Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's National Bourbon Day...

vCash

It's National Bourbon Day...

So I'm gonna start this on here... with tonight's game.. you are gonna want a pour either way.

So what are you going to break out tonight.
    My collection has now reached around 175 bottles (20-25 woodinville... if you don't know.. you NEED to know... and send me any single barrel cask strength you see...NOT KIDDING)

2 hours before I'm sitting on the couch. cowbell nearby and a pour in the glen.
    So whats it gonna be.

vCash
    my go to is evan williams. got a half a bottle of 1783 small batch i'm gonna nip on tonight

vCash
    Just going to start with George Dickel 12 YO.....if we win I might have a Dickel 15 YO Single Barrel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Just going to start with George Dickel 12 YO.....if we win I might have a Dickel 15 YO Single Barrel
    Now I know you really are a troll. TN doesn't make good bourbon.

vCash
    I've got some Weller 107, Eagle Rare, and Knob I've been working on. Think I'll start the game off with the Eagle Rare.

vCash
    lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I've got some Weller 107, Eagle Rare, and Knob I've been working on. Think I'll start the game off with the Eagle Rare.
    Good choice. Which Knob? I'm sure missing the store picks that came out last year. have several 14 year olds that are amazing.
    Same question with ER, regular or a store pick?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Good choice. Which Knob? I'm sure missing the store picks that came out last year. have several 14 year olds that are amazing.
    Same question with ER, regular or a store pick?
    Agreed!! All great pics and great questions Scooba!! Got some Weller Special Reserve store pick left and some Blantons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Agreed!! All great pics and great questions Scooba!! Got some Weller Special Reserve store pick left and some Blantons.
    I actually didn't know they did green label store picks. It's by far my least favorite weller. have a handle and 3/4 a 750 left of it. gonna use it for some Poor man's 4 grain once i get another bottle of OGD 114.
    Enjoy, and if you ever get to taste gold or straight from the barrel blantons.. you will be forever changed. I like blantons but rarely drink it anymore.
    Give me a Russels Reserve or Old Forrestor barrel strength any day instead.

vCash
    Which Knob?
    It's just the basic 9 year. I can get it in handles for a really good deal up here at one of my stores.

The ER is actually a store picked barrel from my local Total Wine (aka Disney Land, as far as I'm concerned).

vCash
    I think I’ll go Jefferson Reserve tonight. Good vibe from UVA’s win today
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    So I'm gonna start this on here... with tonight's game.. you are gonna want a pour either way.

So what are you going to break out tonight.
    My collection has now reached around 175 bottles (20-25 woodinville... if you don't know.. you NEED to know... and send me any single barrel cask strength you see...NOT KIDDING)

2 hours before I'm sitting on the couch. cowbell nearby and a pour in the glen.
    So whats it gonna be.
    Picked up a Russell's pick on Saturday that I plan to pop open. Warehouse F. Might have to compare to my A and E warehouse picks from last year if we start losing big or winning big.

vCash
    Weller 12, here.

vCash
    Smokewagon Uncut Unfiltered

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    It's just the basic 9 year. I can get it in handles for a really good deal up here at one of my stores.

The ER is actually a store picked barrel from my local Total Wine (aka Disney Land, as far as I'm concerned).
    try out the KC 12 year if ya can get one.. especially if you see a barrel proof one. the 15 year is not worth the money to me.
    ER store picks are the best. regular eagle rare is blended now and not single barrel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I think I’ll go Jefferson Reserve tonight. Good vibe from UVA’s win today
    Not much a fan of theirs either.. but we all have different tastes. most recent batch of oceans just isn't my thing.

vCash
    I'm getting on the Eagle Rare. The wife is getting on the Knob.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Picked up a Russell's pick on Saturday that I plan to pop open. Warehouse F. Might have to compare to my A and E warehouse picks from last year if we start losing big or winning big.
    Now we are talking.. I have a catch E and A i think at home...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Smokewagon Uncut Unfiltered
    Finally.. something posts something I don't have... yet.
    but I will this week actually finally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'm getting on the Eagle Rare. The wife is getting on the Knob.
    that knob's gonna be drained before the game starts...