Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Super Regional Sunday Game Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Personally I would start sims, but we won't, so I'd go Harding. I thought ND struggled some tonight on Mac's offspeed. Harding might give them some trouble. Then follow him with sims. That change in velocity would be tough
    Agree, but I can't start Sims. He can play too many roles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He's better IMO. Stone could get innings too if we have to burn up Sims early.
    Gotta be ready to use Sims in first high leverage situation. Can't just wait around and hope we have a lead heading to the 8th. I think I go Harding-Sims. If Sims runs out of gas, close with Stinnett. Stone Simmons is the only other pitcher who would toe the rubber for me tomorrow. Gotta get it done with those 4 guys.

vCash
    Personally I would start sims, but we won't, so I'd go Harding. I thought ND struggled some tonight on Mac's offspeed. Harding might give them some trouble. Then follow him with sims. That change in velocity would be tough
    Me too. Outside of Sims, I would say Harding is our best pitcher right now. If we can get 5 innings out of Harding and 2 out of Sims that leaves 2 other innings that somebody else has to cover. Had thought that might be Brandon Smith but he got used today. Maybe we can go Simmons and Stinnett one inning each.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Just do not have a good feeling about tomorrow. Just seems every time we make mistakes we allow it to turn into a 3 run bomb. We have to March power for power against them and we cannot do it consistently. Saturday?s win was helped out with their errors
    Me either. We were 1-6 against Ark, Vandy and Tenn this year and I think ND may be in that class as well. They hit better than Vandy or Tenn and their pitching is as good or better than what Arkansas has outside of Kopps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Gotta be ready to use Sims in first high leverage situation. Can't just wait around and hope we have a lead heading to the 8th. I think I go Harding-Sims. If Sims runs out of gas, close with Stinnett. Stone Simmons is the only other pitcher who would toe the rubber for me tomorrow. Gotta get it done with those 4 guys.
    Johnson is available too. He's our third best. He throws. Stone can pitch and if we get a lead, to piece it together maybe.

vCash
    Sims can easily go 6 tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Me either. We were 1-6 against Ark, Vandy and Tenn this year and I think ND may be in that class as well. They hit better than Vandy or Tenn and their pitching is as good or better than what Arkansas has outside of Kopps.
    I think OM, texas, and TT should be in that grouping also. That would make us 5-7 against elite teams

vCash
    They don't have near the pitching those teams have.

vCash
    I'm not near as down on our chances tomorrow as most here. I think it will be a great game, 50/50 chance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Sims can easily go 6 tomorrow.
    If we start getting down early tomorrow he will have to come on in and go as long as he can. We can't afford to get behind 4 or 5 runs early again tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    They don't have near the pitching those teams have.
    Agree, like I said, they are on par with Ark minus Kopps but not as good as Vandy and TN. We made their pitcher today look pretty darn good though.

vCash
    The big question is do we make a move and start Hatcher tomorrow given that we absolutely cannot give away runs and he's so much better at field than hancock, Clark has not looked good in the supers so maybe sit him and DH Hancock

vCash
    If we start getting down early tomorrow he will have to come on in and go as long as he can. We can't afford to get behind 4 or 5 runs early again tomorrow.
    If Harding lets the first two runners on base he should come in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    The big question is do we make a move and start Hatcher tomorrow given that we absolutely cannot give away runs and he's so much better at field than hancock, Clark has not looked good in the supers so maybe sit him and DH Hancock
    I would.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Agree, if you are gonna beat us you got to beat our best. No saving anything tomorrow. I like that list. It should be good enough on pitching end to win. Bats must return to win though.

vCash
    I'm not near as down on our chances tomorrow as most here. I think it will be a great game, 50/50 chance
    I agree. We can win this tomorrow.

vCash
    I would.
    I think I might would too.

vCash
    I would.
    I can't believe I'm saying this.. but I would too.

I have this weird feeling that with our backs against the wall tomorrow, he'd deliver.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this.. but I would too.

I have this weird feeling that with our backs against the wall tomorrow, he'd deliver.
    He's due

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Nope, but bring him in as soon as possible with a decent lead. And Clark crushed a couple balls at folks this weekend. He's fine.