Thread: Mac needs to come up big tomorrow?.

vCash

Mac needs to come up big tomorrow?.

If they get in our bp early tomorrow it?s gonna be a long, long day?..
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    He's going to have to have his changeup working. He'll face a lot of righties.

vCash
    Gotta locate the FB down in the zone. Their big hits today were generally on fastballs mid thigh. Keep em around the knees and locate at least one off speed.

We should have the upper hand on arms either way

vCash
    I like going to battle with him in that situation tomorrow myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    I like going to battle with him in that situation tomorrow myself.
    I don?t because he?s very inconsistent. He gives up the long ball and is easily rattled. Plus, the remaining guys in our bullpen haven?t been good lately.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I don?t because he?s very inconsistent. He gives up the long ball and is easily rattled. Plus, the remaining guys in our bullpen haven?t been good lately.
    Remaining guys?? Hell you throw everyone. To hell with rest. If we need Sims for 3 more today. Send his ass out there. If we need Johnson, he better buckle it up….
    We END THIS TODAY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Remaining guys?? Hell you throw everyone. To hell with rest. If we need Sims for 3 more today. Send his ass out there. If we need Johnson, he better buckle it up….
    We END THIS TODAY!!!
    If we got a lead, I tend to agree with you. We can change pitchers every inning if we want. Can't leave anyone out there too long who is struggling. With our depth, no one will pitch too many.

vCash
    MacLeod needs to pitch to contact today, trust his stuff, and let the defense work. MacLeod's issue has been early count balls leading to predictable counts.

And someone mentioned the change up. The game completely changed for him last week when he started utilizing that pitch and got out of that 3rd inning jam. Utilize that movement and speed change early in the count and work back to the FB.

He can attack Notre Dame backwards and I think be successful. Early count CBs and CH will get him some easy strikes early in the count in the middle innings.

I think MacLeod bulldawgs it today and we punch our ticket to Omaha.

vCash
    Notre Dame was sitting on first pitch fastball all day yesterday.

vCash
    Just change speeds. Don't get into any pattern, if you start throwing too many early count change ups, they will eventually tee off.

vCash
    I feel good about Mac today. ND is a really good hitting team & Mac is more deceptive & non traditional than Bednar. I think he can throw ND off. I think 6 runs wins it today
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Mac just needs to avoid the bad inning. That's been what's gotten him. He'll cruise for a couple then get wild. Sometimes the defense has hurt him too. Got to avoid walks and that bad inning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Notre Dame was sitting on first pitch fastball all day yesterday.
    This is spot on? we MUST mix up what we are throwing on that first pitch (especially Bednar over the last three games). Opposing coaches have done a good job on having their guys jump on those pitches. Doing this will play right into Mac?s strength of being deceptive with his speeds and locations.