Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's National Bourbon Day...

vCash
    I guess I will have to break out the 12 yo Weller tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Not much a fan of theirs either.. but we all have different tastes. most recent batch of oceans just isn't my thing.
    As the Wine Appreciation prof at State said when discussing taste in wine -“do you like how it tastes? Then don’t listen to what anyone else says and just drink it.”
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Finally.. something posts something I don't have... yet.
    but I will this week actually finally.
    I haven't either, but only ever see the small batch in stores. I love Belle Meade Reserve, which is also MGP, so would be fun to get my hands on one of these and do a comparison.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    I haven't either, but only ever see the small batch in stores. I love Belle Meade Reserve, which is also MGP, so would be fun to get my hands on one of these and do a comparison.
    Enjoy the sourced mgp while you can now that they bough some other brands to sell their juice thru instead of selling to everyone else.

vCash
    that knob's gonna be drained before the game starts...

vCash
    She can drink me under the table.

vCash
    Which Knob is the wife getting on ??

vCash
    Alright, so who in here has heard of Woodinville?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Garvin View Post
    I guess I will have to break out the 12 yo Weller tonight.
    Ahh. Yet another one I haven't secured because Im not going the secondary route. That and full proof. Which I prefer of the two.

vCash
    I actually didn't know they did green label store picks. It's by far my least favorite weller. have a handle and 3/4 a 750 left of it. gonna use it for some Poor man's 4 grain once i get another bottle of OGD 114.
    Enjoy, and if you ever get to taste gold or straight from the barrel blantons.. you will be forever changed. I like blantons but rarely drink it anymore.
    Give me a Russels Reserve or Old Forrestor barrel strength any day instead.
    Same here about green label Weller. I bought it not having a clue what I had purchased. Just knew it was over priced but I hadn?t seen any in a while. Got home and when I was putting it up realized it was a store pick. Turned out to be one of the better bourbons I?ve ever tried.

vCash
    Alright, so who in here has heard of Woodinville?
    I have, but haven't had it. I've heard good things, but I'm a little gun shy on craft because I heard good things on New Riff and wasn't a fan. I know that's not fair though. And honestly it's not really in my area so I would have to hunt for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    I have, but haven't had it. I've heard good things, but I'm a little gun shy on craft because I heard good things on New Riff and wasn't a fan. I know that's not fair though. And honestly it's not really in my area so I would have to hunt for it.
    Do you like ryes? I love their standard 90 proof rye. And the port finished bourbon is the one they are best known for.

But the secret sauce is all the single barrel club or store picks that are cask strength.

vCash
    Ok, I'm switching to Weller. It's deserved.

vCash
    Do you like ryes? I love their standard 90 proof rye. And the port finished bourbon is the one they are best known for.

But the secret sauce is all the single barrel club or store picks that are cask strength.
    I like barely legal ryes like Pikesville or the WT/Russell's ryes, but not so much the 95/5 stuff.

I'll keep an eye out for a cask strength bourbon store pick though.

vCash
    Dettling cask strength for me.
    What a win. Uh cadaver may I ask where u got the smoke wagon??