Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We may very well get smoked in Game 3....

vCash

We may very well get smoked in Game 3....

But for the next 24 hours I will be enjoying the hell out of watching Ole Miss fans melt over not going to Omaha again.

O. M. A. H. A. You know what it stands for Rebs.

vCash
    This!!!

vCash
    I'm pretty sure the reason we lost today was because us winning to go to Omaha and Ole Miss, Arkansas, and LSU all getting eliminated on the same day is just too good of a baseball day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm pretty sure the reason we lost today was because us winning to go to Omaha and Ole Miss, Arkansas, and LSU all getting eliminated on the same day is just too good of a baseball day.
    Ya know, I think you're right

vCash

vCash
    The baseball gods do have a way of evening things out.

vCash
    I think things are even going into today’s game.

1). ND has better hitting and defense.

2). MSU has better pitching depth and home field advantage.

I don’t think yesterday game has no effect with this team, now us fans, big time. Amazing me some ED are talking about how bad out coaching is. If so why in the hell on God’s Green Earth have we won so many games the last 3 years with this staff? Its just being an awful chair back wanna be sideline Coach. There is not a damn thing wrong with this staff, it’s what RP coined many years ago after a terrible loss, “That’s Baseball”!!!!!

I like our chances at home today, this team has been really good and yes we have been really bad but the good has been way better than the bad!

Prediction, it will be something like 10-8 game today.

HailState, yes I Bleed Maroon! Tanner Allen has a bug game today!

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Baseball is a crapshoot once you get to super regionals. Everyone is good and/or hot. Arkansas obliterated everyone all year and they are at the house. Let?s catch some breaks today! Hail State!

vCash
    I just think Hardy is good match up against ND. Kinda like ND pitcher yesterday, throw strikes, limit walks and play good defense.

One thing about tonight’s game, gonna be exciting., we all have seen some dramatic games during our regional history!

Plus look at pitchers who haven’t been teams #1&2 pitchers have a great day pitching in deciding games over the years.

vCash
    We have the clear pitching advantage in this one. If we use Sims like we should and the other arms we have available, it's hard for me to see them getting to 8+ runs. Just score some runs ourselves and we should be fine.

vCash
    I actually think the ACC was a bit under rated this year. NC State, ND and Virginia have proven that. If we lose, the SEC will only have 2 teams in Omaha. I didn?t see that coming in the preseason I really thought it would be Ark, Fla, Vandy, MSU and Ole Miss in Omaha this year and LSU having a better year. Tennessee has really over exceeded though

vCash
    I don't think we are better than Notre Dame. If you look at the totality of their team vs. ours, I think they are better than us.

That being said, all we need to do is win one today and it doesn't matter. Harding go 5, Preston gets 1/2, Sims gets the rest. Do it in 5 runs or less and we've got a chance I think.

Need the bats to come out today and put pressure on ND early.

vCash
    ND is 8-3 this year on sundays in conference

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    ND is 8-3 this year on sundays in conference
    Thankfully we should be better than all 3 of the teams they lost to.

vCash
    The thing that scares me is that Kavasos has had a really weak super. Just don’t let him get hot today!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Thankfully we should be better than all 3 of the teams they lost to.
    Duke, Georgia Tech, and Florida State. All 3 at home. So they lost to some pretty good teams on Sunday.

Hopefully that trend continues

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post

I don't know what a "bug" game but I bet if TA has one we'll know it!!!
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    The biggest concerning thing is that we always allow a mistake to balloon into a huge inning that is usually too big to overcome. We have to play better fundamentally and not allow any mistakes. Limit the walks and HBP and please Jesus do not let them hit HRs. I thought we would have gotten to that pitcher last night, but we continued to be fooled by him every inning. If we are to win this game, we have to have really good quality ABs and score plenty of runs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I think things are even going into today’s game.

1). ND has better hitting and defense.

2). MSU has better pitching depth and home field advantage.

I don’t think yesterday game has no effect with this team, now us fans, big time. Amazing me some ED are talking about how bad out coaching is. If so why in the hell on God’s Green Earth have we won so many games the last 3 years with this staff? Its just being an awful chair back wanna be sideline Coach. There is not a damn thing wrong with this staff, it’s what RP coined many years ago after a terrible loss, “That’s Baseball”!!!!!

I like our chances at home today, this team has been really good and yes we have been really bad but the good has been way better than the bad!

Prediction, it will be something like 10-8 game today.

When we had a line shot up the middle knock the glove off the pitcher only to go straight to the 2nd baseman to make the play, at that moment I thought we were just not meant to win today. Plenty of plays happened that all went ND's way. Sometimes it really is "just baseball". Hopefully the breaks at least even out today.

vCash
    I'm more worried about us making it to Omaha than them not making it. Now, with that said, if we REALLY want to chap their asses we just need to beat ND tonight.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)