Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bianco to LSU gaining steam

vCash

Bianco to LSU gaining steam

So was doing some reading tonight and have been seeing reports of Bianco to LSU almost done. Some say a announcement could come as early as tom.

Here is the kicker tho, every Ole Miss fan then chimes in saying well if that happens, we will go get Godwin or McDonnell. Both want our job 100%? Then saw a Twitter thing claiming Ole Miss was gonna offer 8mil over 4 years for a baseball coach and they would get whoever they wanted. That?s 2mil a year. If I?m not mistaken, the highest paid coach is 1.2mil.

How the jell is that? Just cause they were assistants there at one time? Godwin is at his alma mater and ain?t going anywhere. McDonnell has a pretty easy path through the ACC and has built Louisville, with the help of Lemonis, into what they are now.

I just don?t understand their thinking that they are some big blue blood baseball school?

On a side note, I honestly think Bianco would kill it at LSU. He has made Ole Miss something when they were nothing. I think it would be an excellent hire.

vCash
    It's not a coach thing up there....it's a culture thing. So they can hire whoever the hell they want.

vCash
    Cliff is the likeliest of hires, but even that is tricky, because he's at his Alma Mater and LOVES that place. I saw his postgame after losing to Vandy, and that does not look like a guy that wants to walk away from that place without taking them to the next level.

vCash
    Godwin currently makes 400K. He would leave for East Mississippi Community College if they threw 2M annually at him.

vCash
    Would McDonell come to MS where his best friend coaches the hated rival?

vCash
    Bianca to lsu is a smoke screen. He?s not their target.

vCash
    Don't see them hiring Bianca he's choked to many times in the postseason for their liking. They want another Bertman and that ain't bianca

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Cliff is the likeliest of hires, but even that is tricky, because he's at his Alma Mater and LOVES that place. I saw his postgame after losing to Vandy, and that does not look like a guy that wants to walk away from that place without taking them to the next level.
    McDonnell isn't going to Ole Miss or LSU. Godwin might. He also might be trying to get another raise. Which is what he did when he claimed that we were interested in him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Don't see them hiring Bianca he's choked to many times in the postseason for their liking. They want another Bertman and that ain't bianca
    If they do hire him they have the same issues that MSU had in baseball from 2000-2013.

vCash
    Also- I imagine Bianco probably has a fairly steep buyout. I can't see Ole Miss waiving that. Reduce it- maybe/probably.

vCash
    I?m beginning to think Bianco to LSU is not going to happen. If it was Bianco, one would think the announcement would have been made today. Thinking it must be a coach with a team headed to Omaha. I could be wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    I?m beginning to think Bianco to LSU is not going to happen. If it was Bianco, one would think the announcement would have been made today. Thinking it must be a coach with a team headed to Omaha. I could be wrong.
    I don't know if LSU would hire him, but I'd give Link Jarrett a look. I was really impressed with his demeanor and the way his team played. I think he could land a big time job somewhere.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I don't know if LSU would hire him, but I'd give Link Jarrett a look. I was really impressed with his demeanor and the way his team played. I think he could land a big time job somewhere.
    If I were the one looking, I would give a call to Jarrett.

vCash
    Guys it is so funny reading the Ole Miss board about this Bianco stuff. First their guy Douche Garrett told them LSU wants Bianco and Keith Carter would gladly let him go bc he expects more from Ole Miss baseball. So all the Ole Miss people start saying who they want as their new coach. Then Garrett says they will offer 2 million or whatever it takes per year and land McDonnell or Godwin, whichever one they want, almost guaranteed. Now today since it looks like LSU doesn't want Mini Mike, Garrett is telling their sheep that the LSU offer isn't more than he's making at Ole Miss so he will probably stay. It's always slanted as "Ole Miss demands excellence and has the means to do what they want", yet they could very easily end up with more years of Mike. It is so hilarious watching them act like they are the greatest and then spinning the hell out of it when it inevitably turns out that they are not. Hahaha

vCash
    OM isn't paying $2MM. Their fans are 17tards. LSU isn't paying $2MM either, & they're about to take their coach.

vCash
    Seems that Bianco brings drama and baggage without being successful in a way that should excite LSU expectations. There is not a swaggering presence, he rather looks like Mr. Magoo. Plus, the "damaged goods" vibe that OM is demonstrating.

If you are LSU, would you not say, keep Mini Mike, I'll swing for McD or Vitello where the respective fanbases and administrators would hold vigil and pray for their retention.

If you are Bianco, maybe you feel super insulted. You play for the Tennessee or Louisville job, after Vitello or McD take the LSU job, and leave OM high and dry. Punishment for being ingrates.

It would not be that surprising if OM ends up with a Matt Luke situation and a toxic job. Especially with Cohen padding OM Regionals with Tennessee Tech and other powerhouses.

vCash
    Might not happen this time, but I can't wait for the day they do finally get their wish, get rid of Bianco and return to the cellar.

Banned
    vCash
    Bianco simply hasn't converted elite croots into elite results while having a bad reputation with pitcher's arms. Dont see why a powerhouse would want him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Might not happen this time, but I can't wait for the day they do finally get their wish, get rid of Bianco and return to the cellar.
    I could see a Rick Ray situation happening here if they get rid of Bianco and get turned down by their top couple dream coaches

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I could see a Rick Ray situation happening here if they get rid of Bianco and get turned down by their top couple dream coaches
    If Bianco is responsible for crootin, booting him will bring cutcliff flashbacks.