Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Zona vs rebs

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Why stop at third there. They should have scored on that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Our thing tomorrow is we can't have a blow up inning where we just gift them runners and then runs. That was the story today, even with our shitty bats. Would've been a totally different game.
    This exactly!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Vandy should be the heavy favorites with their 1-2
    Definitely, but their bats aren't that great. Granted, they don't really need them, but I just wouldn't be surprised if Arizona goes all the way. They're used to playing in a big park, so TD Ameritrade won't be a problem for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Definitely, but their bats aren't that great. Granted, they don't really need them, but I just wouldn't be surprised if Arizona goes all the way. They're used to playing in a big park, so TD Ameritrade won't be a problem for them.
    I've watched Arizona play a lot this year and they are solid team in every phase. Pitching, defense, power, average. Very complete team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I've watched Arizona play a lot this year and they are solid team in every phase. Pitching, defense, power, average. Very complete team.
    Especially if they get those two bullpen arms back that they suspended. I'll be rooting for them to take game 1 from Vandy in Omaha. I don't want the Dores winning another NC

vCash
    The OM postgame...

vCash
    It "might have been the right call", but it was still desperate. As I said earlier in the thread, that only works when your offense shows up and rakes. But they didn't. Ark should be good enough to not only hold NCST, but also score enough, that when the game is wired late, they can bring in their All American closer to slam the door. Hell, even if they had rotated guys to bridge to Kopps until...say...the 4th or 5th, he would've had enough juice by then to still be himself in the 9th. When they needed him the most, he gave up the go ahead HR. It was absolutely desperation, from the #1 team in the country no less. Them exploiting him the way they have would never pan out, and it met it's end in the Supers.
    Uh, we are desperate. It's do or die. ND is desperate, too. Nobody's fooling anybody.

And what only works when your offense rakes? It would have been better if they had given up more runs earlier?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    We should use a different pitcher every opportunity tomorrow. If we are up after 6, then Sims comes in. If it is close after 6, Sims should come in.
    I'm Ok with that. Sims should absolutely pitch tomorrow. I don't have a problem with when but my thing is when do you take him out if you bring him in during the fourth inning or whenever. I think that's the real tricky part about using him in a non traditional role.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Especially if they get those two bullpen arms back that they suspended. I'll be rooting for them to take game 1 from Vandy in Omaha. I don't want the Dores winning another NC
    Yeah I hate Vandy too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Uh, we are desperate. It's do or die. ND is desperate, too. Nobody's fooling anybody.

And what only works when your offense rakes? It would have been better if they had given up more runs earlier?
    Well, I think you have to consider our tendencies as a team.....often, we struggle early, eventually chase their starter or suffer through him, and then punish the pen. Starting Sims doesn't really line up with those realities, strategically, I'm afraid.

vCash
    Well, I think you have to consider our tendencies as a team.....often, we struggle early, eventually chase their starter or suffer through him, and then punish the pen. Starting Sims doesn't really line up with those realities, strategically, I'm afraid.
    That doesn't make sense. It doesn't matter when we score the runs. In fact, starting Sims in that scenario would be more likely to keep us from getting down early as our offense struggles.

When it comes to pitching, our offense doesn't matter. The name of the game is keeping their runs to a minimum. Maximizing Sims' innings gives you your best shot to do that.

vCash
    That doesn't make sense. It doesn't matter when we score the runs. In fact, starting Sims in that scenario would be more likely to keep us from getting down early as our offense struggles.

When it comes to pitching, our offense doesn't matter. The name of the game is keeping their runs to a minimum. Maximizing Sims' innings gives you your best shot to do that.
    It does make sense, actually, and btw, teams that started their closers today are about to be 0-2. We've got plenty of arms that can get us outs. Even if they only pitch an inning each. And I'm not saying don't bring him in early if you have to, and extend him. But we should absolutely go with what got us here, and Houston has been part of that formula.

vCash

Yeah the idea is to keep the game from getting away from you early no matter what it takes. It's an absolute must in a one game winner take all scenario

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Our pitching depth will come into play tomorrow and it gives us an edge.
    Our hitting depth will come into play and it won't give us the edge ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Our hitting depth will come into play and it won't give us the edge ***
    Excellent!

vCash
    Just heard Reel Big Fish's "Sell Out" over the Zona speakers, lol. Awesome.

vCash
    O.M.A.H.A - some things never change and it still means the same thing...

vCash
    Damn we need to win tomorrow to continue moving this program forward...

vCash
    Damn we need to win tomorrow to continue moving this program forward...
    This, if only to provide an excuse to celebratory drink on a Monday night.

vCash
    O.M.A.H.A - some things never change and it still means the same thing...
    Are their boards lighting up? Ready to get rid of Bianco ?