Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Super Regional Sunday Game Thread

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Start sims and don’t look back. I say he’d give us 6 and give up less than 2 runs. First 3 innings would be filth
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    The big question is do we make a move and start Hatcher tomorrow given that we absolutely cannot give away runs and he's so much better at field than hancock, Clark has not looked good in the supers so maybe sit him and DH Hancock
    Probably no good answer to that. Every time we think we've got the right combination things go sour offensively. Hancock and Clark have both quit hitting but this is the lineup we've had since starting the regional and I think we will live or die with it. Little late at this stage to keep experimenting.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Only other option is start Harding and go to sims at first sign of trouble
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I wouldn't wait for trouble. I'd go Harding 2 times thru their lineup, and go sims at that point

vCash
    Do we have enough arms to not let any batter see the same pitcher twice?

Half-serious here
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    We can talk it all night but you guys know good and well Lemonis is not going to start Sims. He will just not go that far off script. Hopefully he will at least start Harding and we get a good 3 or 4 innings at minimum. On the bright side, OM is down 4 runs.

vCash
    Do or die tom. Everyone is available if I was Lemonis expect for Mac. We have to play clean and the bats have to show up…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I wouldn't wait for trouble. I'd go Harding 2 times thru their lineup, and go sims at that point
    Unlikely he makes it that far without a high leverage spot.

I wouldn't start Sims just for the sheer fact that the beginning of the game isn't a high leverage spot. But I would absolutely have him ready to come into the game in the 1st inning if needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Well I partially blame downwarddog since he watched the game and thus started our bed shitting. You are absolutely barred from watching the game tomorrow
    I don?t even know what time we play tomorrow and I ain?t looking!!?n

vCash
    I think OM, texas, and TT should be in that grouping also. That would make us 5-7 against elite teams
    Its become obvious that if you take away Nikhazy, OM is nothing that special. Arizona destroyed every other pitcher they ran out and will send them home. USM scored on them like crazy as well. We beat Texas and TT in the opening weekend but that seems like 2 years ago at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Its become obvious that if you take away Nikhazy, OM is nothing that special. Arizona destroyed every other pitcher they ran out and will send them home. USM scored on them like crazy as well. We beat Texas and TT in the opening weekend but that seems like 2 years ago at this point.
    We're playing tomorrow to go to the CWS. Maybe you should just realize we're a damn good team ourselves.

vCash
    We're playing tomorrow to go to the CWS. Maybe you should just realize we're a damn good team ourselves.
    Never said we weren't. Just saying that OM is not an elite baseball team. Certainly not on the level that you were trying to include them into. We are damn good but we are playing a damn good team as well.

vCash
    Never said we weren't. Just saying that OM is not an elite baseball team. Certainly not on the level that you were trying to include them into. We are damn good but we are playing a damn good team as well.
    OM is a really good team. You don't make it this far without being one. You downplayed us bc of our record vs tenn, ark, and tenn, well OM is 3-3 vs that group... no games vs tenn

vCash
    They were elite until Hoglund went down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    They were elite until Hoglund went down.
    We were elite back then too, and we didn't lose a pitcher.

vCash
    Probably no good answer to that. Every time we think we've got the right combination things go sour offensively. Hancock and Clark have both quit hitting but this is the lineup we've had since starting the regional and I think we will live or die with it. Little late at this stage to keep experimenting.
    Thing is that I don?t think that?s experimenting. It?s starting with your best defensive unit to try and not give away runs like we did at the start today and you aren?t sacrificing that much offense in the process based on recent ABs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We were elite back then too, and we didn't lose a pitcher.
    We did not physically lose a pitcher but our elite big-3 in preseason became healthy pretty ok-3

Yet 20 SEC wins and could still win tomorrow

We prolly need 12 runs to win tomorrow night.

Today made me think about Jacob Billingsley, you could count on that kid to be smart and competitive in a way we lack today with more “elite” arms. Cole Gordon too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Do we have enough arms to not let any batter see the same pitcher twice?

Half-serious here
    The serious answer is yes.

1st- Harding
    2nd- Simmons
    3rd- Tullar
    4th- Stinnett
    5th- Johnson
    6th- Tepper
    7th- Hunt
    8th- Sims
    9th- Sims

But someone would get touched for a 7 spot. But this is how Schlossnagle would pitch it. He would throw the kitchen sink and see who could settle quickly. I have high hopes for Hooty. He’ll give us a competitive outing tomorrow but we gotta score runs.