Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Lemonis going with another one of his ?hunches? tomorrow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    It is different in todays game since there is a rule that getting kicked out of a game suspends you for the next game. Not many managers would go and kick dirt on the umpires feet if it meant not coaching the next game. Lemonis occasionally pushes it but Foxhall getting kicked out earlier this year caused him to not be able to call pitches in the next game.
    Not only that. Ur the ones thinking or saying Lemonis is soft doesn’t have a damn clue. He doesn’t throw players under the bus during games nor at press conferences. He is tough as nails on them away from the cameras and spot light.
    If some knew things I knew about what is going on they wouldn’t be so negative.
    Hell Lemonis is perfect but neither are Van Horn and others. Talk about poor decisions, it showed big time yesterday when Kopps right out of juice. But kudos to Kopps, without him Ark wouldn’t have been near as good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Not only that. Ur the ones thinking or saying Lemonis is soft doesn’t have a damn clue. He doesn’t throw players under the bus during games nor at press conferences. He is tough as nails on them away from the cameras and spot light.
    If some knew things I knew about what is going on they wouldn’t be so negative.
    Hell Lemonis is perfect but neither are Van Horn and others. Talk about poor decisions, it showed big time yesterday when Kopps right out of juice. But kudos to Kopps, without him Ark wouldn’t have been near as good.
    Yeah, Lemonis ain't soft. That I agree with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    As terrible as these umps are - the more we rode them the worse they got. If Lemonis had started really arguing they would have run him. And it wouldn't change a damn thing.
    I don't mind a coach getting tossed in a 9-1 game. He wasn't really doing much at that point. You think Cohen would sit on his hands? Hell no!

vCash
    Coot, u make it sound like we aren’t even playing for a CWS spot. I know u and all of us want to win, but there aren’t many “Billy Martin” Coaches. Lemonis is done a fine job, if not explain what we suck so bad IYO.
    You very seldom give credit but harp on “oh we aren’t worthy”.
    Base, Lemonis is a good coach. I'm not saying he's not. I'm just saying we're seeing things that he needs to fix. This is only year 2 in the SEC for him. I think some things he's still got to figure out. I'm not saying fire the guy. But a blind, deaf goat can get us to post season. We need more than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I don't mind a coach getting tossed in a 9-1 game. He wasn't really doing much at that point. You think Cohen would sit on his hands? Hell no!
    I would've preferred to not have our HC be suspended for Game 3 with the season on the line. But hey, that's just me.

vCash
    I wouldn't use Simmons to close unless we have a large lead. Don't trust him that much.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I doubt it. Harding has had some good starts. He beat a good Texas Tech in Biloxi and USM team as a starter while he has been at MSU. I know he has a bad start against Mizzou but he should get another chance.
    In his last start in the regional, Harding pitched for 5 innings, 10 strikeouts, 2 walks, and 2 ER. Before that at Bama he pitched 5.2 innings, giving up 2 hits and 0 ER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I would've preferred to not have our HC be suspended for Game 3 with the season on the line. But hey, that's just me.
    I'm pretty sure the manager doesn't also miss the next game. Any other player or coach does get an additional game suspension, but not the manager.

vCash
    And if he got tossed, he's not around today. It's counter productive at this time of year to get yourself thrown out.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    And if he got tossed, he's not around today. It's counter productive at this time of year to get yourself thrown out.
    I don't think that's right. Everything I've found says the head coach just misses the rest of that game but any assistant, player, or other personnel will also be suspended an additional game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I don't think that's right. Everything I've found says the head coach just misses the rest of that game but any assistant, player, or other personnel will also be suspended an additional game.
    Maybe the tournament is different. I'm unaware that it is, but I was just assuming that ejection rules are blanket across all conferences.

vCash
    Base, Lemonis is a good coach. I'm not saying he's not. I'm just saying we're seeing things that he needs to fix. This is only year 2 in the SEC for him. I think some things he's still got to figure out. I'm not saying fire the guy. But a blind, deaf goat can get us to post season. We need more than that.
    Coot, actually u have good points! But like u say it’s only his third year. He is smart and well spoken, he will have a different team next year, hopefully we get infielders and a few pitchers step up big time as far as our Sec rotation.
    ND may smoke us today but IMO Harding has been our beat pitcher other than Sims the last few weeks. We just can’t walk batters and it’s a must playing flawless defense today.
    Only thing I wish was starting time today. I was hoping for 1 or 2 game time. Crowd should be electric today!

I ain’t mad ain’t this team, we have some issues and again have over achieved big time as I never thought we would be playing for a chance to go to CWS.

vCash
    Maybe the tournament is different. I'm unaware that it is, but I was just assuming that ejection rules are blanket across all conferences.
    Where have you seen that the manager gets an additional game suspension?

vCash
    Where have you seen that the manager gets an additional game suspension?
    I remember when Cohen got tossed in 2016 out in LA he had to sit for the Sunday game against Oklahoma. That's the last time I can remember a manager getting tossed for us.

vCash
    I remember when Cohen got tossed in 2016 out in LA he had to sit for the Sunday game against Oklahoma. That's the last time I can remember a manager getting tossed for us.
    Hmmm. What I'm seeing is that the manager just has to sit out the rest of the game in which he was ejected, but that if he continues to argue and receives a misconduct after the ejection, he can be further suspended. I don't know, maybe what I'm seeing is wrong or maybe they've changed it since 2016. But it seems the manager can be ejected and come back the next game.

vCash
    Coot, actually u have good points! But like u say it’s only his third year. He is smart and well spoken, he will have a different team next year, hopefully we get infielders and a few pitchers step up big time as far as our Sec rotation.
    ND may smoke us today but IMO Harding has been our beat pitcher other than Sims the last few weeks. We just can’t walk batters and it’s a must playing flawless defense today.
    Only thing I wish was starting time today. I was hoping for 1 or 2 game time. Crowd should be electric today!

I ain’t mad ain’t this team, we have some issues and again have over achieved big time as I never thought we would be playing for a chance to go to CWS.
    Yeah, I'm a little brash and abrasive in my comments. But I'm just of the opinion you can't win big with bad defense. That's really my only knock with him at this point. And like I said, maybe that changes with his players coming in and taking over. The inconsistencies this year have worn on me I think. Maybe expectations were too high. I thought the pitching staff would get us top 4 and with luck, we'd have a shot at top 2. Got to win today to get there.

vCash
    Hmmm. What I'm seeing is that the manager just has to sit out the rest of the game in which he was ejected, but that if he continues to argue and receives a misconduct after the ejection, he can be further suspended. I don't know, maybe what I'm seeing is wrong or maybe they've changed it since 2016. But it seems the manager can be ejected and come back the next game.
    Well this did happen because he got tossed and then kept arguing and then Gavin Collins got tossed which made him even angrier.

vCash
    He'll start Hootie and use Sims however he needs to use him. If it's early, then we'll get a big dose of we're 17'd the rest of the way.
    It don't matter who we start if we don't hit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    This is probably a bigger concern to me. We've got to hit better and have patience at the plate. We let their staff off the hook last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    True. And we never know when we will. Our patience at the plate and ability to read the pitch & adjust seems to have fallen off end of the year.