Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Super Regional Game 1 Thread

vCash
    That was an amazing game! Offense brought the lumber to overcome a bad day by a starter. Thats big because that is thought to be the Achilles heel of this team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    No he absolutely sucked. When announcers say we've had much better strike zones and he's been all over the place you know it's bad
    Were the announcers actually at the game today? At times it didn't seem like they were.

vCash
    Great game. Hopefully MacLeod is strong tomorrow. I wonder if Lemonis would use Sims for an inning or two tomorrow to secure a trip to Omaha.

vCash
    No he absolutely sucked. When announcers say we've had much better strike zones and he's been all over the place you know it's bad
    Jim Ellis and Jay Powell will tell you as well, just not directly.

vCash
    I understand but with baseball it's totally different than the other sports. They put way more emphasis on regular season and very little on tournament results.
    Yep, until they don't. Nothing is for sure with the NCAA seeding process.

vCash
    Now y'all get the Irish to the outfield and fill 'em up so they'll be too stuffed to play tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I didn't have a problem with not putting in Sims until the 8th. Its obvious to me that he starts becoming less effective after that. Plus we are likely going to need him again this weekend. What I can't understand is not sacrificing with Forsythe when you have the opportunity to at least get a productive out with him.
    Yeah we gotta start treating Forsyth like a mlb pitcher with a runner on and less than 2 outs. Bunt bunt bunt and I hate bunting but he ain't hitting nothing right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yep, until they don't. Nothing is for sure with the NCAA seeding process.
    Lol yeah the ncaa is sketchy for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Were the announcers actually at the game today? At times it didn't seem like they were.
    No they weren't there I think that's why they could view how bad the strike zone actually was.

vCash
    I’ve watched a lot of baseball in my life and I’m pretty certain this ump was the worst that I’ve seen. I don’t remember having a high school ump that consistently bad.

I wonder if something got in his head and threw him into a tailspin b/c the ump that I was watching should not even be a juco ump.

vCash
    Umps were affected by the crowd and atmosphere as well.

vCash
    The missed call on that pop up was the 2nd worst call I've ever seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Umps were affected by the crowd and atmosphere as well.
    Certainly didn't seem to affect them in a positive way for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    The missed call on that pop up was the 2nd worst call I've ever seen.
    Yeah that one wasn't even close just plain bad missed call

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    No.

vCash
    No they weren't there I think that's why they could view how bad the strike zone actually was.
    The color guy made about as strong a statement about a bad ump as I have ever heard a TV guy make.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The color guy made about as strong a statement about a bad ump as I have ever heard a TV guy make.
    Yep. Something like "I'm sure he's a good guy, but...", lol. Then followed it with "that's a hard job, though".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    That was an amazing game! Offense brought the lumber to overcome a bad day by a starter. Thats big because that is thought to be the Achilles heel of this team
    This team has some power. One HR away from 5 guys having 10+ HR. that is salty. That power ain't counting Clark or Cumbest who both we know have power.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Exactly. You hardly ever hear them call out an umpire especially college umps but they pretty well said he was terrible in a tactful way of course lol. KP said he was all over the place which was really being kind

vCash
    The resiliency from our team today was insane. The kind of "never quit" that wins championships. Also, the Dude was absolutely nuts on TV. For ND to come in fielding as well as they have, and to E 4 times in one game, it doesn't take a scientist to figure out the important variable that factored in there. The crowd was a weapon today. Nuts.