Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bianco to LSU gaining steam

vCash
    It will be Corbin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Don't see them hiring Bianca he's choked to many times in the postseason for their liking. They want another Bertman and that ain't bianca
    Agreed...

vCash
    You can't make this stuff up....

Bianco is headed to a "long ago planned trip to the Beach"......

https://247sports.com/college/ole-mi...nco-166642102/

He long ago planned a trip to the beach for the week of Omaha? Even he knew he was going to come up short again (no pun intended). Hahahaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sorrydog View Post
    It will be Corbin.
    Yeah he wants to leave a school where he as a legal cheating advantage over everyone else....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sorrydog View Post
    It will be Corbin.
    Why would he leave Vanderbilt? He won't have the same advantage at LSU and he'll more fans that care about winning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    You can't make this stuff up....

Bianco is headed to a "long ago planned trip to the Beach"......

https://247sports.com/college/ole-mi...nco-166642102/

He long ago planned a trip to the beach for the week of Omaha? Even he knew he was going to come up short again (no pun intended). Hahahaha
    Ole Miss leads the SEC in unintentional comedy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    If Bianco is responsible for crootin, booting him will bring cutcliff flashbacks.
    From what I have heard from an Ole Miss fan in our office, there is nothing in the Ole Miss baseball program he's not responsible for. Pitching changes, hitting philosophy, base running etc. He apparently struggles with allowing assistant coaches help in any way. Notice the pitching coach never makes mound visits. Also I am confused why LSU would even be looking at him, if they essentially had CPM retire because of the lack of recent success, why would you hire the biggest underachiever in all of college baseball. I honestly hope they hire him, that will make LSU worse. On top of that, Ole Miss will see how hard it is to pull the elite coaches they will expect. Then hopefully they hire a flop and two west powers will take steps back in the same hiring cycle. (Crosses Fingers)

vCash
    Is anyone else not thinking since LSU hasn’t announced a coach yet that it is prolly someone who is still coaching? The longer it drags out the more I’m thinking it may actually be Vitello…

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    It very well may be Vitello.
    But there's a lot of great coaches whose seasons just ended in the past 1-2 weeks. The coach from Campbell has done an amazing job, as has the VCU coach. Jarrett at ND has the moxey and swagger that LSU fans would be endeared to, and his style of coaching lends itself to their program. The La Tech coach has done a good job building in the shadows of LSU. And don't count out the coach that was just fired from A & M - he's better than that program suggested.
    The NC State coach isn't too shabby. Dallas Baptist coach has done very well. And the coach at Central Michigan has built a solid program there.
    I do think it is possibly Vitello. He knows he's in the front seat for some great opportunities - one of which is staying at Tenn, making them pay boocoo money and building it all from the ground up with his own name on top instead of just "being part of the storyline".

vCash
    I dont see Corbin leaving Vandy- as he said when he was offered our job- "I've got it too good here"

Bunko is Stands at Mississippi. He will have good seasons but will never win the big ones. He could probably get over the hump at LSU

Godwin will be tougher to pull away from ECU for Grenada Without The Lake than people think should it come to that. He's an ECU guy and building a national program.
    Last edited by Coach34; 06-17-2021 at 12:32 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I dont see Corbin leaving Vandy- as he said when he was offered our job- "I've got it too good here"

Bunko is Stands at Mississippi. He will have good seasons but will never win the big ones. He could probably get over the hump at LSU

Godwin will be tougher to pull away from ECU for Grenada Without The Lake than people than people think should it come to that. He's an ECU guy and building a national program.
    Godwin is also at the program his Dad coached at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    So was doing some reading tonight and have been seeing reports of Bianco to LSU almost done. Some say a announcement could come as early as tom.

Here is the kicker tho, every Ole Miss fan then chimes in saying well if that happens, we will go get Godwin or McDonnell. Both want our job 100%? Then saw a Twitter thing claiming Ole Miss was gonna offer 8mil over 4 years for a baseball coach and they would get whoever they wanted. That?s 2mil a year. If I?m not mistaken, the highest paid coach is 1.2mil.

How the jell is that? Just cause they were assistants there at one time? Godwin is at his alma mater and ain?t going anywhere. McDonnell has a pretty easy path through the ACC and has built Louisville, with the help of Lemonis, into what they are now.

I just don?t understand their thinking that they are some big blue blood baseball school?
    They seriously think the town Oxford is the most desired place to live for every coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Godwin is also at the program his Dad coached at.
    I didn't know that. I did read that Godwin grew up 30 minutes from campus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    They seriously think the town Oxford is the most desired place to live for every coach.
    No they just think they are a top 5 job and that McDonald or Godwin would crawl to Oxford just cause they “used” to coach under Bianco… They will loose Bianco, hire an up and comer, and then spin it to where the up and comer was always their first choice all along.