Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Lemonis going with another one of his ?hunches? tomorrow

vCash

Is Lemonis going with another one of his ?hunches? tomorrow

And starting Fristoe?

vCash
    Lord no. Did you see how fast he waddled out there to get the ball from him the last time he pitched? Fristoe is lucky he's allowed in the dugout after all those walks. I'd be stunned if we see Fristoe tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised to see something crazy like Stinnett or somebody start, go an inning or two, then Hooty, then Sims though. Keep them completely off balance with speeds and arm slots.

vCash
    In my opinion, you have to think it's feasible to get a complete game out of Hooty and Sims...so if you don't start Harding, start Sims. Then if you need one inning I guess you go Stinnett to close

vCash
    I doubt it. Harding has had some good starts. He beat a good Texas Tech in Biloxi and USM team as a starter while he has been at MSU. I know he has a bad start against Mizzou but he should get another chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    In my opinion, you have to think it's feasible to get a complete game out of Hooty and Sims...so if you don't start Harding, start Sims. Then if you need one inning I guess you go Stinnett to close
    I think he might use Simmons to close.

vCash
    Say what you will about Lemonis, but he's last guy who manages on "hunches"

vCash
    I have a hunch you use an iphone and haven't read the idiot's guide to posting***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    And starting Fristoe?
    No, that won’t happen.

vCash
    He'll start Hootie and use Sims however he needs to use him. If it's early, then we'll get a big dose of we're 17'd the rest of the way.

vCash
    When are we going to stop acting like Lemon is not a good coach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post

When he is coaching somewhere else. That's the MSU way.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I believe you go with what worked last Monday. Start Houston. Johnson, Stinnett and Sims. If things go south early bring in Sims early.

I have to believe you send the message to the Team that this worked last Monday. It works today.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 06-14-2021 at 08:13 AM.

vCash
    When one or more aspects of the team improved over the course of a baseball season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    When one or more aspects of the team improved over the course of a baseball season
    You just keep looking for random statistics and perfection and never be satisfied. I'll be satisfied with wins, and be dang proud of having a team competing to go to Omaha AGAIN.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    When his teams can be fundamentally sound. There's no excuse for all of his teams to suck defensively. Starters need another pitch. Develop some guys! Teach them something they didn't come here with. They've regressed this year.
    And for god's sake, get off the bucket and go get your players backs when the umpiring is so horrendous they can't even get a pop up 10 feet fair right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    When his teams can be fundamentally sound. There's no excuse for all of his teams to suck defensively. Starters need another pitch. Develop some guys! Teach them something they didn't come here with. They've regressed this year.
    And for god's sake, get off the bucket and go get your players backs when the umpiring is so horrendous they can't even get a pop up 10 feet fair right.
    Coot, u make it sound like we aren’t even playing for a CWS spot. I know u and all of us want to win, but there aren’t many “Billy Martin” Coaches. Lemonis is done a fine job, if not explain what we suck so bad IYO.
    You very seldom give credit but harp on “oh we aren’t worthy”.

vCash
    There's a few options but imo here are the best two:

Option A (What I Would Do)- Start Landon and try to get 75-90 pitches from him and then go to Hootie, Simmons, Stinnett, Johnson, whoever we got left and hold on for dear life.

Option B (What We'll Probably Do)- Start Hootie and try to get 75-90 pitches from him and you go to Landon at the first sign of trouble.

Wild Card- Start Simmons or Stinnett and have Hootie hot in the bullpen ready to go at the first sign of trouble.

I lean towards starting Landon because his ability to get them out and throw strikes. We need to put up some zeros early.

vCash
    I think we go Harding, Stinnett, Simmons, Johnson, Sims today. That should get us thru 9.

We gonna have to score 6-7 runs to win it I believe. Our day at the plate likely decides if we move on or not
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Coot, u make it sound like we aren’t even playing for a CWS spot. I know u and all of us want to win, but there aren’t many “Billy Martin” Coaches. Lemonis is done a fine job, if not explain what we suck so bad IYO.
    You very seldom give credit but harp on “oh we aren’t worthy”.
    It is different in todays game since there is a rule that getting kicked out of a game suspends you for the next game. Not many managers would go and kick dirt on the umpires feet if it meant not coaching the next game. Lemonis occasionally pushes it but Foxhall getting kicked out earlier this year caused him to not be able to call pitches in the next game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    It is different in todays game since there is a rule that getting kicked out of a game suspends you for the next game. Not many managers would go and kick dirt on the umpires feet if it meant not coaching the next game. Lemonis occasionally pushes it but Foxhall getting kicked out earlier this year caused him to not be able to call pitches in the next game.
    As terrible as these umps are - the more we rode them the worse they got. If Lemonis had started really arguing they would have run him. And it wouldn't change a damn thing.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18