together, prepared, and well focused, and are two of the best to have ever done it. But, Cox never seemed to go all in in the post season and Torre did. We need Lemonis to be Torre.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Now I think we get to see the other side of Lemonis - can you handle the short season of Omaha? He didn't do well the first time out, and I think he learned from it (see his use of our pitchers).
    I'm hoping he is more Joe Torre than Bobby Cox when it comes to this. Both knew how to handle the grind of the season and keep the team together, prepared, and well focused, and are two of the best to have ever done it. But, Cox never seemed to go all in in the post season and Torre did. We need Lemonis to be Torre.
    May be the toughest CWS ever! It’s me and many may be scared but I hope we beat Texas then play TN knock their sorry as bitch of a coach and sorry ass fan base! Then Texas knocks out Tn and we end up palying Vir for our side of bracket.

Icing on the cake as I never thought we were a top 8 team. Just goes to show team chemistry is so important and many times more so tha talent.

vCash
    And another thing to remember.. Thank you Greg Byrne and Dr Fogelsong.

We would never be where we are as an athletics department if not for those two changing the university from the old guard. (LT and Polk)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Icing on the cake as I never thought we were a top 8 team. Just goes to show team chemistry is so important and many times more so tha talent.
    I agree. Just look at Fresno St. and Coastal Carolina in the past. They were not one of the best 8 teams purely from a talent standpoint either but they have the natty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    A realistic goal for us every year is make a super. Between match ups, teams getting hot, and just the fact that baseball is baseball you can?t expect a trip every year?.but think about the fact that Allen and rowdy have never finished a full season without goin to Omaha.
    This. I hope our fanbase never forgets just how hard it is to make it to Omaha, much less win the thing in Omaha. Think about this. This is Texas's 38th trip to Omaha. They have won it just 6 times in those previous 37 trips. It's hard.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    This. I hope our fanbase never forgets just how hard it is to make it to Omaha, much less win the thing in Omaha. Think about this. This is Texas's 38th trip to Omaha. They have won it just 6 times in those previous 37 trips. It's hard.
    Good stat. Fl state too. But TX wins every 6 trips?
    Last edited by OLJWales; 06-15-2021 at 12:01 PM.